Why are these the only 3 countries that can successfully mass produce and export media entertainment around the entire...

Why are these the only 3 countries that can successfully mass produce and export media entertainment around the entire world?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_developed_in_Canada
youtube.com/watch?v=4xmx4VP94XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5z_QIMb6NGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Japanese one is only among odd guys right?I love it,though

Korea does pretty well, also. And France has ubisoft. I think the Canadians make things, too. And a few decades ago Hong Kong had a thriving movie industry.
I think it's a mixture of being developed enough to entice people to go into creative industries, and having a large enough market to support those industries.
A Norwegian movie will be seen by a few hundred thousand people at most, so how would we get enough money for a large production?
Which is why Norwegian directors and actors wind up going to the UK and the US.

when was the last time you saw a modern live action japanese movie

When was the last time you saw anime?

I consider myself a Japanophile, but Japanese culture is hardly in the mainstream here. It's still a niche interest.

You forgot us OP

>Big Brother
>Deal or no Deal
>The Voice
>Fear Factor
>EDM/house/trance/hardstyle/hardcore

not an argument

>Japanese one isn't majority
Rather I think it very peculiar for Japanese pop cultures especially moemoe culture to be main culture in the world

>no Canada
Top wew we produce a shit ton of TV shows and music

Korea, Canada, and France do alright at it, but the US, UK, and Japan are on a completely different level, and much of the entertainment that comes from France, SK, and Canada is still heavily influenced by those other three to the point that it hasn't really distinguished itself yet.

Japan is also arguably the heaviest hitter in the video game department which is certainly not niche anymore.

end-capitalism ie terrible worker rights = constant need for "fresh" entertaiment

yw

WTF i love the dutch now

I agree with this statement.
Even when you compensate for size versus export, France do really badly.

>Top wew we produce a shit ton of TV shows and music

I think you meant to say
>We produce a ton of shit TV shows and movies

Our movies and TV shows use to be fucking awful but we're getting better. Sometimes when I like something I'm surprised I find out it's a Canadian/something production.

>Why are these the only 3 countries that can successfully mass produce and export media entertainment around the entire world?

Americans helps Britain with money and support. France for example has no bigger market to act as a patreon.

Japan is unique.

America is the big gorilla.

As for other European countries, I think their languages are shit for expression. There's something about non English speakers which makes them dull-minded.

They just don't have "it" - can you imagine a German or Russian Top Gear? The banter would be really basic.

literally one of the reason why everyone learns english and why japanese dont fucking learn english

desu the only Canadian TV shows I know of are Red Green, Trailer Park Boys, and a bunch of terrible children's cartoons.

Dutch electronic music is shit though. At least you have Legowelt

2 days ago

anomaly

You're only mentioning japan because Sup Forums is full of weebs, I don't think they do mass produce and export around the world

The thing with Canada is like said. They still by and large copy American media and haven't really developed their own unique style of entertainment yet.

Anime largely borrowed its ideas from Disney cartoons in the beginning, but it eventually became definitively its own thing.

t.Only speaks english

Why?

The new Godzilla you pleb.

my yamo james me hablo spaneesh

most people aren't exposed to it as they are with western films unless it was specifically made for the west like japanese live action generally have a culture barrier that anime can suspend much easier

>Anime borrows ideas from Disney
>Now Hollywood is borrowing ideas from anime/manga

We've come full circle

>t.Only speaks english

European languages are basic

That's partly why Europeans use more hand gestures

I GO TO FACTORY

I SEE COW

Corner gas, Vikings, Kenny vs Spenny, Letterkenny there is more I just can't think of them 2bh

What does that even mean, unique style? TV shows have a wide variety of premises.

I don't know about the west, but here people watch films from around the world and I've never heard anyone complain about a culture barrier while watching a movie. Do you only watch western movies?

What about video games?

IDK. These guys have made some pretty popular stuff.

i don't but most people are not as exposed to foreign movies as foreigners are

Heu ho, on est là nous

>Omar Sy
>Marion Cotillard
>Daft Punk
>David Guetta
>Christine and the queen

The French Touch

What do you mean by 'exposed' exactly?

Most japanese games are made for japan, the biggest worldwide games are all made in the west

is our stuff popular because we share the same language with america or because its actually good?

japanese videogames have declined enornously the last years, the most notable exception is bloodborne and dark souls series

We made a lot of games too

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_developed_in_Canada

hear about, talk about or know about, or in some way compelled to think about

GOAT British media: Snatch, Sexy beast, Lock stock and two smoking barrels, Peaky Blinders, Monty python, Trainspotting, Clockwork orange, Lawrence of Arabia, 28 days later

I don't know what else off the top of my head

>Produce more traps please.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_developed_in_Canada

I need to filter out the UbiTrash

Yes,

Because it's from France

youtube.com/watch?v=4xmx4VP94XQ
My country have a shit media entertainment.
The only good movie was a Hardcore Henry. Why world is such a cruel place? Soviet union had a best of the best media entertainment.

Its popular because we share the same language with america yes, doesn't mean its not good

What?

Oh and the best one Plunkett and Macleane

Jackie Chan

Japan makes media which appeals to people.
The UK is the really only supported by earlier colonialism and the spread of the English langauge.
The USA is really a form of corporate colonialism. The really only legitimate successful production and consumption of media by foreigners is that of Japanese media, as they are the only nation of the three who hasn't aggressively and antagonistically spread their culture around the world for the past few hundred years. They don't even make their media in English and it is still sought after by millions all of the world.

>He still thinks anime is a niche nerdy hobby

It's about as "niche" and "nerdy" as video games and comic book superheroes at this point.

Aside from that, Japan also dominates the video game industry. Honestly, you could make the argument Japan totally edges out the U.K. in global entertainment influence among the age 35 and below crowd. Pokémon is a far more iconic franchise than James Bond for the younger generations.

>Omar Sy
>Marion Cotillard
>Daft Punk
>David Guetta
>Christine and the queen

youtube.com/watch?v=5z_QIMb6NGc
Wtf Japan?

>It's about as "niche" and "nerdy" as video games and comic book superheroes at this point.

Normal people play videogames and have picked up a comic book before. Normal people don't watch anime.

>Union des Bretons Indépendants Software

Totally Canadian Tho

how can he be japanese when he speaks english perfectly

Ubisoft is a french company, those games I posted were from Ubisoft Montreal and developed by Canadians. Although we shouldn't be happy about that because they suck.

>Honestly, you could make the argument Japan totally edges out the U.K. in global entertainment influence among the age 35 and below crowd.

ask any normie to name 5 famous japanese personalities and 5 british ones.

>MFW they say PSY and nothing else

If it wasn't for tax benefit, those games would have been made in France

You are delusional. Why do you think we're about to get a GitS movie and a Netflix Death Note series? Anime isn't niche among millennials and they're starting to become the prime demographic for companies to market to.

But they weren't and It was Ubisoft montreal who pitched the Assassins creed games and it was Canadians and people from singapore who made them

Nah. If you tell people you're going home to play call of duty it's normie as fuck. You tell people you're going home to watch anime and they will laugh in your face and call you creepy.

>Japan is also arguably the heaviest hitter in the video game department

From 1986-2005, yes. Not really anymore.

>France, SK, and Canada
I didn't know Saskatchewan was so big in entertainment.

You missed when the counter culture and primary culture completely switched places.

Hipsters who wear glasses, watch DBZ, and play Pokemon are the normies now.

I don't think so man. A lot of people did pick up that Pokemon Go bullshit though.

Normies like mainstream popular anime (dragon ball) and samurai shit

Considering Mario is the most recognized vidya game character and the essential Icon for vidya. I'd say people like jap entertainment

Funland
>memes

I think you should get out more. Moe anime is still pretty niche (Although even that is slowly creeping in to "normal" territory), but the popular stuff is certainly not.

You vastly underestimate the normality and influence of Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums in general. It has culturally invaded Plebbit, more so than the other way around. Plebbit used to love Fallout 4, but they completely turned on it because Sup Forums bashed it relentlessly.

Where are the Spanish and Portuguese media giants? With such a large potential audience, one might think theyd be more culturally productive. China is obviously up and coming with their media machine.

Popular anime is still very niche, in fact I doubt most normies would recognise the term anime.
They'd recognise pokemon and maybe dragonball Z but they think of those as childhood cartoons

Hi.

I went to a primarily black secondary school and was surprised by the amount of them that watched anime, I always thought it was some nerdy bullshit but if black people (not the kind with glasses) are getting in on nerd culture than I dont think its nerdy somehow

>I think you should get out more

Dude, anime is not vastly popular with a lot of even in fact people who watch it are looked down upon

She has the face of a 40 year old

You are dumb.

Surely America is the top of world culture

Japan is the top of subculture

But Britain is a downgrade usa

t. You

Pound for pound literally no one beats Canada in terms of media out put in English and French, although our English media flies under the radar and everyone assumes is american

It helps that English is the global relevant language for a lot of things, as then Britain rides on the coattails of America. That's not to say our media is inferior, we're equal and often better than America in certain aspects - we're the second biggest television media exporter after the US, and 5 out of the top 10 albums sold worldwide were from British artists.

the other day I was walking out of a local shop, and I noticed they had a bunch of zatoichi dvds on the free shelf in the foyer

Score!

oh yes, canadian masterpieces like star hunter are simply beyond compare

>the language of no subjunctive

Go fap to Moonlight or capeshit. That's Hollywood for you now.

He's right though.

You made deal or no deal? Shit i use to go round my nans every wednesday for dinner & we would watch that for years, i'll never forget that one wednesday i couldn't go was when someone finally won the £250,000

Japs made many cartoons watched by kids, americans put great budget into things and uk is just better usa.
I would add korea and france to list, many movies from both that I liked.

>As for other European countries, I think their languages are shit for expression. There's something about non English speakers which makes them dull-minded.

English actually makes Top Gear worse. As an American, I sometimes can't stand to hear the British accent.

Well our music has always been better to be honest. Both are equally shit now though because the market is flooded with "UH GURL GET DOWN ON MUH DICK, MUH DICK, MUH DICK, TWERK ON MUH DICK"

British TV is kinda on par with American TV but they're able to produce a lot more due to funding, networks like HBO are producing some fucking quality stuff. British documentaries will always be number one though.

American movies have always been better but again, money. We have good directors

How do I get my semen inside this demon?

You don't.

it defo plays a role

Very working class post

thats just like your opinion bruv

Who dominates media those rule the world.

Ummmm no