Talk to me about lucid dreaming, I've tried the last 2 nights and no luck...

Talk to me about lucid dreaming, I've tried the last 2 nights and no luck. I quit marijuana 2 days ago to so I can have a better chance but still no luck. Help please

You need jesus in your life user,
then you'll have lucid dreams

did no one tell you it'll take longer than 2 half ass nights? cmon b

I usualy get sleep paralysis after lucid dreaming.

Do you know how to lucid dream? If you do can you give me some helpful hints please

i obsessed over it for like a month honestly, kept doing reality checks and wrote down/tried to remember dreams and they started to happen.

Okay then, thanks :P so after a month for you you began to lucid dream? And for me my first night I felt like I was going into one but I'm so excited that I prevent myself from achieving it

yeah it took a month for me but that might be slow, it felt like an eternity for sure

How long have you been lucid dreaming?

I'm a Jungian mystic and I dream lucidly whenever I want. Having a lucid dream is easy, and anyone can do it. The subconscious is highly suggestible and just wanting to have a lucid dream is usually enough to have one. It's much, much harder to remember having had them.

The only way you're going to start remembering your lucid dreams is to keep a dream journal religiously, and to fall into the habit of writing down your dreams the *instant* you wake up. There's no short cuts for this. It's going to take some work and dedication, but the good news is you'll be able to visit your own personal Holodeck every night once you've trained yourself.

That sounds really fun, and it's the reason I quit smoking weed. I hope soon I get to experience the wonders of the subconscious consciously lol. I'd like to hear a story if it's okay. I love reading about other people's experiences in the dream world. And if you will share can you green text it. If not it's fine I totally understand, their your dream (:

my lucid dreams are always me walking through the woods, and the moon is fuckin huge, weird stuff

What do you guys think about binaural beats? Do they help?

Well, the first thing you need to understand is that lucid dreaming is a powerful tool for self-discovery. In my case, I'd spent decades repressing my emotional self to the point I could no longer experience my own emotions, only being able to recognize them second-hand. As a result, my dreams were often disturbing and frightening.

In time, I began to notice a recurring character in my dreams: Christina Applegate. Eventually I worked up the courage to approach her and ask her who she was, and she admitted that she was the Anima, the female-in-the-male, and the embodiment of my own repressed emotional side. She was there to act as my dream guide to help me reconnect with my spiritual nature.

In the beginning I'd find myself lucid and start pestering dream characters, asking them who they were and what they represented. You'll discover that dream characters get very angry if you tell them they're not real -- because they manifestly ARE. They're YOU, or at least parts of you. With Christina's help, I was able to start letting the dreams play out, and then I'd find myself in a theatre with Christina and a bucket of popcorn. The curtain would open and the dream would replay on the screen so she and I could discuss it and break it down for meaning.

It's a bit embarassing, since it means my subconscious regards Christina Applegate as the perfect woman, literally a goddess.

That is amazing!! Wow I really wanna lucid dream. And thanks for the advice to not tell my characters they aren't real. I was going to say that when I have my lucid dream. But 10/10 m8 I r8. Great stuff (:

not that guy, this isn't really lucid dreaming. but if you try to wake up at like hour 6 or 7 and then fall back to sleep for a few hours. kinda like over sleeping. you have some crazy ass vivid dreams. i get them every night because i take forever to wake up and over sleep a lot.

I tried that today but I couldn't go back to sleep. (Slept at 11 woke up at 3)And when I did I'd wake up idk I'd say every 2 hours. And no memory of a dream);

damn. well lets say i went to bed at 1am. 8 hours would be 9. so if you wake up at 8 or something, look at the time and fall back to sleep for like even an hour. or if you make it until like 10. but thats usually what your body does, you wake up every 2 hours and then maybe listen to some music to fall back asleep. idk thats all i know man, sorry. i have vivid dreams a lot so its weird when some people tell me they never have dreams. i don't know whats different.

Thanks anyways (:

Lucid dreaming doesn't exist. Anyone that claims to have done it is lying or confused as to what actually was happening.

Can pot affect your dreaming, or chances of lucid dreaming?

Everyone dreams. The problem is that the memory of dreams is stored in the part of the brain responsible for short-term retention. They disappear within 15 minutes of waking if they aren't moved to long-term memory. The best way to do this is to write them down IMMEDIATELY upon waking. The reason for this is Freud was able to show that dreams begin changing the moment people wake. By asking people to write down the same dream over and over again over a period of time, he showed that the details keep changing without people being aware of it.

A dream journal is not optional if you want to have lucid dreams and remember having them.

You're an idiot. I have lucid dreams on a regular basis. So do a lot of other people. If you lack the self-discipline and imagination to have lucid dreams, that's no reflection on others.

thats true. i usually wake up feeling like something crazy happened. so i would just take a few minutes sitting up in bed to recall my dream. and all the dreams happen right before you wake up so it was really recently if you have dreamed something.

Yes, weed decreases your chance of dreaming and remembering a dream. Weed fogs up your brain like a streamed mirror after a hot shower. So I'm quitting because I wanna lucid dream as a drug now. It was easy for me to quit because of how excited/dedicated I am to achieving a lucid dream

2 days without weed isn't enough. Try atleast a week.

And you have to practise memorizing your dreams if you want to have a better chance for lucid dreams. Write every detail, no matter how small, down to a paper or something right after you wake up every day.