Can Sup Forums suggest a new game for me?

can Sup Forums suggest a new game for me?

i haven't played a new one in a while, so i'm behind on times

Sad satan. 10/10 ign.

MINECRAFT!!! modded not that pussy ass vanilla shit I recommend tekkit Classic to start

looks spooky

tried to get into it but i couldn't

Startopia

Have u tried life? Thats a pretty good game if u ask me. Has a sad ending tho. And has perma death.

the binding of isaac skuh

Dark Souls

Planescape: Torment

Keeper RL is pretty fun. It's a dungeon building rts. It's pixel art but it's good. Not sure if it's on steam or itch.io.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto

Don't bother they all suck since the industry is catering to casuals.

Freedom Fighters

If you like stategy making shit then Galactic Civ II.

Fable: TLC

Sanitarium

Theme Hospital

>Rimworld
>From The Depths
>Dishonored
>Space Engineers

Just some games from the top of my head

Unreal Tournament 2004

Oni

Dark Reign

Kingpin: Life of Crime

I second Space Engineers, that shit can get me building for days.

Also
>Rocket League
>Elite Dangerous
>Red Orchestra 2
>DCS World

Pong

What genres of games do you like OP?
I'm a console gamer, but most console games are for PC too, so I'll help you out.

Mafia: The City of Lost Haven

Agar.io

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Good shit user
Try:
Niggar.io

The Suffering 1 & 2

Clive Barkers Undying

Close Combat

Rise of the Triad (original, haven't tried the remake)

Boppin'

Shadow Warrior

Uncharted Waters 2 for SNES

especially if you like trading games with very rich economy behavior

i like fantasy games a lot! but i also like civ V a ton

ty to everyone that replied, i'm reading them all

about to attempt my first mun landing!

i blew the fuck up

Astroneer is in its alpha but still a very beautiful game and is great for cozy play.

Prison architect is fun to hang back and ruin some virtual prisoners life.

You posted a good game. Make a SSTO that can land, refuel and take off from any planet (with the exception of Eve, Jool and Tylo). Then use it to visit all the planets in a single launch without wasting any parts. That should consume some of your time.

Astroneer

I can reach the moon with excess fuel, but every time I try to land I just fucking face plant.

Keep on practising and eventuelly you will get far in this game

By excess fuel I mean that if I use more of it to slow to a landing I will have nothing to get back with.

Rimworld seems to have unlimited replay value. Good game.

I use 4 hammers to get into orbit, but it prevents me from changing angle early. Any tips?

Also, my orbit is never on the same plane as the mün. Any advice on that either?

Paper's Please
Its a short game, but it's entertainingly difficult

read the instruction manual on prograde and retrograde and you'll understand everything

get to a low circular orbit before attempting a landing
do a reverse gravity turn
>slow your horizontal velocity first
>as gravity speeds your decent, rotate to counter it
>the ship should be vertical ~1km above the ground
>reduce your decent to ~10m/s and no faster than 15m/s with landing struts

use solid boosters to get to just under the speed of sound
use liquid throttleable engines for the rest of the way
use the steerable winglets

I've been playing some Death Road to Canada. Cheap on steam. Harder than you'd think. Finally made it to just outside the end and got slaughtered after hours of play. The game is hard mode, so you die, you start over.

Basically Oregon Trail with zombies.

So get into orbit around mun first? Does that require me powering retrograde as I near it so that I can get caught in mun's orbit instead of using it to shoot past? Or am I traveling through space too fast in order to reach mun?
I am pretty sure I understand prograde and retrograde, but is there more information than the direction the ship is facing?

DWARF FORTRESS

What IS that game? Sounds interesting

Needing some good online FPS action? I really like Payday 2 now that the Devs have been replaced and the game received a good round of updates, just be sure to get the GOTY edition on sale. But one of the best experiences I've had all year was on Rainbow Six Siege, it's just so addictive and well designed for team play.

Space Engineers for your creative interests and playing with friends makes it soo good.

Scrolling adventure games don't normally interest me, but Ori and the Blind Forest is so good and worth a play.

Cities XL series for City Builders or ANNO series

If you like fun cheap castle sim/RTS style games the Stronghold series is awesome and the classic Majesty

For new Blockbuster games I really enjoyed XCOM 2, the new Tomb Radier games are just amazing and for shooters, the new Doom was very satisfying and the PVP is good.

Those games have kept me busy after work for a couple months now.

Kerbal Space Program. It's tons of fun.

Always take off towards the sea at the same angle the runway is poiting at. It's the line with the number 90 on it. When you reach orbit you should be in the same plane. Also, I don't recommend using stages that burn only solid rockets because you cannot steer. I actually never use them anymore. Their only good side is that they're cheap.

Cool graphics. What is that?

It's tons of fun, but you need to persevere. It has a very large learning curve.
Even to get off the ground? For some reason I thought that solid fuel would give more thrust fast that would help my thrust>gravities pull at sea level.

see

Kerbel Space Program

I like building monstrous assemblies with dozens and dozens and dozens of solid fuel setup to lift my rocket almost to space and then detach and fall back to earth, presumably leveling a Kerbal city or two and causing a long winter's century from the dust output.

Then I inevitably fuck up in space and leave yet another Kerbal Living Permanent Satellite.

Heh.

wait, what? there are different cities? What the fuck?

Well, true. Hammers have ridiculous TWR twoards the end of their burn but I kinda got used to the controlable liquid powered engines. As long as you have around 1,5 times the thrust at launch as mass*g you should be okay. The picture I posted earlier is the first stage before dropping any parts.

Dark Cloud

Not that I'm aware of. I was just considering the consequences of dropping a multistage monstrosity with ~100-150 rockets slapped on and strut-ed into place.

They are beautiful.

And even this rocket has too much power. Generally you should not see orange reentry effects on takeoff

I simply havent progressed that far in, but Im very excited for it. This game is very fun and Im definitely starting to understand it better. I've crashed multiple ships into mun but that's it so far, lmao. Im also playing on Science until I can understand it better then Ill move to career. Unless career is bullshit anyways.

fuck yeah, everyone forgets this game

>lol no rss,ro,mechjeb,rve,remotetech
>no 3.000t monster with 120t payload sending a whole station to Jupiter/Saturn

> european thousands notation

secondlife

Factorio

I second rimworld

> play level for 12 hours
> text "You win! [ Next Level ]"

> begin next level

Ill rim your world, baby

I played this before science and career. I actually mostly play in sandbox and give myself goals. But the learning curve is steep and the game is unforgiving. By the time you start visiting other planets landing on the Mün will be routine. Once you manage to land on Eve and return the Kerbals home you know you've wasted a lot of time in it.
This is a picture from an old save before they reworked aerodynamics and made heating deadly (which made the game harder). I have to say that this game taught me more about orbital mechanics than any science show.

>So get into orbit around mun first?
yes
attempting to land on any body with a fly-by trajectory is almost impossible
at periapsis (closest approach) burn retrograde until your new periapsis is 20-25km
then wait until you hit periapsis again and again burn retrograde until both your periapsis and apoapsis (highest point of orbit) are 20-25km
the closer those two points are the better
then you want to burn retrograde until you are stationary above Mun (eyeballing it at this point works perfectly
while doing that you want to slowly rotate to a normal (or anti-normal, I get the two confused) attitude (down of the ship is pointing at Mun)
how fast is a matter of experience, you want to continue slowing your horizontal speed to 0 while adjusting to check your vertical speed
once your vertical speed is 0 in all directions (north, south, east, west) you want to be perfectly normal (or anti-normal)
after that you just occasionally feather the engines to keep your decent speed in landing range, 10-15m/s

>Even to get off the ground?
you want to balance wind resistance (drag) and thrust
at ignition you want to be going straight up
at ~10km you want to start turning east
as the atmosphere thins you want to put more thrust in horizontal velocity and less into vertical velocity
this will give you some momentum from the rotation of Kerbin, and reduce the amount of fuel needed to achieve orbit

on bodies with no atmosphere you want yo have as close to a horizontal launch as possible while still moving vertically enough to avoid terrain obstacles (ie hills)

were you able to get off Eve?
the dense atmosphere killed every attempt I've made to leave

Undertale

Factorio - hands down one of my favorite games of all time

Battletoads

Get some mods you nigger

what do you do in this game

Build more and more complex levels of automated machinery to accomplish goals.

would i like it as an engineering student

Probably. I like it as a programmer.

Yes, but it was before the aerodynamics were reworked so entry was easier. I don't have the picture of the actual lander, i just found a screenshot of what actually made it into orbit. The original lander was way over 100 tons. Also don't try to land the whole ship. I left the mothership with nuclear engines in orbit just above the atmosphere, undocked the lander and took it down. Then when I made it back I flew back the the ship, moved the kerbal into it and left the lander there in orbit. Just like the Apollo program.

forgot the pic

how do you refuel?

Darkest Dungeon
Grim Dawn
Starbound
Armello

100tons going down
and that is all that made it back up
no wonder I've never been able to get off Eve

>mount and blade: warband
>rimworld
>state of decay