So I brew my own alcohol, just wanted to know if anyone else does this as well...

So I brew my own alcohol, just wanted to know if anyone else does this as well. This one I finished about a month ago and I just tried it the other day. It's an apple cyser mead with an alcohol level of 11%-12%. I'm pretty happy with it and just wanted to know if anyone else does this as well. It can be beer/wine/mead/moonshine.

This is actually my finished batch. It took 2 months of brewing and racking.

The finished product was exceedingly nice. In a few more months it should taste more like apples.

reported to the ATF don't drop the soap ;^)

It's not illegal to make alcohol m8.

So what's it like living in the 1920's?

I hated waiting on it to ferment, but the smell of apples and honey was nice.

I tried making Kvass after watching Life of Boris. I didn't have any of the pumpernickel / black bread so I used warburtons and toasted it until it was all black. Then I added that to the water. I didn't have any lemons either so I used about 3 tangerines. I did have raisins though. I fermented it in a glass Irn Bru bottle with 2 holes poked in the lid. Because the holes were so small CO2 leaked out but didn't leak in.

It definitely had a lot of alcohol. But it tastes creamy because I filtered it through a towel.

Holy shit that's jank as fuck. So how did it turn out and do you know the alcohol level it had?

I'll take "what is prohibition and when did it end" for 1000 Alex.

If I couldn't be fucked getting pumpernickel bread i'm not going to go get a specific gravity thing. I tasted it and it tasted like alcohol. I used a lot of sugar and it didn't taste sweet at all so i can assume it all turned into alcohol. Tasted like a really strong beer.

Not illegal, you fucking moron

Yeah my mead tasted kind of meh when I tried it a month ago but the alcohol flavor leaves it the longer you let it age. It still has the same amount of alcohol in it, it's just the tartness goes away making room for the sweet honey and apple taste. How long are you going to age it?

>Pic is when my mead was in the carboy fermenting.

I fermented it in my closet with my military uniform. After a while my uniform started smelling strongly of a bar. So I needed to get rid of it. I tasted it properly first but I couldn't get the cloudiness to go away at all.

I've been brewing this small batch for something like 2 years now

edgy, you're almost as clever as this user

>military uniform

That's fucking weird because I know a shit ton of sailors and Army guys that make their own alcohol. I'm actually former Navy myself.

Its more the smell coming off of it than anything else. Of course they know we drink but in the UK they get pissy.

Same here in the U.S., I always love coming on base and seeing the signs at the gate saying "days without a drunken incident" since it usually doesn't last more then a few weeks.

I brew at home.
Can't show you it.
Just pressed the small button to flush.

Same fag