Any good?

Looking for a new show to watch with the Missus.

What's the consensus on this? We both like true-crime drug documentaries, and this looks pretty good.

Difficulty: If it moves too slow, she'll give up on it and go back to watching Mike and Molly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PtJ6yAGjsIs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Watch it. It's the shit! First episode by itself will have you hooked. There's subtitles but they're necessary and the narration suits this show. Watch it.

Thanks, user. Will binge watch this weekend.

Pretty good man. Was visiting a friend out of town and he started it up while we were just hanging out pregaming and I got addicted (heh) like one episode in. I'm not saying it's the greatest show ever, but if you're searching for a show to watch, I'd recommend it.

It's a bit bland desu. I really don't get the praise.

easily the best thing netflix has made

Why the fuck are americucks so bothered by subtitles? about 90% of the world has to watch movies with subtitles and nobody thinks theyre even a slight nuisance.

If you speak spanish you'll probably be fucking triggered by Pablo's accent because they chose a fucking brazilian to play him (despite being several native spanish speaking actors willing to portray him and with a closer look than him)

>no Cali Cartel screentime
they fucked up

Who tf said I was bothered by them? I only mention them to OP as a heads up so he wouldn't be caught off guard. Fucking salty ass.

>The Americans
>Gomorra
>Narcos

top choices here desu

I'm an amerifat and I totally agree. Everyone here bitches about subtitles even if it's just like a 5 minute scene, bugs the shit out of me because my friends never watch any foreign movies

The narration is bad and so are the time skips. Other than that it's pretty solid and I have enjoyed myself quite a bit. The setting with the views, music and architecture really felt lika a breath of a fresh air from all of these USA-based shows.

So why the fuck would you even mention them?

"Theres subtitles but they're necessary"

In other words "Man I know subtitles are total fucking shit that can turn something kino into absoluteshit tierbut i swear in this case they're necessary so you must withstand like true american patriot!"

Because they're distracting, and 99% of the movies we watch don't have subtitles.

I started watching everything with subtitles, because I find it easier to follow the story sometimes. I don't miss whispered dialogue or get distracted from the movie/show because I'm more focused due to reading everything. It does distract from the visual component of movies/shows sometimes, though.

watch capeshit like supergirl/flash with the """missus"""

it'll suit her intellect.

She doesn't like superhero movies, which is fine because I'm not a big fan of them either.

If left to her own devices, she would watch nothing but Shark Week, true-crime shows, Friends, TMZ, and Kardashians.

Of course, if left to my own devices, I'd play vidyas all day and drink every night.

>If it moves too slow, she'll give up on it

It's 90% in Spanish with subtitles, so she probably doesn't have the patience for it.

> I have a Girlfriend: The thread
Narcos isn't appropriate for your girlfriends son anyways, OP. Even if it is about his fathers relatives

Haha, women amirite? :^)

What a fucking beta

>Narcos isn't appropriate for your girlfriends son
She said she thought you could handle it.

Wow... You are really tense over some subtitles. Do you go outside often?

city of god is the best modern movie with subtitles I've seen

most people don't mind subtitles who actually care about the quality of movies

>What's the consensus on this?
Aprende espnanol, puto Americano.

>Why the fuck are americucks so bothered by subtitles? about 90% of the world has to watch movies with subtitles and nobody thinks theyre even a slight nuisance.
That just means the rest of the world prefers english movies too, dumb shit.

>about 90% of the world has to watch movies with subtitles
>has to

Replace "subtitles" with "no air conditioning" and "no clean water". Sure, people put up with those inconveniences if they have to, but when they are virtually ubiquitous and you don't have them, it's annoying. Why do people act proud to live in impoverished parts of the world that are lacking in nice things?

It's fantastic. GOAT intro as well
youtube.com/watch?v=PtJ6yAGjsIs

And it moves pretty quickly, every episode has a major event and some kind of a game changer.

Subtitles aren't an inconvenience though. They help you pick up all the dialogue and follow the plot better.

>help you pick up all the dialogue and follow the plot better

How is that preferable to having a major movie industry that puts out loads of quality media in your 1st language? If you can't understand what they're saying or follow the plot because of language problems then of course it's an inconvenience.

It's pretty good, but the Macaulay Culkin looking mother fucker just completely ruins so many aspects of the show

Not a slow show. Very good camera movements and editing on par with Goodfellas. Very engaging as it becomes cat and mouse hunt of DEA/Columbia police vs Escobar.

>Roberto Escobar, who claims to be the "successor-in-interest rights” to the Escobar family, has reportedly demanded a whopping $1 billion from Netflix for content rights. Roberto Escobar is the brother of Pablo Escobar (assassinated by Colombian Police back in 1993). In addition, he looked after accounts of Pablo Escobar’s Medellin Cartel drug operation.

>Per a Newsweek article, Escobar even went ahead to threaten the premier of the show saying “If they decline my offer we have attorneys ready to proceed with necessary actions…I don't think there will be any more 'Narcos' if they do not talk to me. You have to pay to play, and they are playing me without paying.”

Is season 2 in jeopardy

>Is season 2 in jeopardy
nah, there's a soap opera and a dozen movies on escobar, his family hasn't profited off any of them much less his kike ass brother who actually sold him out to the DEA

same here user, I saw loads of people compare it breaking bad, but it's definitely not on that level, people are just jumping on the bandwagon