Pointless noodling for 40 minutes

>Pointless noodling for 40 minutes
>Praised as a jazz masterpiece
It's........it's just not fair......

>this sucks, I can't listen to this in a hotel elevator

The thing is that if you're black you can get away with wanking aimlessly on your instrument and SJWs will eat it up.

ex.

Dream Theater, Rush, Yngwie Malmsteen: Wank

Albert Ayler, Cecil Taylor = Amazing display of POC genius

>comparing free jazz to prog rock
>implying rush and dream theater arent praised outside of Sup Forums

You two are so retarded, there are no words. Stay with your safe Wynton Marsalis bullshit.

spotted the Nu-Male cucks.

>Ayler, Late Era Coltrane I could go on!

Free Jazz is a far worse offender when it comes to wanking compared to Prog Rock. At least Prog Musicians work within the frame of composition.

Free Jazz is literally too complex for you.

LMFAO

Don't listen to the pointless noodling you can hear. Listen to the pointless noodling that you can't hear.

I don't understand desu,

jazz is the only genre where you get paid less per gig the better you are as a player....

Every note a free jazz musician plays, they could have played a different proper one, so pretend you are hearing that instead.

Yea honestly free jazz is just too far ahead for you guys, sorry.
If you stick with jazz for many years and get to the point where a ii-V-I progression makes you want to throw up youve heard it so many times then maybe youll start to understand where these players were coming from.

Free jazz usually works within the frame of composition. You're thinking of free improvisation.

Let me add to this a bit because i know there will be the classic
>muh random notes how is that even complex

There is extremely complex interplay in good free jazz (like op) which has its roots in traditional jazz. See originally instead of all horns playing the melody, the trumpet played the melody, trombone played a lower countermelody/supporting harmonic line, and the clarinet played a higher countermelody which was flashy and served to bring out the upper colors of each chord. This happens in free jazz only is isnt limited to a fixed progression. So if your ear is good enough to decipher it (clearly yours isnt yet but youll get there if you want to) you will be able to hear the conversation the instruments are having play out in real time. A lot of the time a free jazz song will have a pedal note or a series of pedal notes that anchor it to some sort of base even if its very vauge.

I'll agree with this, but only really think that applies to early free jazz thats based on head arrangements like ornette coleman

>i don't understand free jazz so everyone should think it's awful

kek

Shut up and learn music thoery.

non sequitur

I am two of the anons you quoted there and I actually like free jazz I was just making a joke

well i sincerely hope you've learned your lesson about joking.

Start with this. It's a masterpiece and it should be listenable and bearable for most jazz fans.