Pls explain

pls explain

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qfQE0SOGG-g
youtube.com/watch?v=mrQpcDnVgdQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One half of the movie is fantasy, the other is reality. It's about the illusions surrounding and the unfair nature of the film industry.

DUDE DREAMS LMAO

seriously tho its a masterpiece

yo is this movie scary?

i wanna watch this but i heard it's like a horror film

i kno about the scene with the scary hobo/diner scene and that it's scary as fuck but are there any other scary moments?

i wanna watch it but i have a legit heart problem and can't stand horror films and being scared

i watched blue velvet recently and that movie was fine, not scary

I'm like half convinced that Lynch purposefully made nonsense just to troll us all

It isn't.

my boner doesn't need explanation

The hobo is the only creepy / scary part. That scene stuck with me.

pretty sure, like le turkey neck man, that he just meditates/dreams it up and wings it

he connects enough themes for it to make some sense

We opened pandora's box.

tits

first two hours of the film are a dream used to explore Diane Selwyn's subconscious. every character in that section represents either her perception or ideal version of them. i.e., Camilla Rhodes is split into two people: Rita, who needs Diane ("Betty") and loves her unconditionally, and the blonde "Camilla", whose career is only successful because of a rigged system; Adam (the film director) is a hopeless loser whose life is ruined by his wife's infidelity; the hitman she hired to kill Camilla is incompetent and terrible

the last twenty five minutes serve as a "key" of sorts to explain the real situation that lead to the dream in the first part.

you guys are idiots

it's not a horror film

I was too busy fapping to understand what happened

Lesbians are betas.

Pretentious overrated wank. Lynch is a hack

IT WAS ALL A DREAM

he admitted to doing this already

If you use the word pretentious with out a supporting argument you are in fact being pretentious.

rewatch the lesbian sex scene

it's reeeaally simple, it's all just a dream, whenever you see naomi watts looking like a junkie that's real life, she basically puts a hot on the brunette and then feels guilty about it, hence the dream.

>person falls asleep on red sheets at the beginning in first person view
>main character wakes up on red sheets near end of movie

It's not that hard.

For the people who think there is a direct narrative explanation to this movie then you've missed the point.

shit was garbage
it's a mess

are you then being pretentious? am i now pretentious?

when??

THERE IS NO BAND
AND YET

on reddit

I think I understand this movie well enough but what was the deal with that old couple that laughed diabolically and then they were tiny

also the whole scene with the incompetent hitman

maybe I don't understand it well enough

sure buddy

Basically this.

can you guys recommend me more lesbian kino?

BITWC

A girl goes to Hollywood to be an actress. She believes she is good. She isn't. She gets romantically involved with some actors and actresses. She believes they did her wrong. She has the actress that she believed did her wrong murdered and she loses her mind afterwards and kills herself.

The pussy is blurred.

The old couple represented "the goodness" that Betty thought her life in Hollywood was going to be. She thought life was going to be like the warmth and kindness of your grandparents. It wasn't. It was a cold-blooded backstabbing world. That's why when she lost her mind, the old couple was mocking her. They were small because goodness in Hollywood is small, there is no room for goodness in Hollywood.

The hitman? When Betty hired him to kill "Rita", she had second thoughts. She changed her mind but it was too late. The key was already on the coffee table meaning that the murder had already occurred. So in Betty's mind, she was hoping that Rita didn't die after all, Betty concocted an idea in her mind that the hitman was a total fuck up that couldn't get the job done right. You see, when she was having these thoughts of an incompetent hitman, this is where the story (movie) starts. She makes believe that Rita survived the assassination attempt and got away and stumbled into the apartment.

is it?

First half of movie takes place after second half chronologically. Once you know that it helps to understand it.

She makes the wish, then commits suicide. Then is reborn inside the world of the wish.

It was just the watered down, Oscar bait version of Lynch's masterpiece, Lost Highway.

legit good movie but it takes about half a dozen views before you even remotely start to understand it

sm1 explain Inland Empire

Also wat Lynch film next

Ive seen FwwM, MD, and IE

lost highway

The fuck are you talking about? She imagines the entire thing. It's her fantasy while she's slapping her pussy. She finally feels so guilty she kills herself. The end. She's never reborn and there isn't some magic genie granting wishes.

I thought the last 5 / 10 minutes were pretty disturbing, it's really good

the people who are claiming that it isn't scary sound as though they are not perceptive film viewers in the list. there aren't that many scenes that are jump scares in the way that the hobo scene is but the entire movie is smothered by a palpable feeling of overwhelming dread. It is a deeply discomfiting movie that is hugely psychologically unpleasant.

It's not a "scary" movie but it is a disturbing one. The ending is horrifying in a non-jumpscare way.

Hard to imagine something when you are dead.

this movie triggered me.
>tfw unrequited love

youtube.com/watch?v=qfQE0SOGG-g

youtube.com/watch?v=mrQpcDnVgdQ

Mulholland Drive is a good pilot with a cobbled together version of Lost Highway's ending added since it didn't get picked up. If it had been, I guarantee the series wouldn't have ended that way. Makes me wonder, had Twin Peaks not gone to series, if the international pilot would have been a highly regarded movie with it's hastily thrown together ending.

So you admit you're bad at watching movies. She was literally masterbating and fantasizing about how her life and relationship could have been. Shooting herself is the last goddamn thing in the movie you fucking retard.