Why is the age of consent and drinking so high in murrica?

Why is the age of consent and drinking so high in murrica?

Because liquor would've caused life expentasy to degrade so far that the country's newer generations would starve ex. Russia.

Because the brain isn't capable of rational decision making. In fact, it isn't until your mid-twenties that the frontal cortex fully develops, which is why heavy underage and young drinkers have lower brain function when they get older... much like the older members of Sup Forums

Because anyone born after 1996 is an absolute fucking idiot.

Trips have spoken, also dodged that bullet. 96

because progressive jackasses force us to keep our kids in a state of mental and emotional frailty until almost the point that they're released into society as unrestricted adults.
By nature, they should be ready to provide consent by 15 at the latest but our society forces them to remain ignorant

No... No... I was born in 96.. Don't be agist.. There are still some big ass fucking idiots in our generation

Why wouldn't it be?

Is no one going to question the image? I'm just curious as to the backstory, if there is one. Is there one? Why does she look happy? Is she kill?

are you done whining? no? need a few more posts to whine and deflect all responsibility, snowflake? would you like to cry, too? we're here for you. let it alllllll out.

I would fuck.

>after
you fucking idiot

>You should consent as soon as biologically possible
Why? It's not like there's a high chance of dying before you reach a more reasonable age to make such decisions like there used to be.

>Why is the age of consent and drinking so high in murrica?
public education and jumping to conclusions with raw data, respectively

We're stupid.

Because they don't know how to drink properly.

>binge drink every weekend at 21
>I'm screwed

>hurdur still in the year 1996
97 is after 96

This. We become adults the moment we're burdened by the potential to create new life.

Americans are immature and irresponsible. I think the drinking age should be raised to 25. I also think the voting age should be lowered to 13 and the age of legal sexual majority should be raised to 21.

For reasons.

conservatives (the right wing) introduced prohibition. similarly they also introduced the 21-year-old age of consent federally, and each state adopted that.

which is interesting, because red states have the lowest age of consent (inbreeding, rape, molestation and pedophilia is rampant in red states).

Are you retarded?

Your proper use of punctuation and grammar pleases me. I am admittedly a little jealous. I wish so bad to know proper comma placement. It is so important to me. Your literacy has made my night. thank you for making me happy.

Because America is a repressed land of uneducated, borderline-autistic trumptards.

you're a fucking idiot

it should be fucking 25.. same goes for weed legal states. too many fuckwits that think their being edgy and cool go out drinking or doing drugs, then driving back home and being on the roads and shit pisses me off very much.

Sorry, anyone born after 1981 is an absolute fucking idiot.

millennials are idiots, that's why

i'm also from 96!

really because im pretty sure the spawn of baby boomers are the ones who ruined everything we have today, everyone 90s+ is in charge of un-fucking it.

I was pretty stupid the first half of my life, I fucked up A LOT, but I have rebounded in the 2nd quarter, and my life goal is to work for the U.N.W.T.O. which is a branch of the United Nations. born 1987.

Because life is so great here that we have a tendency to take longer to grow up.

Drinking under 18 was exaiting and felt dangerous. After thats it has become more and more boring.

>I took English in high school. I learned short sentences were more intimidating. So now I use them a lot. To intimidate people. On Sup Forums. So I can feel cool. And criticize their grammar. On Sup Forums.

i beg your pardon, but anyone born after 1969 is an absolute fucking idiot

*legalized potential
Doesnt stop the teen moms out there

LOL THE UN! Yeah no. We're going to defund and leave the UN.

Hope you cucks have fun with that.

America: Out.

I saw the video with this chick puking her fucking face off. Any more info?

Hate it when people do that. Kekd.

I was just trying to compliment you. Now you have shown that you are actually an asshole, and can't even accept a fucking, compliment.

Liberals

With respect, anyone born after 1904 is an ignoramus.

>Oh look I have a superiority complex because I am anonymous and I am a few months older than this faggot

Kys fucking autists. The year ends on December 31st not Jan 1st.

Do you even know how the U.N. works? you really think that The United States decides the fate of the U.N.? Do you even know what the U.N. is an acronym for, or why it was created? Trust me, they did not ask the United States permission to be created.

because we choose to poison our children's mind with reality tv instead

you're absolutely fucking retarded

Because progressives want women to be single as long as possible so they vote liberal.

The U.N will never be defunded you idiot. That's not how the U.N. works. who do you think is "funding" it, the U.S.? Are you stupid, or are you just joking? No one "funds it." you moron.

Sure I am. Autistic troll.

get back to raping little boys you pedo

"little girls"
there, I fixed that for you. And it's not rape, It's just diddling. Diddling that they really enjoy.

Look everyone, a retard. What should I say to him?

I can't get past your autism

type faster, faggot.

Because 'Murricans mature more slowly than other countires

Same reason why our age of consent is also so high comparatively

In fact, the way the gove'ment hand holds everyone, lots of people Never grow up.

Most niggers live in the south retard

>things that never happened

why?

>age of consent
historically the US had a de facto age of consent of 14, there were some exceptions for orphaned and abandoned girls
then state funded education became prominent
this was provided for any one up to the age of 18
but most people did not make it to 18 because they got married and started a family and/or career
then teacher's unions formed
throughout the mid-20th century teacher's unions petitioned the states to raise the age of consent to 18 so that people were not distracted by family and could provide a larger need for teachers
in some states they were successful
but for the most part they only succeeded in setting the age of consent at 16 or had the 18 age of consent modified by "close enough" clauses where a person could get married to another person if they were within a certain age of each other
but they did succeed in changing the national perception of "child" from under 14 to under 18

>and drinking
in the '70 the National Institute of Highway Safety conducted a study on highway fatalities
the initial data from this study showed that people 16-20 were dieing at ~4x the rate of people over 20 in accidents involving a drunk driver
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) took this and ran with it
they started screaming "Think of the children!"
and got congress to tie highway funding to a state law setting the minimum drinking age at 21 or higher
after the data was analyzed it showed that because teens were more likely to drive at night in groups, they were more likely to die in groups in the event of an accident, and that very few of the teens were the drunk driver or even in a car with a drunk driver
but MADD already got their way and repealing a law is damn near impossible in the US

Actually answered the question.

To add, initially slow adoption made the statistics worse because then the teens packed into these shitbox cars would drive to the other neighboring states that didn't change the drinking age, causing even more deaths.

This, honestly the whole age of consent doesn't matter as long as the two parties involved have a basic understanding of what it is they are participating in. And for all its pleasure like none other

>children can have a basic understanding of sex, or its consequences

>implying sexually mature people are children incapable of understanding their own body and basic biological consequences

I am if by "sexually mature people" you mean 11 year olds that just had their first period

I don't know what this graph is telling me, please explain to an intoxicated user.

you must have only know retarded kids
even 11yos understand sex

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH OP PICTURE?
Did you savages not notice the dead/kill/happy girl?

holy shit I had no idea

LOL
>Not being angry with the flawed system your parents left to us.

a retarded baby could "understand" sex. Understanding the powerful emotions and responsibilities involved is a different matter, let alone why an adult wants to have sex with you rather than someone their own age, or why they want to have sex with you but not marry you, or how they want to have sex with you but don't love you enough to have a baby with you, or how skewed the balance of power is towards the adult's favour.

I

How much crack did you smoke before posting?

Check it out. Baby Boomer thinks hes got jokes. That old stupid generation. Straight from high school when you didn't get raped up the ass at a grocery store.

sorry for not including
>and the consequences of
I thought that you were smart enough to realize as that was included in previous posts it was implied in that post
I'll try to avoid the mistake of assuming you are intelligent enough to have a reasonable level of reading comprehension

nice argument boyfucker

Not only do they understand it, many of them do it.

with adult males in a healthy positive fashion?

91 checking in
>damn

>Lovin your pictures

That's right, doc.

Here's a nickel.

tnx

>don't love you enough to have a baby with you
>Implying you don't love someone if you don't breed

>when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much...
Do you even a child's understanding of sex?

What's the story with that photo?

Lead based gasoline wasn't stopped till around the 70's so...
Also the baby boomers are the biggest piece of shit generation. any one red pilled would agree.
And you're an example of how stupid your generation is.
Its all bad.

>rational decision making
that is such a bullshit reason when our society forces children to decide what their whole life will be sophomore year of college, highschool really

That's not society's fault. You can't be great at something unless you start early society or no

One thing about the human condition is this: You grow up according to your situation.

500 years ago, most young people grew up with rites of passage. After passing them, they were expected to be adults, do adult things, etc.

These days, we are told that we are children until 18, even though we can fuck, drink, kill, drive, and even enlist in the military.

So much bullshit. Sex is sex, you do it when you're ready, and there shouldn't be any ethical considerations beyond, "Was it consensual?"

I don't see how the person's age really makes much difference.

Link it?

>there shouldn't be any ethical considerations beyond, "Was it consensual?"
That's the whole point of having an age of consent. We have to decide a time from which things can be considered "consensual" you numpty. Babies can't consent so it has to be higher than 0

>not wanting to fuck a partial breech birth

N E W B O R N P O R N
E E
W W
B B
O O
R R
N N

P P
O O
R R
N E W B O R N P O R N

From what iv read, the brain is fully developed around age eighteen. After that, it slowly starts to degrade. Although it was a book that told me that, and everyone knows how those damn books are.

Fair enough. But what we are disagreeing on is not actually the age of consent. We are disagreeing on what constitutes consent.

Call me an anarchist, but I feel like when you're ready to have sex, you should be allowed to make the decision to do it.

I understand that there is a point where children aren't capable, but to set an arbitrary number that serves no purpose except to push age discrimination, is unacceptable.

And yes, it's age discrimination. Any two people people under the age of 18, as dumb as they are, can fuck themselves silly. But heaven help us if one of those two is say, 28!

HOLY FUCK. Even though, a 28 year old person is probably in a much better position to have sex, be supportive of their younger partner, has more experience and knowledge, etc, etc.

because as a 1%er society (those who rule the rest of the world (those who enslave the rest of the world) we are more retarded, and our easier lifestyles lead to our lack of growth in all regions of a character. its for our saftey even tho it really should be raised to like 25. and thats implying that everyone DOESNT drink when they're 14

96 here dodged it as well

But you don't want to enter into a loving, supportive, monogamous marriage with an 18 year old now do you?

>Any two people people under the age of 18, as dumb as they are, can fuck themselves silly. But heaven help us if one of those two is say, 28!
The problem with that is that a 28yo adult could take advantage of a child or a horny teen by manipulating them into something that they were not comfortable with. Consentual sex can't be consentual if the partner is ignorant about sex or the dangers that go along with it

Millennials

If she's game for it? Sure I am. You're damn straight I am.

I confirm this, as an oldfag, my frontal lobe is the equivalent if a dry rotted bicycle tire.

Millennials.