ITT: We discuss Independence Day Resurgence

>shilling this hard for Hillary in a movie
Disgusting, almost ruined the entire thing for me. At least she died without much fanfare that made me happy.

Do you think they'll make another sequal?

I like to think of the whole thing as a prequel to star trek

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/news/sela-ward-independence-day-resurgence-hillary-clinton-1201763984/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not shilling for anyone. They just wanted a female president because that's a little different. Nice try though. Besides there are plenty of actual reasons to dislike this movie. You don't have to literally make up reasons to criticize it.

This. If they were shilling for Hil-dog they wouldn't have made this broad look so incompetent.

This is what "almost" ruined the movie for you? Not literally every other aspect of this trainwreck? Seriously kill yourself.

It wasn't shilling for Hillary since she was ineffective compared to President Whitmore in the first movie. But you wouldn't understand because you're a retarded Abo.

>Do you think they'll make another sequal?
No because it didn't make much money.

Hillary is going to be president anway

The movie plays like it was heavily cut for theatrical release. Much like BvS, an extended version on bluray isn't going to improve it.

>"Did you model President Landford on any real-life presidents?"
>"Well, we don’t have any female presidents to emulate. But I watched a lot of Hillary Clinton on the campaign trail, just to see physically what she would do, how she would approach a podium, a crowd, etc. [Germany’s] Angela Merkel, I would look at a little bit. She’s not as expressive. It’s really mostly watching Hillary, who is the only real female role model we have"

variety.com/2016/film/news/sela-ward-independence-day-resurgence-hillary-clinton-1201763984/

Having a female president in a movie during an election year where a female presidential nominee is running is not a coincidence. Nice try though, keep on shilling.

But she was a great representation of what a woman president would be. She completely fucked up, nearly dooming the planet in the process, and ended up getting herself killed. The previous male president had to clean up the mess and save the world.

I can enjoy a movie for what it is, but a shitty blockbuster shoving political bias down my throat is where I draw the line.

I hope so, Trump is inexperienced.

True, but at least the acting was a little better for the most part. Goldblum, Pullman, even Monroe and Hemsworth I thought were decent. The Chinese girl and the kid that liked her were ok and the British lady that followed Levinson around was good. I'd watch a 3 hour version of this if I'm being honest here.

It's not shilling if the female president doesn't do anything significant. She doesn't fly a jet or punch out an alien like stronk woman. Your trilby is cutting the circulation to your brain.

>We wanted a female president in the movie so we based her loosely on the only woman in the country who has actually come close to being president

Yeah some real hard shilling going on there. Nice try, though. Next time get better bait.

Chinese girl and Pullman were shit. Pullman really disappointed me but I'll chalk it up to shitty material.

Hmm good point. I did notice they made her very trigger happy too, which is something I know many people, including myself fear about having her as a president.

you killed your own thread before it started, OP

>shoving political bias down my throat
The bias is there but not in the way you think. She's there to make America self-serving while the U.N. fighters save the day.

No. They did just fine. Saying the material they had to work with was shit makes sense, but that doesn't make them shit.

>Pullman
>shit
Fuck off, Pullman was the best part of the film.

That "crazy old man" voice veered into "crazy old coal miner" one too many times for me. And that whole scene where he storms the podium was just awful. His end speech was okay, and his last scenes were the only good parts, acting-wise.

>wake up after 20 year coma
>inmediately get a white alien ball waifu
being okun is awesome.

>wake up after 20 year coma
>can walk and speak normally right away

You're right. Being Okun is awesome.

>Plot Sphere is made on an unknown material and powered by an unknown source
>Humans can instantly recreate the radiation it puts out

The Plot Sphere is really the worst part of the movie. Giant Alien Queen was pretty cool.

>Giant Alien Queen was pretty cool.
I want a gif or webm of her hobbling out on the desert after the school bus. That shit was silly as hell.

That's the only thing that annoyed me, did she assume that the bus is what shot her down? Why was she so intent on ruining the bus?