Best 90s rap

best 90s rap

underground vol 1 > mystic stylez

36 chambers > everything in the 90's and even 80's

Mystic Styles > 36 chambers desu

ABOVE THE LAW

I swear everyone on this board likes the most stereotypical shit your average white hipster lists off when he has to discuss his taste in hip hop.

Possibly the best thing to have come out of the west coast.

god tier

2001 is a better album

There was so much great Memphis Rap back in the 90's

>waahh your taste sux but I wouldn't dare share mine

I don't think anyone's taste sucks as it's just sad nobody really goes further than the wading pool as far as 90s hip hop is concerned. Everything is just what looks like the top 100 albums from an RYM chart, if you even make it to 100.

If anything I wish people would explore a bit further than they do and find there's a ton of great material they ignored for years for god knows what reason.

so are you going to share albums that you think are better that are being ignored or are you just going to bitch the whole time

Capital Punishment, Ridin Dirty, Super Tight.., The Diary,Hell on Earth, Me Against the World, The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory, 2001 (technically came out in '99), On Top of the World, 187 He Wrote, Amerikkka's Nightmare, It was Written, Slim Shady LP, E. 99 Eternal, The 18th Letter, The War Report, Volume 1 (Thug Life), Comin Out Hard, In a Major Way, The Element of Surprise, Various Mac Dre releases, I Hate You With A Passion (Dre Dog aka Andre Nickatina), Ghetto D, Reasonable Doubt, Guerilla Warfare, Tha Hall of Game, The Hemp Museum.

There's some you may have heard or not. Most artist names are left out, but if you look for the album title listed, you should find it.

Well that's not very fair.

I've been trying to discover new hip hop for a long time. I'm even doing a listen-through on a crowd-sourced chart where (for most of them) it's my first time listening.

I forgot Vol. 2 Hard Knock Life as well.

Not him but RD is my second favorite album of all time. I fucking love that one.

(Only reason I didn't mark it on the chart is I'm starting from scratch and I wanna re listen to everything)

>tupac
>ice cube
>dre
>jay z
>nas
>eminem
>rakim
>e-40
>mobb deep
>UGK
>scarface
>bone thugs

Thought you were gonna list artists that weren't well known?

Was more along the lines of shit that isn't Wu-Tang or memphis shit. I don't care to really meet whatever bar you seem to have set, but merely wanted to break up the circle jerk that is people posting the same 5-10 albums over and over. Clearly I touched a nerve with you, as you instantly has to respond with something detracting from the albums I listed.

So please, arbiter of knowledge of hip hop, enlighten me on this genre I clearly know nothing about.

Anything Tommy Wright III

good enough to put Mos Def in my top 5 despite all his lackluster shit since this

I haven't set a bar or even care about one. The point was you came in here deriding everyone else without contributing, and then posted the same thing that you complained against everyone else about.

I'm not an arbiter of hip-hop, just don't be a dick and not expect to be called out.

kek

You set the bar yourself broheim.

Whatever happened to his project he was supposed to release last year

How is it that my version of this does not have MOTHERFUCKING BONE THUG DISS?!?!?!