Great fantasy novels?

Great fantasy novels?

Let's have a laugh at all the "fedora/katana" replies. How many can I rack up?

*Draws Katana and teleports behind you*
*whispers "Die in a fire in your ear"*

the dark tower series

Only thing stopping me is the first book is apparently not that great, even though the series is really good.

haha you are kindve right about that. i didnt really get into them until a good friend convinced me too... glad i went the distance with it though

just power though book 1. He wrote it when he was 19.

The original Mistborn trilogy and The Stormlight Archives by Brandon Sanderson. The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, but only read 1-5 and 11-14 and read the synopsis on wiki for the middle ones. Avoid The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind, starts promising but dies a death after 3 books.

"The Traitor Baru Cormorant". Dear gods, that book.

Reading them as they were published years ago I agree with you, but you can power through the first and carry right on to the story and characters getting better.

try to think that book 1 is just an introduction to the main character. It's a quick read and by the time you hit the end you'll want more. Greatest tale ever told

KingKiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss

FANTASTIC, MUST READ.

Riftwar Saga by Raymond Feist

A bit aged in tone and style, but still superb story and characters.

I would also argue most of the Expanded Universe Star Wars novels, especially the Old Republic and prior.

The Bible is weak, even for fantasy. In incongruent, the characters are forgettable and shitty. The writing is boring and goes off on pointless tangents.

It's just a shit book in general. Worthless to read for ANY reason. And if you believe it's shit, you are a fucking lemming.

is there anything like wheel of time? except shorter and less bloated?

ie main character with powerful magic ability and a chosen one with a lot of angst, but not 14 books with 1000 pages

harry potter

The Malazan series by Steven Erikson.
Otherworld by Tad Williams

Amazing series. I read them over a couple of years. My only dislike was no intro of the story so far, so I'd be half way through a book, seeing names and references that were familiar but I couldn't place them before they fell into place.

KingKiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss

Not Op, but ive triewd to start the malazan series twice, once i read 1/5 the book and like 4 hours of the audiobook and gave up because it was soooooooooo slow

I'm hesitant to say, but MAYBE you'd like the Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon?

Definitely fantasy and short, but very..."teen" oriented?

That's me with Robert Ludlum novels. I've tried to audiobook my way through the Bourne series several times. It's just too damn monotone. If Ben Stein were a book series, it would be Robert Ludlum novels (or maybe Tom Clancy too).

I wouldnt even attempt the bourne novels, i only really read fantasy. real life bores me, so i like something different

urban fantasy, epic fantasy etc

> All non-marxist economics