I just watched this and it wasn't even that good. What the fuck is going on...

I just watched this and it wasn't even that good. What the fuck is going on, did people just like the special effects back then?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BPoILjs6BYI
youtube.com/watch?v=L-6VLuz75yw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, the movie was just about special effects, there is literally nothing more then that. At least going by the NEW Ghostbusters, you'd think that's what the movie was about.

Don't try to look any deeper into the film, you wouldn't even know what you're looking at.

Really though, it felt like entire chunks of the movie were just missing.
Aside from Bill Murray's performance and special effects the whole thing was weird and a bad kind of absurd. Like it was a parody of... something.

You're right I don't really know what I'm looking at.

It's true, but if it was campy it was in the best way. I mean it was a solid performance and well written mostly.

>there are people on Sup Forums right now who never watched ghostbusters until right now
t.- embryo or Sony shill
Either way get the fuck out

/reddit/

>People who haven't seen ghost busters until recently
>and didn't like it
Truly these are the end times.

I really don't get this meme sometimes.

Because they don't tell you to go back to /reddit/
when you're on /reddit/
mr. redditor.

It's true. This man has no dick

>liking ghost busters
Found the embryo

I GET IT, SINCE I AM NOT CUNNY POSTING OR SHILL POSTING FOR Sup Forums

These sort of discussions on Sup Forums talking about Films & Television is the cancer that's killing Sup Forums

RIGHT?!@

sick burn

Found the candyass Nancy.

It feels like unless you're posting the same post over and over again, you're not from Sup Forums.

>pic related it actually made me cry

I loved it as a kid, but I rewatched it a couple weeks ago and I thought it was shit.

The special effects have held up surprisingly well and are by far the best part of the movie. but the story is a convoluted mess and the characters are generic as fuck at best, and in the case of Venkman downright unlikable. also zero chemistry between Murray and Sigourney Weaver

Go back to imdb before you get stomped back, embryo

>hey buddy can you teach me how to do a kickflip?

Yeah that's pretty much what I thought as well. It got a couple laughs outta me, but that's the most it did.

youtube.com/watch?v=BPoILjs6BYI

Yeah it was the point that Venkman is unlikeable. He was suppose to be Jim Belushi

I love that people complain that plots are too complex. Like it's a movie, and it's a simple movie. The plot is about as complex as Goosebump novel.

you're right, overall the movie follows a simple plot, I was referring more to the super natural mythos and the Zuul, gatekeeper, keymaster garbage as being convoluted

It matters now that women got their hands on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=L-6VLuz75yw

The movie is a train wreck.

Some of the best male bonding ever on film, Sigourney is brilliant, great music, great horror atmosphere.

1984's Ghostbusters is a 10/10 and you cannot argue against this.

>"Guys our shill threads arent working"
>"I know! Lets start threads that shit on the original"

Females under 18 pls leave.

When was the last time you've seen the original and what's your opinion of it?

What are your top 10 films of all time?

>1984's Ghostbusters is a 10/10 and you cannot argue against this.
Christ this movie makes Sup Forums say retarded things. Have some shame, man.

oh shit are we moving into contrarian mode on the original ghostbusters now?

old ghostbusters sucks! new one rulez!

Ghostbusters has always been shit. It's a dumb movie for kids.

>Really though, it felt like entire chunks of the movie were just missing.
I like the movie, but I'd agree. It feels like there was a lot more lore and stuff that was planned that was scrapped to make it more of a comedy film. Dan Akroyd in particular seems to like the lore aspects. The sequel, while a worse movie overall, flows more organically in part because the storyline being weaved into the narrative better.

How is the new one going to be good if the old ones were trash, imdb drone?

You can't be contrarian against the original Ghostbusters because there aren't ever threads on Sup Forums praising it. Sup Forums doesn't give a flying fuck about original Ghostbusters, and rightfully so because it's never been very good.

im being facetious you dip, l2 context

>t. reddit

The same can be said for Star Wars

Be careful associating correct opinions with Reddit, makes you sound like a Reddit false flag.

>dude 80s flicks lmao
>dude bill 'meme actor' murray lmao

Hello, reddit movie forum enthusiast

I own a dvd of it and from my memory I rewatched it sometime in the past year (I honestly cant remember when) but I do remember the movie itself quite clearly. The best word I can come up with to describe it is charming. Of course I wish there was more moments devoted to catching ghosts instead of the aftermath montage, and I wish Winston was given more to do, its honestly a classic. The sequel didnt really need to be made though, and frankly Im not surprised Sup Forums has turned on the original thanks to the contrarian habits

these threads,keep trying Sony but spamming here as many times as you want it won't change that the 1984 Ghostbusters film is a perfect genre comedy and many people's favorite movie of all time.

>charming
>classic
The word you're looking for is "nostalgic", and is not a measure of the actual quality of the movie.

Is it a film or is it a movie you low IQ Sup Forums redditor?

Of course nostalgia is a factor, but again its a solid film with likable characters.

Yeah I guess it seems convoluted by todays standards. That's just how movies went back then. Now it's as simple as Conjuring and Blair Witch. It's either there's an evil presence and they take all movie to find it, or they just do a bunch of other unrelated shit till they get killed by it.

This is why THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS is actually cannon. Because frankl it works better as a TV show, there's a lot to explore in it. They wanted it to be like 20 major ghosts fights...

It would have been better if they could have made it like Supernatural.

the words are synonymous despite what the ego mass of Sup Forums tells you, memelord

Extremely vague and lukewarm praise, very telling.

>the words are synonymous
According to videogame playing teens of Sup Forums

Directors, scholars, artists and actors say otherwise

aka: too young of a demographic. They were all born after it came out.

And wouldn't enjoy it if they saw it. The movie isn't bad by any means but nor does it really hold up without nostalgia.

Nigga I was born in 96 and Ghostbusters was my favorite movie for the longest time
Pardon my embryo

>4 fleshed out characters that work well together
>Takes something outrageous and makes it mundane while still be self aware on how silly it is
>Several memorable lines that are still repeated to this day
>Decent effects for its time and far more creative than the reboots

Well that's just rhetoric, you get that at the bourgeois level.

>Directors, scholars, artists and actors say otherwise

and which one of those are who are inside shitposting on Sup Forums on a summer Saturday night? At least I have the excuse that I'm killing time at work.

right over a decade later. but i am talking about the guys that are older dig it for a reason, and the kids go "well what so good about movie x" which could be literally any fucking movie.

They'll shit on Lawrence of Arabia.

I liked it
/thread

/thread

Probably Coppola

You aren't allowed to have a valid opinion on anything until you turn 30.

I bet Reddit loves original Ghostbusters. #ThoseWereTheDays #BillMurrayforPresident

Hello Sup Forumseddit movie buff!!

only redditors get trigged by being called reddit ;^)

>I bet Reddit loves kittens and rainbows but not me because I'm the anti anything Reddit likes because I'm 3edgy5u

I'm not ""triggered"" I just want the other outsiders lurking to know that liking ghostbusters(any of them) is pure Sup Forumseddit sensibilities

No, liking ghostbusters is pretty much universal, outside of edgy contrarians fresh off the boat from you know where who try to fit in by shitting on popular things

I bet they do too. 1984 GB is extremely Reddit-friendly.

What bonding? Characters not played by Bill Murray have very little screen time or importance. Did we watch the same movie?

>liking ghostbusters is pretty much universal
>edgy
>contrarians
There you have it lurkers. The cinematically illiterate imdb teens have shown you their reddit sensibility

>Sup Forums doesn't give a flying fuck about original Ghostbusters, and rightfully so because it's never been very good.

Nah. If it "wasn't very good", then there would be threads about it for DAYS. Sup Forums LOVES being contentious and contrarian about stuff.

It's more like how Sup Forums feels about Cowboy Bebop. It's good, everyone's seen it, not much to say beyond that.

>lel grrrrrrrllll power
>Every man in the film is a complete moron
>Male secretary is the only legitimately funny person in the entire film, despite being cast as a moron
>Literally defeat the Patriarchy Ghost by shooting it in the dick
>muh empowered wymyns but we need an angry black woman stereotype to really make it complete

This film was like a feminist fever dream.

(you) aren't fooling anyone ya know :^)

What the fuck is even happening right now? I feel lost.

Next time you try and step to your cinema superior make sure you're not some reddit movie buff, kid

The new Ghostbusters is a steaming pile of shit so now Sony is in full damage control.

Nothing new.

Sony is spending money for people to shit on the original Ghosbusters because that will surely bring people in to see the new one.

Wait, that sounds retarded.

Ssshhhh shut up, we only do that if the RT score of the new movie is below 50%

classic Sup Forums patrician posting confusing Sup Forums and redditors

What the fuck does that even mean

>shilling

My cinema skill set is higher than yours. Next time you try and "come at" someone with a higher cinema skill set make sure you're not someone with a low movie skill set

wow you're a pretentious faggot

Wew lad, you need some vitamin D

HIS CINEMA SKILL IS OVER 9000!!!!