Reminder if you not only liked this but thought it was good...

Reminder if you not only liked this but thought it was good, you are no better than TFA fans and are in fact holding film back, ironically.

>you are no better than TFA fans
Good thing I'm both a Fury Road fan and a TFA fan, then.

>directed by original director

id say the analogy is more this is the episode 1 of the mad max series

10/10

favorite gerhard butler movie.

I'd rather watch rian johnson dangle his balls for 2 hours with daisy ridley making faces then legitamately want to watch tfa again

I liked both of those movies.

there is no comparison for the mad max series op

i seriously do not get any arguments against this film's integrity besides "i didn't like it."

all of the mad max films became more stylized and atmospheric as they went along. mad max 2014 is not only keeping in faith with this, but it's the utter pinnacle of style in contemporary large budget film productions. you cannot find anything more unique than mad max and haven't been able to since it came out due to the superhero wasteland that is currently occurring.

if this is a bad reboot of a series, then i am dying to know what is a good one.

>unironically hating one of the best action blockbusters ever made
explain this without using the terms "SJW" or "video game"

This has nothing to do with reboots. Op is saying you have shit taste in film like tfa fans. Lmao just because mostly everything has been terrible doesmt mean absolute mediocrity is great

If anything Fury Road shows that a reboot/remake doesn't have to be a souless cashgrab. Plus based Miller schooling all modern filmmakers, showing them how action is done.

It's a great action movie directed by the guy who directed every Mad Max before it.
Fuck off.

Holy fuck the autism is real. That orange and teal should be illegal.

>best action blockbusters ever made
>having an impact on film medium
Try again

You can throw a camera off a plane and the results will be gorgeous, you literally can't mess this up.

Are you 12?
That's looks cool to you?

what if I liked it, but thought it was horrible?

Can any of you form the merest hint of an argument?

This movie got near perfect reviews and won the most oscars out of any movie last year.

Do you really expect Sup Forums to say good things about it?

the film is orange and teal because it takes place in a fucking desert

what do you want, purple and green?

also, quality != impact, moron.

not an argument

not an argument

Pleb flick for the videogame crowd

I'm not trying to be contraion when I say I didnt like it, really. I just don't understand at all why people went ballisitic about it and all my mates think it was "fucking amazing" "favourite film" etc

I didn't like the camerwork, which just felt a bit jarring, it didnt really have the atmosphere that made road warrior so great, the plight bored me, I didnt dislike furiosa but I can take or leave those wailing bitches in the back who seemed to just be there for a pretty face and the action sequences were good but nothing incredible or beyond expectation of a film for its budget, its like transformers-tier to me. Can someone explain to me why people like it so much, because it is widely highly rated

It looks tacky. It is tacky. Looks like magazine music video tier. You think that shot with the guy with two guns is good? Wow huh, two guns, it really makes you think

yes and yes

I'm 100% surprised Sup Forums doesn't just fall over for Beyond Thunderdome.

>oscars
Proving them right. Oscars mean jack

Is that an argument? Jesus Christ, do you think you made an argument just now?

SeeIt not just orange and teal its the bright coloring that is borderlandsesque garbage. It looks like a tryhard piece of shit

Furiosa and Rey are basically the same character

What's good about any of those shots save the middle bottom. What's good about blue as can be bluer than on the silver globe shot with the guy with two guns?

Mad Max is almost like a Taxi Rider kind of violent psychodrama.

Road Warrior is amazing, but it's Aliens to Alien.

Fury Road is like RW on steroids.

If you want something that'll 'make you think' why are you watching Mad Max to begin with?

The short of it is that compared to most modern action movies that rely on a lot of cgi, shakycam, and cheap editing tricks to sell the action Fury Road was so impressive because they built all real cars, had real stunts, and the camera want constantly shaking to try and mask poorly coordinated fights. Most people don't watch transformers with a critical eye but if you were to watch Fury Road and Age of Extinction back to back the difference in shooting style and clarity would be night and day.

I meant the film. The film in general, why is it bad?

Because you guys praised it and I wouldn't have an opinion if I didn't would I?

You proving me right. Theres little going on especially little meaningful cinematography happening. The plot doesn't have to matter. But making something I care about should

>i'm too retarded to pick up on implications
>therefore not an argument
I don't have to explicitly make my argument in order to make an argument, o children.

....what? I asked you to explain why you think the film is bad, are you telling me you can't?

See what this user said
I second it. Lack of meaningful characters and direction

>I don't have to make an argument to make an argument

In 1 year, I have not seen one piece of valid criticism directed at Furiosa's Road Trip. You need to be explicit and concise lad, something like 50-100 words would do, but we both know you won't because you can't and you'll just turn to maymays and ad hominems. Because that's all your little brain can handle.

That's exactly the tyle of thing OP is insinuating would be the problem.

Do you guys have any meaningful arguments? Like at all?

The movie was frame for frame what the originator of Mad MAx dreamed of for years.

So as a patrician to a pleb, i say FUCK YOU.

Also 2015 had no other good movies.

I have transcended argumentation in favor of identity politics and other memetics.

Generic looking; acted, directed yet produced well doesn't make a good film.

The SJW was a joke from the start. The Video Game was not as good, but still better then MGSV that came out the same day.

what if I liked TFA but was absolutely embarrassed by fury road?

Wew. You need to watch films then

Generic looking... wow, just hit normie tier insults.

You're ok

I do. A lot.

Fury Road was the best of 2015. I can understand the hate for it. That happens when a movie isn't like other movies. New formats of film ALWAYS get flack like Citizen Kane and 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I already asked you to explain why any of those shots or shots in the film were particularly enthralling. Its unapologetic BRIGHT orange and blue

>Also 2015 had no other good movies.
Post your top 10 for 2015
I want to laugh

Ex Machina came out in 2015 you pleb.

You really shoulnt be comparing it to films like that. I like different things. Its not original. It was to me pretty cringe too.

It was good.

it was great.

It was everything that made Mad Max 2 (THE mad max) great.

Fine story, non-stop action, epic lore. Just an all-round, great flick

People who don't like Fury Road is the perfect pleb filter.
They lack a deeper understanding of the film medium.

To add 2001 was appreciated pretty well at its release by anyone who had a certain mental capacity

Typical pleb statement.

Typical pleb statement.

Bump pleb

What? Nobody unironically liked Fury Road.

It's widely considered horseshit.

What if I not only liked it, but loved it, saw it in theaters twice, bought the blue ray, and have watched it over a dozen times? I get off on the fact that people don't enjoy this masterpiece

If I ask for people to explain to me why Fury Road is a "great action movie" will I just get called a pleb and told to fuck off? Because I'd really like to know, I haven't really heard anybody expand on why it was so great.

I liked most of it while I was watching it but I found it kind of boring overall. Not a lot really happened and I never felt like there was any drama except for when Max and Charlize Theron were unsure of each other and they kind of dropped that angle pretty quick.

This

>centered camera work so no eye jumping
>real vehicles
>real stunts
>real explosions
>if I even have to mention the music you can just go ahead and stop reading
>pretty colors
>simple straightforward plot
>minimal dialogue/breaks in action
>world building meme
>dem engines (if you didn't see this in theaters I feel bad for you)
>joe and war boys as a whole

All really simple and boring like he said

I don't see a meme arrow with a comment about characters.

>Rey faces wounded Kylo who has been training in the force and lightsaber duelling for years
>Rey wins

>Furiosa faces dehydrated, exhausted and blood-drained Max who has a heavy chain being pulled by 5 other women weighing him down
>Furiosa loses

Ren was wounded twice, and Rey didn't even win, the fight was a stalemate

Max is a violence machine m8, how can Furiosa even compete?

This. It's not an earth-shattering work of cinema. But it was a well made action movie, that didn't overuse CGI, and had a really good performance from Charlize Theron. George Miller knows how to make a fun, technically sound, movie, which is something that's lacking in today's blockbuster action genre

>Rey faces a wounded, tired, under-trained man-child, spends most of the fight running away and parrying, and the fight ends without a conclusion
Fixed

If fury road is boring to you I would pay good money to see whatever ADD acceptable montage of explosions your mother compiles for you

I don't need explosions to be entertained that's the thing

Being good compared to shit doesn't make it good

Not boring in a sense that not enough things were happening onscreen, I actually found Fury Road kind of overstimulating but I can forgive that because I have a lot of problems.

My issue was moreso that minute-for-minute a lot of the movie all Max and Furiosa wanted to do was drive their car faster than the freakazoids could drive theirs. Felt kinda like I could go to the bathroom whenever I wanted and be confident that when I got back I wouldn't have missed anything.

Who said I hated it?

>a reboot/remake doesn't have to be a souless cashgrab

It's neither of those things. It's just a sequel. And it's a series that doesn't sweat continuity between installments.

You're allowed to like all of them user

>Fury road wasn't even the best mad max film of 2015

kek