Prob the worst place to ask considering most people on here are edgy as fuck

Prob the worst place to ask considering most people on here are edgy as fuck.
But Sup Forums how do you deal with break ups? This break up has me crushed, can't sleep, eat or have the energy to do anything
What do I do?
>break up advice thread

Alright user, since it sounds like your really down, I'll give you some serious advice. Hold up one sec...

Need moar story.

You don't erase the pain. Accept it. Embrace it. Acknowledge it. Cry. And then tell it to go fuck itself you have better shit to do.

What's the story?

As lame and corny as it sounds, Time. Putting distance between you and that breakup is all you can do bro. Now thats not saying its easy, just drink and do your best to stay positive. Think about all the freetime youll have now, and download Plenty of Fish and Tinder. Fuck around in your free time, and lie your ass off on them. Just fuck whatever you can. I just got out of a 10 yr relationship about 7 monthd ago, i went through suicid thoughts and drinking every night to at least some kind of happiness and talking to a 7/10 with a decent body who wants the d. Find a girl who appreciates you. Thats a part of it to, but you have to appreciate yourself first. I know you can do it bro. Be strong. Love you buddy.

Here's the unfortunate truth.

Love is an ambiguous term in the English language. For instance, the ancient Greeks had over 11 words for different kinds of love and the varying degrees of intensity. Here in English speaking countries, some might say love is nothing more than a release of Oxytocin that we've evolved to have last long enough for early humanoid primates to mate and raise young before the male left. Other's say love is more meaningful - a deep intimate connection between two people who look past each other's weaknesses and decide to stay together.

The thing is that both are right. Love is literally as simple as a neurochemical reaction to keep organism together for mating, but simultaneously has been imbued by society to be a lot more meaningful.

The issue (and the one that you're dealing with) is that people sometimes skew too closely in the direction of one philosophy over the other. That is, you're in a position where you've put this neurochemical on a pedestal and can't get over the fact s/he is gone, but the reality is that there are literally hundreds of thousands of other partners that could elicit the same feelings. What's worse, you're probably falling in love with the idea of that person and minimizing their flaws at this point since you don't have access to any of the constant reminders of the things s/he does that you don't like.

Long story short, the pain is biological but don't waste too much energy making it more psychological than it needs to be. Go on a run, draw a picture, read a good book, look up something crazy on the deepweb, smoke some pot, eat at a buffet - do whatever it is that takes your mind off of it.

It's gonna be fine dude. Everyone goes through this.

Push through it, and move foward. Change your mind set and think about how you are free, than move foward, dont call her dont facebook here delete her from every part of your life, pretend you dont know her. Just keep moving foward.

Also if you have nudes of her please post them in this thread.

She just seemed more and more distant from me to the point where she would take a full day to reply and then it just finished, I'm not sure why either cause there was nothing bad between us

You'll get over it in time. It's tough adjusting to a change like that, but it's probably for the best. Things didn't work out for whatever reason and when you think about it, isn't it better to be with someone who reciprocates the same feelings?

My advice is to cut off all contact with them, unfriend them, lose their number and take down all reminders of them. Put gifts and pictures and all that relationship crap in a box and put it somewhere that you won't constantly go to.

In time, everything will suck less, but take this time to better yourself. Hit the gym, go do shit that you didn't have the time to do. Eventually you'll want to find someone new, or just smash out a bunch of randoms you meet through tinder.

Thanks man I hope you find your one too

When me and my ex broke up i devastated for months.. then i started clubbing and fucking every little skank i could find. This worked. Now i'm in a great relationship but it kinda disturbs me that i can't treat her like the whores i was used to

fuck someone else asap

Who officially ended it?

Thanks lads for the advice, seems the main thing I need to do is delete all reminders of her and focus on some other shit to keep myself occupied. here's hoping Itl work, cheers

Sort of both, I stopped popping up to her in hopes she would make the effort of popping up to me but she didn't which showed how she really felt, was mutual decision

You get /fit/

>Sup Forums how do you deal with break ups?
Oh darling, we don't.

There doesn't have to be anything bad. Sometimes love just fades. Maybe she realised that it wasn't what she was after. Either way it doesn't matter. Do something with the time you have now, whether that's fucking bitches or picking up a hobby or two. I do miss being single because of the freedom and the spare time and money. Love is overrated imo. Just do what makes you feel alive.

Time is important. And actively focus on moving on, finding new things. Sitting on your ass thinking about what could've happened is a waste of time.

Godspeed user. Look after yourself :)

You get desperate and say shit you shouldn't say
Then you get angry
Get drunk, don't eat
Get petty and vindictive.
It goes on like that for a while, not as long as you think though.
Then it gets better unitl you think about it again.
Get drunk again
Try to be nice to ex, it doesn't help

Then, you just kind of start to feel less shitty, slowly.
Then, suddenly, it's all good.

That's pretty much how it goes. Try not to let it happen more than once. Learn.

i lol'd

I was with a girl for 5 years that was a yoga instructor. Ya ya sex was good but when it ended, i couldnt find myself to go to a gym or anything listen to music, it all reminded me of her. One day i woke up. Quit my job. Found a better one then she gradually left my head.

She later returned on my doorstep broke as hell. The party was over. She left me for drugs and i wasted all that time longing for our love that was lost.

TL;DR it takes time. But work on yourself in any way u can. Learn to hate them and have that as motivation or forget them.

Develop depression and psychosis whilst also abusing hard drugs and alcohol. Shit's great

If it's anything like the woman I am dating right now, if it ends you sure as hell better make sure everything else ends too. You won't get another chance at happiness.

let it take its course and move on
you might have dreams about her for years too come
vased on how much you loved her
life after love is achievable tho
youll be aight user
dont anhero

+1 for honesty.

That's the best idea, speaking from experience.

How do you not see a break-up coming from a mile away?

That should give you the time you need to steel yourself and be able to move on when it happens. If you were autistic enough to actually not be able to predict this then you deserve everything you're feeling right now.

Kill yourself
suicide is the only option

>Asks for advice
>Thinks the best option is to make him feel bad for a past mistake

Edgy

Kys you beta faggot

You should feel bad for making mistakes, there's a reason they're called mistakes.

Had a bad breakup. Started cutting and burning myself. Years later tried to kill myself. Don't waste your time thinking about it. It's honestly a bit stupid to have feelings over something like that. Move on. Become a misanthrope.

Treat it like an addiction.
Some people go cold turkey some people take it steps at a time.

I say cold turkey.
Remove anything that reminds you of her.
Replace free time that you would spend remembering her with friends or fun

Games can be godsends.

if u have a song that reminds u of her then wait for a great time your having with ur friends and play it. You will create badass memories that will overlap you remembering that bitch. That's what she is now. bitch of the past. your free. so be free and enjoy the things you didn't have time to before

Yeah games wouldn't be the best thing cause we gamed together :/

>Go to a bar
>Fuck bitches.
>Profit??

Then read a book you flaming faggot

this mang

get the fuck away from the common places
surround yourself with your people, don't stay alone
avoid rebound/revenge sex, shit's gonna fuck your selfesteem bro
don't get drunk/get high, if you do you're bound to do very stupid things that you'll regret later
throw or give away all her remaining stuff, you don't need that shit around reminding you of her
do constructive things, regain your sense of utility and keep your mind busy
it's gonna hurt like a son of a bitch, but you can do this Sup Forumsro

sorry for the funky english

First off, accept that you're underage b&, and this is your first experience in loss, following your first experience in love.

Disney lied to you user.
Love isn't magical happiness...
It isn't even real.

>with gf
Go everywhere with monkey on your back.
Monkey that won't go and have fun with others... it's just clings to your back the entire night.

> without gf
Can do anything
Doesn't matter how extreme or tame...
You can do it. Nobody whinging in your ear about how they don't want you to do that.

Love isn't real.
Finding a girl you relate to and get along with that likes what you do and will go along with it IS real...
Just very rare.

What live really is, is a female version of a best friend that you can have sex with.

Accept that truth and you'll realize how shit the bitch you just lost was

I would avoid spending time alone at all costs. I went thriugh this shit a few months ago, and took a path of anger and hatred to deal with it. As soon as I felt sad, I would blast some grindcore and start punching shit and just filling up my mind with angry thoughts.

It might sound fucked up, but holy fuck was it empowering. Everytime that I was uber mad I would go to the gym and lift until my body was exhausted. Getting angry has its drawbacks tho, I hate my ex and I can't say anything nice about her, not that I care but some people don't like to keep that in them.

Back to the loneliness part, go out with friends. Even if its as pathetic as just you and him in a bar drinking at 3pm, it's better than being alone. Talk to girls, make friendships with girls, and if you're not ready for all the dating crap, just do some casual hookups.

It will get better Sup Forumsro, as soon as you stop looking for her, the next girl will roll around.

the school of life has a good video on it, cant be arsed too link it but I advise you to look it up

op, i guess everybody already said what i wanted to say but there one thing that help me alot

Try not to think about her throughout the day. Every time she pops on your head, say to you 'i will think of her later'. And actually do! But don't let her be on your mind all the time. Condense your thoughts about her in only a moment of the day, dont allow yourself be reminding of her all the time. But actually think about the relationship. Just not all the time. This really helps. I guess it is because, sometimes, you think about her just by habit... But don't fool yourself just delaying and never actually taking time to think about the shit that happened. Thinking is part of the process...

and also, do as this guy
Tinder is great for it. Going out and reminding yourself that you worth something is great. Or better, being reminded of this by a naked girl that has your dick in her mouth is even better

think of all the negative sides of her. Try to "hate" her for that so you can get over it

Listen to Cee Lo Green's Fuck You song. I was instantly over my ex with that.

If you break up it's de facto proof that you don't have a good thing going. You may miss the other person, but you need to remind yourself that it's a biological and emotional response. It may hurt, but you need to remind yourself you weren't right for each other and use your time to focus on other things in life such as working out, eating right, hobbies, etc.

I'm not suggesting denial, but you need to keep busy: get out and go running every day, listen to fun spooky podcasts and interesting interviews, watch great movies and talk with your friends about funny farts and life outside of this breakup. You're bound to be reminded of her by things, but that part no one can dodge.

You're gonna' clean your life up one bidet at a time.

I drink, smoke and do drugs to cope. Also have as much meaningless sex as i can get. Its a very lonely life. Thats how i deal with it

Most of the time i come here post pic here and make a suicide thread for trios but they either never got trips or they said don't do it in trips so ye im still here

also I got over a breakup a week ago, I talked to my ex about it and cleared up everything that was bothering me at the time. she knew I mightve been trying to get back to her so she said she still used to feel something after the break up, but knows she has gotten over it now.

being honest about it all helps a lot

this

Black metal and weed just find music you like and drown the emotions in lack of care

Fuck weed acid is the way to go

Jesus that's a millenial response.
So fucking interesting!

A duel...

nothing better than letting go off your past

"Wie oft sind es erst die Ruinen, die den Blick freigegeben auf den Himmel." Viktor Frankl

Means something like: In the ruins (of life), you can finally get a clear view of the sky (to break free, gives you the possibility to choose your life goals independently, the only limits are in your head. so forgive yourself but don't be self-pitying, get rid of the past, break free and do anything you want with your life).

And stop visting Sup Forums, really, this cesspit will only enforce old destructive behavior patterns in yourself.

I accept your challenge

Time will flush everything away.
Only time.

great m8

I know it hurts, but just think. If it was really meant to be then it wouldnt have ended. True love doesn't fail. And as far as moving on just keep yourself occupied and make new friends, you dont necessarily need to go fuck around with some random girl that might just numb the pain but not get rid of it. Use this time to work on yourself and build yourself up. Not for her or anyone else but for yourself.

Curve balls

I can't offer any advice because I'm going through the same thing man. It really sucks but I'm just trying to focus on other stuff like school and work till I'm over it. Having someone who was always there for you and be a big part of your motivation to do something with you life just up and leave, it's tough

Break ups are like physical injuries. You have to heal and it takes time. It would be great if you could take a pill and stop the hurt but you can't. I would say just be good to yourself for a month or two and then start venturing out again. You may not be ready to date in that time but you can at least be social. You'll know when you're ready and just because you're ready won't be a guarantee that you will immediately find someone. Love isn't always on time. It will get better