Tell me about the army, Sup Forums. Not the Marines, but the Army. Specifically infantry. I think I want to join...

Tell me about the army, Sup Forums. Not the Marines, but the Army. Specifically infantry. I think I want to join. What are the requirements?

The army is the cuck branch behind the coast guard of the US military. The navy is pretty gay but better than the army.

You can do better than infantry. Consider something more specific like combat engineer and blow shit up for a living. My engineer buddies get paid to make explosions every month and I get jealous from my computer screen.

do you like having sex with me? I hope you do, because that is all the army is. A bunch of faggots. So much homo sex.

They also all have bad karma because they kill, so if you want bad karma too, then join.

All you need to know is your job will be to go die pointlessly in a foreign land while those who sent you play golf and cash in their pensions

Army is decent. It depends on your goals and reasons for joining.

Post those and I'll give my best advice.

Are you a retard that enjoys doing menial tasks everyday? If so, the infantry is for you.

Go back to the ocean fag

mmm crayons

i wish we had a calling to serve more noble to justify things

instead we have gay ass proxy wars and whatnot, literally metal gear solid faggotry

I had a friend who was a retired Army infantry guy. He told me that any other possible branch or field is better than going into that. It's just really not worth it.

Suck dick and shoot guns?

Marines eat crayons you fuckin retard.

Its gonna suck. You'll hate your life the entire time but i guarantee you the second you get out you're going to crave and miss the structure it provided your life and the fact you didn't have to actively think cause others would do that for you.

I know it sounds weird but spend a year having everyone do the thinking for you and you'll stop thinking for yourself as a sort of natural process. Their training process is essentially designed that way.

>what are the requirements
General fitness and health, relatively decent eyesight, the ability to take a lot of crap and punishment physically and mentally.

You honestly don't even have to shoot that straight or anything above a highschool education(requirement by law not profession).

If you want to shoot guns AND suck dick join the muhreens

That's what I was implying you sperglord

To be frank, I have no goals. And I honestly can't say why I want to join. I don't feel like I have to, or I should I just want to. I know it's stupid and could get me killed, but I want to.

>be me
>want to join muhreens just so i can say i did it
>want combat job for the same reason as above
>because no on says "yeah i was a marine!"
>thats cool user! i bet you kicked so much ass!
>"lol no i was an (insert pog job here)"

ARMY has a shit standard of living, go navy or chair force.

If you want a real chance of being blown up by some sand niggers who believe in a false god, this is a great idea.

Marines don't promise you you'll get the job you want. The other branches do.

Never seen a marine admit they were a pog, even when im a AF fag and ive done more shit than them.
>inb4 air force doesnt shoot guns! Reeeee

tell me more, user

they would really say no to a guy that actually wants to do infantry shit?

Why not Marines?

Marine pogs are the loudest when it comes to the "Ooraahh deber derggg" shit". Combat arms Marines are more chill about it unless they're fucking around in my experience. They don't talk as much shit as pogs.

every marine goes through basic combat training right after their 10 days of leave after boot. thats prob why. 50 something days of pretending to be a bad ass.

You have to be mentally and healthy physically healthy to be in. Plus there's a bigger risk of dying.

anal rape

Like I said if they're full up on the job you want they'll send you in to do something else. Marines are the only branch that doesn't gaurantee you your MOS. Every other branch does.

Makes sense to me, thats normally how it is in most sf groups as well. Only people that brag about being sf are either faggots or not actually mil fags

It sounds to me like you may want to look at national guard.
It has a lot more benefits than the army including:
Education paid for, training and certs in jobs, ability to deploy but have a life in the civi world, and lots others
Plus you pick your mos before you go to swear in. Worth looking into.

well fuck me sideways.... i really dont want to join the army....not for any particular reason, other than the fact that it doesn't seem to have the prestige attached to it.

Generally guys in SF units or special operations in any branch are the most chill about what they do. Cool thing about the army is once you're a corporal with a deployment under your belt volunteering for sf is pretty easy. Especially if you come from a combat arms background although it's not required. And you can keep retrying selection until you make it or give up.

Not sure if sarcasm but I'm gonna shitpost anyway. Other (better?) jobs could be Cav Scout or a job that directly would help get a job in the civilian world. Try maybe intelligence or mechanic. We are killing for more intel analysts right now, pretty easy way to get top secret.

If you're looking for prestige then the luster will wear of quickly after awhile in the marines. If you join the army wait a few years until you're an e4 with a deployment then volunteer for sf selection. If you make it you'll be a bad mother fucker and won't give two shits about prestige even though you got it. Or try and transfer into the 75th Ranger Regiment. Getting into sf selection is much easier though.

no, i was genuinely interested in blowing shit up for money

non combat army guy reporting in

everyday i like to say "the army will be the dumbest thing i'll ever do for the rest of my life"

"i miss doing real things"

have fun with artificial problems, pulling 24 hour duties, pulling weeds in basic training and AIT

everything is bulllshit

not op but also interested in military, ive always considered the corp (family) but also been considering army
ill graduate college with political science degree at age 20 or 21, so i should still be able to enlist. physically i can bench 205, i can run a 5k in around 23 min, i can do around 20 pull ups, and when i took a little test at recruiting office i got 98 percentile (wasnt the asvap idr what it was)
realisitcally id like to do sf, either airbore with rangers or something like that, but active duty is what im looking for, what would be good for me? especially since ive got the degree and all

Lol Cav scout

Aight awesome. Yeah man combat engineers are like infantry, but even more "out in the front lines" I guess. Their job is to clear paths for the infantry and armor. Also obstruct enemy movement (land mines etc). It's pretty cool

I'll take a pass on that shit.

dude, anything but infantry

I'm an infantryman in the army, if you enjoy being in the woods for a month and a half straight for a field exercise, then by all means. That means no shower, MRE's, and being stuck with them same 9-12 fuckheads and not being able to get away from them. Then you get back just to sit around and clean shit, instead of your command releasing you so you can take a god damn shower and change.

just do yourself a favor and go into the air force or the navy

>not for any particular reason, other than the fact that it doesn't seem to have the prestige attached to it.

this is how they fuck you. they make you think you're more of a bad ass than you are, while you have to do more with less. it feels great at first, but after you get put in your unit, it feels really bland.

Lol my little bro is cav. I make fun of him all the time but he has fun. And I'm intel so it's not like I can say too much.

sounds tite. im still border line having no purpose to my life so im still considering it. im 20 and i have an interview at aldi on thursday for a full time job. just got off seasonal at victorias secret. havent even been to college. loser tier

Engineers set up folding chairs during events and serve chow. Gtfo with the glorification, he's not a Sapper.

Honestly man the army isn't for everyone. Look at some of the other responses. But goddamn it helped me. I've loved my time in so far, and it's improved me in lots of ways

why does everyone make fun of cav scouts?

Go for an 18x Special Forces Candidate contract. Don't go option 40 (airborne ranger) if you can get 18x. You meet the qualifications as far as ASVAB score (make sure your gt and co score are high) and age (between 20 and 30). College will help a little. Option 40 contracts for 11x (infantry) are hard as fuck to get. You'd have more luck trying to transfer over once you're in. 18x guarantees you a shot at sf selection. Making it is up to you. If you fail you'll be sent into the infantry and you can try again later on.

right on. all life's about dude

You have never served. I can tell. The Army encourages individual thinking you fuckwit. The machine idiot thing is a stereotype.

National guard unit near mine blows shit up literally every drill. I know it's not the case every time, but it is occasionally. You're right though- nobody should join a combat arms MOS unless they love putting up chairs and tables.

This. If you never served you'd think otherwise but this guy is right.

'Cause their job is useless in a modern military lol.

I think mostly it's the gay "accessories." lol you get cowboy hats, sabres and spurs. They think they're the best, some don't like that.

i posted earlier starting with "non combat army guy"
and i can confirm this guys comments

If you have something going for you in the civliian world, DO NOT JOIN THE FUCKING MILITARY This place is fucking cancer

If you don't have shit to do, go for it i guess.

My only problem with the army so far is that I find more professionalism, more team chemistry at place in online video games than I do in my entire experience in the US Army. This includes: boot camp, AIT, a couple months in the motorpool. I know it's what you make of it but still. I was expecting a great community, a great family , one team one fight right? I dunno :o Maybe i'm delusional. Maybe real life is this poor and unserious— Or maybe i'm a true supporter. I'd like to note that I'm fine. I just wanted to share what really gives me an itch conflicting to why I joined in the first place. I know I have options but meh I really am getting old (mentally) for all this. I've been with sophisticated teams at the age of 14. I'm 25 and I've downgraded myself

The only truth I've seen in this thread.

Amen. I was thinking the same

What's your MOS?

lol completely true. I just wanted to join the army because I wanted to actually be a soldier, not a civilian who wears camo

92A i made one big ass mistake
117 gt, my coworkers have like 90 gt

whats an 18x? and would option 40 guarantee me airborne ranger?
sorry man i know a bit about military but especially when it comes to contracts i know nothing. im committed to making it and i know if im in im going to give it my all and see how far i can take it, training and mental grit hasnt ever been an issue before and i hope to keep it that way

in what way?

Well you can always switch jobs later on right? Is there anything you like about the Army? I ship for OSUT on the 17th. Gt score was 116. Picked infantry. Plan is to stick it out for a few years and volunteer for sf selection.

I've always been really impressed with the Ranger Regiment. If you are up to the challenge consider trying out.

yeah reclassing is possible and i have a few options in mind

I read from the military personnel message from HRC that you have to be at your first duty station for at least 1 year before you can attempt to reclass

SF and psy ops actually emailed me but given that fact that they emailed me makes me sketched.

and this whole army life is really not my style, never felt right holding a rifle. its like what the fuck difference is this little musket going to do for the world

how can i make sure i dont get a black drill Sergent? i don't get along well with niggers.

>never felt right holding a rifle
pussy

18x is a special forces candidate contract. It sends you through airborne school, infantry school, and SF selection. If you don't make it through selection they send you into the infantry and like I said you can try again later. Option 40 guarantees you a shot at airborne ranger. You go to airborne school and then go through RASP (Ranger Assesment and Selection Program). If you pass that you get into the 75th Ranger Regiment, get your scroll and tan beret (not the same as ranger school which gives you your ranger tab but most guys in the 75th eventually go to ranger school). Getting an option 40 for infantry is difficult which is why I said you'd have more luck transfering over later on (My cousin did that. 3 years in 10th division then switched). Your recruiter will try to talk you into being an option 40 cook or some shit but if you want to get your gun on don't let them talk you into it. 18x is easier to get as far as availability.

I'll give you the be all end all advice right here man. Join. Go active. Go infantry if you want but strongly consider other mos's. You'll still get to do infantry shit. I was field artillery and I thanked God every time we DROVE past infantry. They'd be walking in full gear like 20 miles. Fuck that unless you really want to. Go walk 20 miles right now and see how you like it.
If you don't, it's only four years. It flies by pretty fast. You'll meet cool people, do cool things, see cool things, and go cool places in between the bullshit. Then get out if you don't like it.

that seems to make sense. i have an appointment with a recruiter in a few weeks, ill ask about all that when i can. ive got a family friend that used to be ranger i could ask as well.
thanks man you really helped me out here

What do you have in mind? I thought it was 2 years but I haven't even gone through basic yet so what do I know.

For me eventually getting into SF is a personal thing. Don't really care about making a difference in the world. The fact that they emailed you sounds strange. Why not follow up?

not to sound like a smart ass, but since im a poorfag and dont own a car, i walk everywhere and dont mind it.

>tfw used to work in a restaurant
>used to walk 16 miles round trip
>was often on feet from 9am-11-pm or later
>the walk was like 2 hours
>did this 3-5 days a week depending on what events were booked.

ive gotten pretty used to being on foot for long amounts of time. (not the guy you were responding to btw)

No problem. I shit for basic on the 17th and have done a ton of research. Talk to your family member. My cousin joined as an infantry recruit serving his first 3 years in 10th mountain division. Then he requested a shot at the 75th and they gave it to him. Was a Ranger for a few years, then after going through selection twice made it into SF. Even if you can't get what you want right away don't give up. It's all attainable. Talking to him helped me plan out my path. I didn't qualify for 18x or an option 40 contract because I have a GED. I can only go that route after being in even though my scores were on point. Same as my cousin so I'm not too worried. Good luck brother.

17C is my #1, aligns with my career plans
My field artillery unit is soooooo stupid, soooo damn stupid that I'm almost willing to consider special forces or psy ops just to get out of this dumbass place and be around more motivated, more intelligent personnel but it comes with more risk which im not sure if i'm all about that life.

but they do email within the ranks, if you possess a secret clearance and the proper line scores, you'll be on their list. they need numbers apparently. (aka dangerous)

if you dont mind me asking where or how did you do your research? thats one of the biggest obstacles to me signing up is its really difficult for me to find info on what im actually getting or how to get where i want to go, and of course the recruiter is going to say whatever i need to hear

Sounds like psy ops would be more up your alley than sf if you want to be a 17c. Infantry was a like a runner up pick for me. I dropped out of highschool to start working when I was 17 and got a ged. 18x contracts require you come from a tier 1 school so I couldn't get it. Same with Option 40. No big deal though. My cousin went in with a ged as infantry for the same reason and eventually went on to be in the 75th Ranger Regiment AND sf so I know it's attainable if I stay smart and focused.

going to see a recruiter on Wednesday. heres the story.

>at party last week
>cocked as fuck
>message friend on fb whos serving
>i wanna join
>a few mins later at like 3am a recruiter added me on
>accept request
>pass out
>wake up in the morning to a message with a time to meet her at her office.
>we message back and forth for a little while
>asks me a few questions
>she looked through my shit and saw im a huge guitarfag
>tells me to bring one

why does she want me to bring a guitar?

Talking to my cousin. The internet. Don't worry too much about the recruiter talking you into shit just stay smart and know what you want. If you can't get an 11x (infantry) option 40 contract don't let him talk you into being an airborne ranger cook. If I were you I'd insist on an 18x contract since you meet all the qualifications. And if they can't get it and you don't want anything else walk away. You can always come back later for a better deal. What's most important is that you're happy with what you got so don't settle if you don't have to. A plain old infantry contract was my last option and because of my tier 2 schooling I had to take it. Once I'm in it doesn't matter so I'm hopeful (did my research qualifications for sf selection include having a g.e.d for enlisted personnel so I'm good there).

Because recruiters will butter you up and pretend they give a shit about your future. Go talk to a male recruiter who's infantry and they'll bullshit you a lot less. This pog ass bitch will convince you that being a cook isn't as bad as it sounds if you're a ranger lol.

Sounds like you have a good plan/vision for yourself unlike me when I wanted to join. Good for you, man. Even though I never had a good experience as a "Person other than Grunt" since day 1, I still believe there are some great units, people to be found.

For me, like 99% of the people I met were hooligans, goons, had no understanding of team work or team chemistry. I mean, they literally have 90 GT scores. But if that's your plan , go for it man c: Something like SF, that requires 110+ gt, secret clearances, SURELY can not have as many idiots as my artillery motorpool.

I'm sure I'll meet my fair share of dumbasses in the infantry but I know where I want to be and how to get there. Do you think your MOS attracts the types of people you described for some reason? Good luck on moving on to greener pastures brother. At the very least you know where you want to be now and can use the time you've had in so far as a learning experience.

Shooting 120mm projectiles from a 65 ton tracked armored vehicle is neato. Doesn't help in the civilian world, but fuck it. Tanks are cool and there is always something to do.

I wish. shes pretty good looking.

i figured. im kinda hoping its but i know its not true

Def not true. When you enlist you sign a paper that says you won't have any personal relationship of any kind with your recruiter. No sex. They can't loan you money. You can't gamble with them. etc etc. Don't let your dick cloud your focus on your future lol.

If it's your duty to kill then there is no bad karma, but instead good karma because you are doing your duty. Thats what the Gita is all about, one of the main Hindu scripts written by those who lived by the law of karma.

If you hate your own existence just become a Army MP like I did!

Karma is bullshit get your gun on bro. If you feel bad that's on you.

Yeah, but he could dick her without her being his recruiter.

hes being honeydicked

dont do it user go bust a nut before you go see her again/before you enlist then see how you feel

Doesn't work like that. You really think she's luring him into the recruiting station for sex? lol.

fucking *honeypotted

At least you can take a lot of naps mr po po

Once your in for a while that shits not gonna matter to you as much. You'll be thankful when your eating good food, getting decent overseas duty stations. Not freezing your balls off on some base in Montana

No. Just saying that it is a possibility for the betterment of mankind

If you want to do something whit your life, and not just being af walking dead that just do some random work and dont give a fuck about ppl getting murdered and starving to death down south. Then go join.