What did I do wrong, Sup Forums?

What did I do wrong, Sup Forums?
>be me, 18, still living with my parents
>my stepmother is kinda bipolar, sometimes she's the nicest person ever and sometimes she's a complete bitch, especially when on her period
>today was especially bad
>kept criticizing me for every little thing
>and I mean every little thing
>I made pizza for dinner (I'm always the one who cooks as my parents are both really lazy)
>as soon as she comes into the room she starts talking shit
>"user, stop crossing your arms over your chest"
>"user, stop taking off the mushrooms on your pizza, I want you to eat them all"
>"user, you're taking way too long, eat faster"(on my second bite, at that point I'm just focusing on not talking back, which is why it took me about 30 seconds between my first and second bite)
>"user, you aren't laughing hard enough at the Simpsons episode"
>don't wanna get in trouble, just ignore it and do whatever she tells me to
>after dinner she tells me to clean my room
>as I'm cleaning it I find a huge trash bag in the corner, it's filled with stuff to give away, the bag is supposed to be in the hallway so they see it and go put it in the bin next to the grocery store
>she put it in my room so it would be out of the way
>take it back into the hall, I won't have this huge thing in my way while I'm cleaning
>she comes out of her room
>"user what's this doing here"
>"well it doesn't belong in my room"
>"it doesn't belong in the hallway either"
>"what am I supposed to do? It still doesn't go in my room"
>she gets super pissed at me, throws the bag and stays I have to stop it with my attitude
>later on, still working on my room, find some Legos I want to give my little brothers
>starts cleaning them as they're full of dirt and bird poop
>she comes into the bathroom
>gets pissed at me again, apparently Legos I found on the floor don't count as cleaning the floor
>she says if I fuck up again she'll cut off my Internet tomorrow
Cont.

oh no, meanie stepmum hurted my feelings and shes going to take my fun toys away

>still later on, she comes up and talks to me
>"do you understand what you did wrong"
>I don't really, but I say I do
>"you attitude was really shitty tonight, user"
>I am so sick of her shit, i have no idea what she's talking about, I've been nicer than usual actually or at least I've tried
>I guess I made a face when she said it, didn't say anything though
>"alright that's it no Internet tomorrow"
>this ruins both my day and my plans of playing with my friend I haven't seen in 6 months
>I'm trying my best to be objective and realize my flaws, but what the fuck did I do wrong?
>someone help me, call me an entitled shitbird, something

just kill her

I know, I'm not just venting, I want someone to tell me how to do better so I can function in society without my bosses getting mad at me for reasons I don't understand or something

For years I had to wash my stepmom out of her own vomit, piss, shit and blood, because she was alcoholic, and whenever I cleaned up after her, she just stood there and watched me clean (when she was conscious enough to realize what is going on, and not laying on the floor fucking passing out). I was washing the dishes, she came up to me and vomited on the fucking plates I was cleaning, etc, and also kept arguing about how I'm using way too much washing gel for the plates. and all in all about every little thing until she died.

I think you can push through, OP..

Wow, that sucks m8.

I'll be honest, I didn't read your whole post, but what about your dad? Does he never speak up or something? Although it seems like your stepmom's the boss

Yeah, whenever he witnesses her being unfair or anything, but when he does she gets even more pissed at him, and then they start arguing and it's even worse than before

gotta love family.. I pretty much have 75% bad and 25% good/okay experience with family. not just mine, both my sisters have a family, and all I see that it's just fucking meaningless to have one. I probably won't have one, I'd rather be alone.

but like I said, you have to push through somehow, it doesn't look like thing are just going to change magically in the near future.
This of course includes you waking up/going to bed with anxiety, with that clenching feeling in your stomach and with the 'fear' that it'll happen again. Every day will be the same for a while, but nothing lasts forever.

Sounds like she's being unfair because she wants you to move out, and if your post is even remotely true she definitely doesn't care about you. However you're 18 now so you're a freeloader and can't do much about it but she sounds like a real cunt so I feel for you.

Seems like she doesn't care but sometimes shes just so nice and I can talk to her about my feelings and she understands and comforts me
like I said I think she might be bipolar

You sound pretty level headed and able to participate in a civil debate but I feel like she might not be. I recommend writing a letter to her and your dad expressing your feelings and pointing out what you think is unreasonable and then asking them if you can talk to them. Try to say as little as possible and just have them read the letter but stay there to engage in dialog should they have questions or want to rebut.

I'll try. I never understood the point of letters though, why not just say what I want to say?

doobs

She wouldn't hear you out about the legos or bag of trash she threw in your room, how far do you think the conversation would get before she took it over? If you write a letter she basically has to read the whole thing.

I decided my family was such a toxic shitshow i moved my ass 2800 miles away.
>life would be even better if phones didnt exist

Oh, right. Yeah, I'll do that. What do I write though? I suck at words.

>18
>being punished
>by stepmom

get a job and move out you lazy sack of shit

Working on it.

>working on it
is something people say when they're not really working on it. Not trying to be a dick, but it's time to kick it into high gear and understand that the whole ugly world doesn't give a fuck about you. Time to pull up those boot straps, move out of daddy's house and get your shit together.

I'm rooting for ya

i cant take her seriously so u shouldnt either. dont give it a shit. walk out on her for a few days

I dunno, I would write something similar to your greentext except without any insults to your step mom. Maybe open the letter by saying you are writing the letter with the intent of not coming off as disrespectful, because so far every time you have tried to express your opinions verbally you were dismissed as talking back. Then give a few good examples of when she was being completely unfair and hope for the best.

However before you do this I would take a while to seriously reflect and make sure you aren't being a modern day crybaby about things, otherwise it probably wont turn out well.

I'll try harder then, I brought my resume to a bunch of places but they won't hire me

Rape her then kill her

Could work.