Why do Highschool students join ROTC

Why do Highschool students join ROTC

I know I should probably ask this on another thread, but from my short experience I did not enjoy that class.

To avoid being a little too vague, I don't see any reason as to why anyone would find it enjoyable or enticing.

gay nerd sex

Because they are faggots playing playing pretend while the real men go out and fight.

to meet friends, I didn't have any, joined it
gained like 100 friends
it's been almost 5 years after graduation and I still keep in touch with about 30 of them on a regular basis

Highschool does not have ROTC it has JROTC you fucken retard

Those uniforms are faker as fuck. They're like 16-18, and they have a full as fuck Ribbon Rack lmao. Little faggots

That sounds about right.

>looks good on a college application

Some of us didn't have a choice. Tried to convince my dad that I didn't want to do it. Got beaten within an inch of my life for talking back to him.

did you guys get bullied or something

I'm a Marine and it does seem pretty gay, it can get you a promotion if you have prior experience and enlist. I don't judge them to bad though, just high school kids, funny story I once called one sir during my graduation at Parris island at the MCX, and he just smirked at me like a little cunt, it wasn't till I got outside that I figured out he was JROTC, I should have went back in and fucked with him, but I wanted off that island.

So when they go to college they have a chance to go to a military academy or do it in regular college then they get to be an officer and retire with a kickass pension after 20 years

come in as E-3.

Everyone sure seems to talk a lot of trash.

armyfag here
the jrotc fags in my basic company were made the squad and platoon leaders
not a single one of the 15 or so made it to graduation

>Joining the Hitler youth

it was to straighten up the bad kids. I was in it although I didnt do shit and I slept all day. I got a b in that class. it was gay af though. all the nerds went into it to escape PE.

It's ROTC not the actual military and that is a real military uniform but the ribbons are made for ROTC

It must be hard being that fucking stupid

You can start out at higher pay grades and even enter as an officer
the benefits

No idea. Marine officer here. At least for us every officer goes through OCS (minus naval academy guys I think) so whether you did ROTC or not you're still in the same boat and there's no like rank benefits or anything at all. The ROTC kids I trained with when I was in were no better at anything during training if not worse. It just teaches you bad habits that have to get straightened out in training.

For kids who have no skills or future and want to get a head start on spending their life in the military

An army's 2nd lieutenants starting salary is around 33 thousand a year. This is if you get contracted and this is where they basically pay for your college from then on out. I am really over simplifying this you should talk to a recruiter or go to your closest college and talk to the head of the program and its students.