What is the language of the elite in your country?

Here in Northern Ireland, English is seen as too common, Irish as too rural. Hence for the elite, focused around a small area of Belfast around Queen's University, the Freemason Lodge and the Government buildings, national museums and libraries the main language you will hear spoken is French

Other urls found in this thread:

swellanddandy.blogspot.ie/2010/01/french-language-of-elite.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pwUugsv6tEE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Excuse me but I find your statements regarding both French and Irish to be hard to believe.

Further information:

swellanddandy.blogspot.ie/2010/01/french-language-of-elite.html

youtube.com/watch?v=pwUugsv6tEE

Pic related: Command centre of the French speaking elite

>Here in West Brabant, Dutch is seen as too common, English as too rural. Hence for the elite, focused around a small area of Breda around Prinsenbeek, Teteringen en Tilburgthe main language you will hear spoken is Brabants

Fucking adorable.

(I'm serious)

Charles De Gaulle once remarked to Éamon de Valera "It's like I'm still in France! Vive le France! Vive l'Irland! Vive l'Irland Nord libre!" Upon arriving at the Alliance Francaise in Belfast, as he spoke at the annual conference of Irish Freemasons (conférence des francs-maçons irlandais).

He later described Northern Ireland as "One of the proudest francophone nations in the world".

French is probably considered the "Elite" language here, in that it's still likely the most popular language to learn at private schools. French culture is still highly admired amongst the upper classes here, as in Britain as the most sophisticated culture on earth.

Due to our isolation though, English is the only language most wealthy people will speak unless they're immigrants themselves.

>Irish is too rural for bloody Belfast - the second biggest city of Ireland
That's sad.

Here in London, Urdu is seen as too common, English as too rural. Hence for the elite, focused around a small area of Canary Wharf and around the docks, City Hall and the Government buildings, national museums and libraries the main language you will hear spoken is Arabic.

Slingblade

>latin

I hate to admit it but Swedish

Bolmph.

>What is the language of the elite in your country?

Here in Southern California, English is seen as too common, Ebonics as too rural. Hence for the elite, focused around a small area of Boyle Heights around Cal State L.A., the Freemason Lodge and the Government buildings, national museums and libraries the main language you will hear spoken is Chicano.

>Irish is too rural for Irish people
Cromwell was a mistake

Kek I wish it was.
Brabants is only spoken by bro tier old guys.

Wtf?

German, Yiddish and Russian

I feel like is an old copypasta that I am vaguely remembering

that so cute

Spanish

Mandarin

we have to be classy as fuck now
you don't want to break their dreams

THEY'RE SO CUTE but a little bit cringey

I'd say English only because it's not rare to listen to the famous people on TV talking about trips to Miami and whatever. Academically speaking, I'm not sure. Maybe English as well but, overall, we as a whole like to use Spanish for everything (although using a few English words in between for names or new gadgets and shit).

You're being rused.

Probably French too, but the great exodus to France in the 60s means that a lot of people from the lower strata of society now speak French, so just speaking French is not a guarantee of being from the elite

on the other hand, if you belong to the elite you must know french

I would think English would probably be the answer for all of Latin America.

how many years have you done that meme trinityfag? I admire your dedication

Hebrew

why french ?

Here in BC, English is seen as too common, French as too greasy. Hence for the elite, focused around a small area of Vancouver around UBC, the central business district, Yaletown, and Coal Harbour, the main language you will hear spoken is Chinook

Montenegrin

french, its seen as a fancy rich person langauge

American are so stupid lol

English.

Do not speak anything other than Japanese at any class.

Well yes, we ARE stupid, but not for that necessarily. The French have a long-standing association with art and literature and science and shit. It makes sense to me.

I genuinely missed these threads...

Christ, schools do an atrocious job of languages.

Sub-Irish lol

Our elite speaks Russian. Not even meming.

lel what a fag

In order to be more globally connected the more wealthier people tend to use Esperanto, which is routinely instructed at the more exclusive grammar schools. In contrast our public schools tend to have a focus on Indonesian or Mandarin.

french used to be the language of the court all over europe, nothing new

>esperanto
bye

English

Kio estas via problemo kun tiu?

French or atleast it was. English for the normal person. Spanish for the you know who's.

Here in Quebec, French is seen as too common, English as too easy. Hence for the elite, focused around a small area of Montreal around l'Université de Montréal, the Frères Chasseurs Lodge and the Government buildings, national museums and libraries the main language you will hear spoken is Finnish.