Hey Sup Forums

hey Sup Forums

i got an issue. so im 18, and my girl friend is 17. i'm the year above her and i'm going to university when this college year ends. we've been together for a year and a half and we're both madly in love.

i feel like i want to go to university but i want to be with her. now my university would be like an hour away, and she lives like 30 minutes away from my house currently, and i see her all the time. i dunno i'm just really stuck, i know she shouldn't be holding me back, and she has said that she doesn't want to hold me back from doing anything, but i just feel like it is. i know she'll be doing the same next year so it's not gonna stop me but...

i don't wanna break up with her, i love her so much. i know it could work, and she does too, i mean, it's only 30 minutes more than now, but the change is just all so different, it's confusing me. i need some advice, please help?

pic related?

Just started Uni myself, so many break ups its so funny. Even two individual couples were engaged.

Break up with her because you're gonna learn alot about your self at Uni. Lots of new people you will meet and what not.

1h away? bitch please, whats the problem?

stay together and make it work, you can always break up later.

here-----30 min away---------hour away
=
hour away-------30 min away------here
are you fucking retarded?

Lol if u stay she will cheat and feed on you if you go she will cheat on you

Go live your life kid.

Break up with her. You're going to end up fucking some college chick anyway and it's better to get it over with now.

Besides, you still have 'teen' on the end of your age. Go have some fun for God's sake.

You're an idiot. You have no idea what love is and you're only 18. You could try to prove me wrong, but you have to understand emotions. You're still on the end of puberty where the chemicals are getting a fucked up and rowdy in your brain skull and so your mind is trying to interpret this influx of chemicals as emotions such as love. What you need to realize is that you're still in the infancy of your life. You're hardly even a person yet. Just like you can't expect a 10 year old to make a single decision to effect them for the rest of your life, you can't expect a teenager to do the same either. You don't know what you're going to be like when you grow up, what you want to do with your life, where you want to eventually be ect.

My vote is to hold off going to university for a year or two. Start working full time, put ALL OF THE FUCKING MONEY in the bank and save up. Then when you're ready to start making life long decisions you can decide what courses to take in university without wasting the money (which is the real issue you need advice on in this post).

if you REALLY are as in love as you believe, you've got nothing to worry about. You'll go through uni, maybe see her a bit less, and continue your lives together afterward.

however....

the second you're smashed at a party and the hottest chick you've ever seen from some town you've never heard of starts grabbing your dick on the back porch.....

you'd better forget about your old lady and go for it friend.

true
+this might happen to your dear gf aswell...

>hurr durr i fucked my life up so that must mean op is incapable of making intelligent decisions

I would copypasta this for future reference.

This is probably the best advice I have seen almost ever on Sup Forums.

So... from 30 minutes to 60 minutes?

Wow, long distance. Get a grip.

I go to school on the East coast. Girl goes to stanford on the west coast... We have no problems. It all depends on how much you care. If you don't care that much, go cheat or whatever, it will never work out anyways. If you do, you'll make it work

this.. 10/10

when i was 18 i was in love, i thought its love of my life, spent 5years with her, didnt go to uni because of her, got fulltime job instead... she broke up with me and guess what... i still can go to uni and have shitload money on account..

hey guys maybe this kid actually knows wtf he wants to do.

You're only 18.

Break up with her. Staying together is a recipe for disaster when you're both so young and in a LTR.

She's an hour away, that's perfectly doable.

If it becomes a horrible LDR, let it happen. It's fun.

I vote he goes to community college and transfer to a university.

No you don't OP, and don't hide. Do what I said and you'll be fine. Life isn't a ride it's a battle. If you don't go to university then you can play out your little love fantasy with this girl and see where it takes you. Maybe I'm just cynical and this is the "real thing" or what ever. The fact of the matter is forcing children to go to university or college this early leads only to extreme debt and living with your parents after you get your incredibly useful degree. Look at the statistics on this shit man, this is real life.

Just get a useful degree. College is only a true scam for liberal arts.