Whats the first band you got really into?

Whats the first band you got really into?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VNcqV_dC_gE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gorillaz

scooter

Three Doors Down

The Strokes

gorillaz and nirvarna for me

The sex pistols. I bought their album because it had the word sex on the front.

Oasis

haha

Arcade Fire and St. Vincent. Those two changed my perspective on music.

ramones

Guns and Roses #sorrynotsorry

System of a Down

There was Billy Talent that got me into music and listening to albums in general and later Lordi and Korn got me into metal

really got into nirvana when I started learning bass, still can recall every song/demo of them
heard Sliver like 3000 times over the years

Rammstein

sliver is in my top 10 songs of all time

Pink Floyd

hawthorne heights

Yellowcard, I remember listening to this album daily when I was about 8 or 9 and doing my homework to it when I got home from school. They're one of the only bands I listened to back then that I still listen to now

Another band I used to listen to around that time. I definitely don't anymore.

Last Dinosaurs

+++

Led Zeppelin

animal collective and deerhunter

i discovered the internet in 2008 obviously haha

Metallica

haha

Beastie Boys

The Beatles

Thin Lizzy

I was like 6.

b-52's

sonic youth with 13 years, have no idea how I got into them, but just came to my mind, hey these guys are awesome, I'm going to listen to all their albums, and I did most of them (hell I'm not listening to made In USA), but I think that without them I would never get really into music, so they have a special place in my heart.

Weird Al for me

I would say Kraftwerk and Arcade Fire by the time I was in 8th grade in middle school. Before that, I unironically listened to vidya soundtrack/remixes :^(

I used to listen to Tool almost exclusively when I was like 14.

Nirvana, don't remember exactly what came after, I think it was the Swans

This

Linkin Park

Korn

Coldplay I think when I was like 12

Either the talking heads or the the when I was around 9 or 10.

Most of the first bands I listened to were whatever records my dad had at the time. I wasn't allowed to use the record player so I had to wait until they were asleep to listen to music.

The Beach Boys, their non-Pet Sounds albums always get shit on but they're generally pretty great

The Beatles.
Learning all their lore, about all their personalities and tastes, playing the fuck out of their discography to the point i can probably sing 97% of everything they released and then exploring all of their individual solo albums. No band had captivated me like that before and few have since.

Linkin Park
When I started actually caring about the facets of music, Rush.

Offspring

Gorillaz and Wavves, like 5 years apart

band? probaby disturbed at ~10
musician? elvis at ~5

the who

tezzorsucks

That one.

The Beatles. I liked music before them but The Beatles were the first band that were more than just some songs I liked. Still my favourite band, definitely my jumping off point into music proper.

Rammstein was my first band ever

When i was a wee boy i bought all their cd's i was obsessed

Same

Jamiroquai

Three days grace, can't stand em now tho except the song on my own

The white stripes for me, I got into music a bit late

RCHP as a kid just fuck my shit up already senpai

Misfits

Coheed & Cambria's 2nd and 3rd albums.

I remember being 14 when I found both albums on sale at the local Best Buy. I was already a fan of the staples: "A Favor House Atlantic", "Blood Red Summer", and "Welcome Home"; but I had no idea that they were a SERIES.

I spent my whole winter listening to those two albums back to back until I'd memorized most of the lyrics to each song, soaking them in while my family and I would take our trips from the boarder North to see family for Thanksgiving. I still didn't get the concept until I started using the internet to research the band more.

tl;dr
This was my shit growing up.

cKy, not only got me into music but their lead singer/rhythm guitarist Deron Miller got me into a lot of other music growing up and introduced me to My bloody valentine's "loveless"

The Monkees

youtube.com/watch?v=VNcqV_dC_gE

Sex Pistols

Either Metallica or Led Zeppelin, in middle school

Also good choice OP incesticide is great

Me

This
I still have the entirety of Hybrid Theory memorized in my head

Metallica, it was 1998 and I was hooked on Load, and Reload, sure, I had shit taste, but my mind was blown as a kid.

Sick Puppies, when I was about 7. I mean I can see why most wouldn't like them, and they're probably right, but my moms boyfriend at the time knew the former lead singer personally so I listened to Dressed Up As Life so many goddamn times that to this day I have the entire album memorized. They played an acoustic set at a Mammoth Music store up in my old hometown in Alaska back when they were sorta underground, back when I was maybe 7 or 8, and I knew everything by heart at this point and according to my mom, the band looked really confused as to why a fucking 8 year old knew their entire catalog. I don't know if that's true or not, but I like to think it is.

I sorta dropped off around the time they released they released Connect in 2013, but to this day, as dated as it may be I'll still spin Dressed Up As Life and Tri-Polar and feel a bit of nostalgia.

I guess what I'm saying is that even though they might be bad, I straight-up just do not have the ability to hate them. I just can't.

Talk Talk, when I was 16

Same

same