Discuss

Discuss

Before they even got their they would melt....

octillion? thats what, 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000? Ok. Lets do this.

what if you make them move 8 minutes per hour then, so that they never melt

No if you turn all the lawnmowers on with the blades facing the star the lawnmowers would blow out the sun like a candle

This

attack at night

Mass of lawn mowers:
1.36078*10^28 kg
Mass of VY Canis Majoris:
5.967*10^31 kg

But they have no power

You fill them with gasoline before you put them in space, duh

What if they were solar powered?
>lawnmowers: 1
>atheists: 0

Are the lawnmowers on or off?

that wrench would win

Doesn't matter, the lawnmowers would likely collapse into a star under their own gravity over time.

The star and the lawn mowers have about the same mass. an octillion is alot.

however the lawn mowers have a lot more mass.

They would collapse in on themselves and form a star themselves.

CY is however much larger. Gravity would draw them together.

Thier combined mass would form a larger hotter star that would eventually burn out and leave a black hole.

Final result: Draw.

You fucked up:

> noun, plural octillions (as after a numeral) octillion.
> 1.
> a cardinal number represented in the U.S. by 1 followed by 27 zeros, and in Great Britain by 1 followed by 48 zeros.

If it's the British octillion, then it's the lawnmowers. if it's the cucked small american octilion, then the star.

VY Canis Majors radius is 990,000,000~ KM. We'll say an average lawn mower is about 4 ft long. For simplicity, we'll round a KM to 3300 FT. 825 mowers in one KM. 816750000000 mowers to match the radius. That leaves 1.0 x 10^27 mowers to take on the rest of the star.

Screwdriver slips on banana peel and dies from potassium deficiency. Checkmate.

Blow them out with what? All the air circulating in space?

I'd say the star would win, but how many lawn mowers would it take to overpower the star?

>Lawn mowers have spinning swords

>star has no weapons except for fire

pretty sure he lawn mowers would slash the star before the fire did any damage to their METAL BODY

>implying mass is the only thing that matters
Can Canis Majoris mow an octillion lawns? Didn't think so.

The star would have 1000 times more mass than the lawn mowers. I think the star will win since it's still 1000 times as much.

But OP.... It's already begun. The first wave of our attack fleet is already taking off.

Can we win? I don't know. But we sure as hell won't give up without a fight.

TO GLORY!!! MAY YOUR BLADES SPIN WITH SUCH SPEED AND FEROCITY THAT GOOD HIMSELF STANDS IN AWE!

neutrinos, retard
lrn 2 fucking science

top kek

Under fucking rated

>LAWNMACHINE
are you retarded?

neutrinos aren't real particles, they're just a mathematical model for a potential particle that we've only theorized about, but have no real evidence of.

>lrn 2 fucking science

*GOD

AS IN "GOD DAMN FUCKING PHONE!!!!"

> 2 minutes after the post
> underrated post

learn to samefag

an octillion mowers contained in one sphere could be larger. They could use their combined mass to collapse the nearby star and gain its power.

corridor doesn't stand a chance of survival
that one's pretty straightforward, son

Trick question, faggots. If there are feminists then everyone loses.

using these numbers i can safely say that the lawnmowers would win (even if it's a win by suicide)
iron acts as a "toxin" to fusion reaction, and adding such a significant ammount of iron to a star will cause the fusion to stop, resulting in a supernova most likely. might take a few thousand years, but thats a short time for a star.

>has never seen a neutrino
>assumes their fake

You probably think the earth is flat sense you've never actually scene it from space.

Irregardless, how's life on the spectrum?

Gravity wins again

Except I posted the underrated one and not the actual post fag

Kek wouldn't work btw how would the engines run? (is that a trick question? lololol)

LOL not samefag.
gg tho.

>implying lawn mowers are made out of iron

are you fucking retarded? iron is too heavy to use in normal machines, even though its sturdy as fuck. stainless steel is used because its lighter, even if its slightly weaker. the strength difference isn't noticeable in most commercial uses though

their own exhaustion

>lawnmowers
The right is clearly the answer.

this obviously

ok you got my kek

Okay, but what about 1 octillion x 1000 lawn machines

TOPKEK

i never said they're fake, i just said we've never actually seen one (meaning we don't have any empiracle evidence of them), so they're just theoretical. just like the higgs boson.

i know the earth isn't flat you knuckle dragging chucklefuck

you first 2 statments contradict each other.
also, lawn mowers can not form a star as they are made of iron, not of hydrogen and helium, and thus unable (without a lot of outside help) to start a fusion reaction.

> discussing
> online
> ever

Here dick cheese. Revel in your own ineptitude

And I posted the original, not the one praising it. (thx btw fam!)

I guess "my" shoop skills on the phone must be pretty wicked if we're samefag.

But we're not.

Try again tomorrow.

VY Canis Majoris wins by virtue of existing. Where are the lawnmowers supposed to come from? The Forge Worlds of the Imperium of Man?

didnt they find the higgs boson

one of the best things ever

exactly my point. they've never found a neutrino either. it's theoretical the same way the higgs boson is.

>lrn 2 read

We roasted him fam. That nigga got rekt

>sending out the scouts.

Yes, AND they've detected neutrinos on multiple occasions at multiple sites.

Have you ever seen the so-called spherical earth from space? Then how do you KNOW it's not flat?

But my point isn't that the earth is actually flat.

My point is that neutrinos being "theoretical" is bullshit. I have a jar of them in my kitchen you scab-stroking bolt licker.

>Got their

What did they get?

you dense motherfucker, stainless steel is an alloy composed mostly of iron.

>dick cheese
>trips
>trips cheese

>lrn 2 comprehend
Science men have discovered and observed the Higgs Boson get your fake argument out of here

That level of autism cannot be matched, man. Obvious tryhard samefag.

so the warm won't reach them?

Glad to see Sup Forums still has some real Sup Forumsros left. Hold down the fort for me? I gotta go shovel some snow.

You mad
We got him snow user.

k

brb... gotta get my neutrinos out of the kitchen. Unless Brian took them. If anything, he'll be the one on the kitchen.

>Have you ever seen the so-called spherical earth from space? Then how do you KNOW it's not flat?

I've seen released pictures from the NASA website you fucking mongoloid. The earth isn't flat, and if you actually believe hat you dont have any place in a scientific discussion.

>you dense motherfucker, stainless steel is an alloy composed mostly of iron.

Yeah, but it doesn't have the properties of iron any more. its just made of iron at the molecular level, its not actually iron anymore. sodium is explosive if it touches water, and chlorine is a toxic gas, but if you put them together it makes table salt, which you can dissolve in water and eat with no harmful effects.

>science men

Inb4 lawn machines melt...

You are butthurt because discovered your ruse, but investigators like me cannot be fooled. GIRL POWER.

Largest known star is UY Scuti, tho..

Exhaust is a mix of air and fuel biproduct. And combustion requires air anyways.

>believing photos from the govt

LOL okay, whose the one operating in faith now?

They wouldn't collapse into a star, tho, because they're mainly composed of various metals. That kind of mass would form a fucking huge black hole.

>it doesn't have the properties of iron any more
Oh yeah, stainless steel is *completely* unlike iron. Especially when it's vaporizing in a star. I mean, it's just going to turn into cotton candy because it's a completely different substance. Who knows, it might even accelerate the nuclear fusion!

> pretending rockets don't work in space

Have you ever actually seen any sci fi shows? When shit blows up in space, you HEAR it, which means there's AIR which means combustions can occur.

>hurr durr engines cant run in space bc no air

Ever heard of a rocket ENGINE?!

Intellectual checkmate.

•micdrop.pif•

assuming the lawn mowers are 30 lbs btw

Lawn mowers would collapse into a black hole, which would consume the star whole. Lawnmowers win.

>stainless steel is *completely* unlike iron.
if it was like iron it would rust you fucking retard. it has different chemical properties, so it wont impact a CHEMICAL PROCESS the same way.

have you ever fucking opened a chemistry textbook in your life or have you just not yet gotten to a grade level where they teach it?

>getting this angry about stainless steel

wow

>chemical process
Nuclear fusion is, as the name implies, a nuclear process. Inside a star you don't got to worry about rust, son.

Kek

This shit always get so stupid so fast

Nuclear processes derive from the chemical properties of the atom. Hence, some chemicals are radioactive and some arent

Stainless steel is almost pure iron coated with another metals (such as zinc) to prevent rusting

And stainless steel is an alloy of a bunch of metals that would fuck up fusion no matter how you slice it. Now sit your punk ass down.

>stainless steel goes into star
>stainless steel vaporises into component plasmas
>most of the nuclei in the added plasma are iron
>iron (and some nickel isotopes) has the highest binding energy per nucleon
>unfusable iron nuclei reduce collision rate of hydrogen and helium in the core
>fusion slows

It literally does not matter because the orders of magnitude are still too far out, but still you manage to be wrong.

They do work because they have oxygen as fuel you fucktard. What do you think they use? Commercial gasoline?

Maybe if the metals were present individually, sure. But theyre part of a compound. Which changes its properties. So no, it wouldnt effect the nuclear fusion.

Id tell you to sit down but judging from your dumbass argument, youve barely learned how to walk.

>it wouldn't effect the nuclear fusion
OK, trolling time's over now. it wasn't bad, but I think there's some room for improvement. Still, got me to respond; I'll give it 7/10.

I don't know why all these definitions say that Great Britain uses different 10^3 magnitude scales.
It's as archaic as saying thou and quothe n shit, we haven't used numbers in that way since WWII

What would they even win? What determines who one? Like if a bunch of lawn machines remain intact? Should the star vanish as lawn machines allahu akbar it?

Should the increased concentration of iron make the star collapse in on itself? What if it creates a black whole and absorbs all the lawn machines? Who wins?

Jej, remember that thread

Yep, it's a trick question, you're the first one to think of that. It's actually about who would win at a rap contest and let me tell you, they don't call Canis Majoris the Big Dog for nothing. Those lawnmowers be thinking his ass is grass, but they be illin'.