Looking to get into motorcycling, I'm a UK fag so I'm probably going to start on a 125

Looking to get into motorcycling, I'm a UK fag so I'm probably going to start on a 125.

What are good learner bikes I could buy? General bike shitposting though.

>>>/auto/

gj

Also didn't know that was a thing

>125

no

Get an sr250

I'm fucking poor, 18yo and insurance is expensive for inexperienced drivers here in the uk. My friend paid 700 for 3rd party.

Looks good, are they expensive to insure tho :(

They'd probably be hard to find too.

Holy shit, that's unfortunate.

He bought a Derbi GPR 125 which was a little modded, paid 900 for bike, and nearly 800 for year of insurance on the 125, 3rd party. It's a nice rare bike here though so that's nice :)

Hey op, i drive bike for like 3 years for now and the mistake i made was, i also bought a 125 to start with but then it wasnt enough so my suggestion to you is to start with a 250 if you can

If i save more money I might, but is it a huge difference? I really like bikes but never had time to get into it. I don't want something that does 0-60 in like 1 fucking second, but something with enough oomph to accelerate fast etc, nothing crazy though.

yea it does not make any huge difference honestly. I get you you just want a starter bike as i understand, and 125cc is good but you will get use to your bike more quicker then you guess. If you start with a 125 after 3 or 4 months you will get bored and wanna upgrade to 250

Fair enough, from a couple of people I've spoken to is main issue with smaller engines is the fact that you get no acceleration. Also what bike you ride? And what country?

Where are you from OP? If there is a J&S store in your city go down and take a look at their Derbi 125's. I started on the Cross City (still got it, trying to sell) and its perfect for learning. Can do 65 comfortably, 70 full out, light and tall so really maneuverable for filtering.

If you need something really cheap go with a CBR/YBR secondhand as there will be plenty of parts, cheap to fix and insure

get a ninja 250r bruh
great starter bike and you won't feel like your on a scooter once you actually can ride well

He said he is 18, in the UK he HAS to start on a 125. If you're 24 you can do the DAS and get anything but below that age you do a CBT which restricts you to a 125. From there you can do an A1 which lets you take L plates off or A2 which consists of two tests and will allow you to ride bikes which have less than 46BHP and a certain power/weight ratio

I got a 2014 gsxr 600 black and white sexy as fuck

But to start I'd say a ninja 250 is a great start is a good looking bike closer looks to the 600/1000 and its not a bad bike too has something to it can enjoy the ride

Didn't know that about the UK

I'm the guy who just posted about having the 600 ..

Well if that's the case guess I'm comet about the 250 can't happen ..

Well in any case if you op babe no choice but to go 125 do so and when you can move up go for a 250 great to be ready for the big bois 600 and 1000 (there's the 750 in between lol)

I've just got an A2 licence myself and have financed an XSR700. I think spending a year on a 125 gave me enough know-how as I feel completely comfortable with the power but for those who only spend a month on a 125 or live elsewhere I think something like the Ninja 250 or 300 would be perfect

Buy Yamaha XT or Fazer or If you want a good trustworthy Bike then buy KTM. But never I said never,never buy India or Ducati after 3'000 km you will get engine problems.

get a bike below 600ccm and below 70hp. maybe
>Honda CB500
>Suzuki GS500E / F
>Kawasaki ER5
>Kawasaki Ninja 250 / 300
or something of the sort

My mate got a derbi gpr 125 here, they're super rare here though. Very nice bikes.

Yeah they are one of the rarer models outside of Spain, my local J&S (Manchester) sells them for I think it is 2.5k. I bought my Cross City brand new for 1.3 with a 2 year warranty.

Derbi bikes in general are pretty solid (I rode mine 1k+ miles a month for a year and only had one problem that required a mechanic) but parts are tough to find.

Derbi bikes are great, reliable as fuck. Also for off road if you can afford it Derbi Senda DRD 125

It's /o douche

BMW M2

gonna get myself a cbr125, decent runner, reliable looks pretty tasty too

Get a ninja if your a sport bike kinda guy. Start off on a 600.

This is one of my dream bikes.

You need better dreams haha

a dream bike ? a 125???? how old are you, 10?

not a 125, and yes, im fucking 10 holy shit you got me mom

get 300 at least u don't want to kill yourself while overtaking

Get a cheap CG125, spend other money on licence so that you can get a proper bike.

get a kawasaki ninja m8

What bikes does everyone have?
Iv a gsx1400 uk

Get a CB125F or CBF125 because you'll be happy you saved the money when you eventually get a bigger A2 bike.

Just get a Hayabusa. You won't be satisfied until you do. Livestream results. Profit?

Aprilia RS125 im still in shock this can be drove on a cbt licence this thing is fucking dangerous

Not the guy you were talking to, but I recently started with a Bandit 400 (pic not mine, thankfully, that paintjob on the exhaust is terrible). Even with 400cc the biggest problem is the constant gear shifting.
It's just extremely more comfy to ride with 1200cc and stick to third gear all the time.

As the owner of a 125ccm Hyosung, I recommend you to get something more reliable.
It's a beauty, and actually quite fun to drive.... If it happens to work. Which is rare.

Nice, I've heard the acceleration is ridiculous on those.

Just got an XSR700 on Monday (restricted) and couldn't be happier with it!

when a bike can reach 155KMH(95MPH) and the person who can legally ride this only has to drive around some cones in a carpark and you ride a 50cc scooter on the road for a half an hour something's not right.

125cc is kinda sad to buy as a first bike imo. They're too weak and not at all fun to drive. I plan on getting the new 2017 kawasaki ninja 650

Not if you get the right bike. Power to weight ratio is huge in motorcycles, so even my dinky little 500 can accelerate faster than many sports cars. You're going to need less acceleration as you're learning anyway. Don't want to wind up dead.

I got a dual sport as my first bike and put tires that are better on the road. I would highly recommend a dual sport or super moto as a first bike. They aren't overly powerful or really fast, but still a ton of fun

Fuck off, you've probably never ridden a motorcycle.

That's my next buy. I made the mistake of purchasing my first two cruisers on style and leg position. Then I hopped on an adventure bike and have been looking for an excuse to trade up ever since.

>something's not right.
Indeed. The licence test is just wrong.
A 125cc licence in germany involves the full program for a big bike, but with a 125. Even Autobahn (not exactly fun but totally doable).

yamaha yzf r125 oh all the sweet memories

>They're too weak
Yes
>and not at all fun to drive
Only if you're doing it wrong.
Take it on some really small backroads, where you don't need to go fast and have little traffic. Enjoy cruising through the country-side (no need to go over 80 for this) and occasionally go full retard (being able to actually push out the full power without risking either your butt or your drivers licence is fun too, if you're doing it right)

Starting bike? This

You can't legally ride one on your cbt, technically.

A learner legal 125 shouldn't make more than 14 hp, yes you can restrict them but noone does.

Have a look at the KTM RC125, gotten it to 85 before but sits happily at 70/75