Review embargo reportedly extended to tomorrow (Monday), which is the UK release date...

Review embargo reportedly extended to tomorrow (Monday), which is the UK release date, AKA the latest they can possibly push it back to.

Is there any hoow left for this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
youtube.com/watch?v=a7ho3Bcl9fI
youtube.com/watch?v=AvwxLjpouGE
blitz-cinestar.hr/ugostiteljstvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how do they make people honor the embargo?

>Review embargo

i can't believe this shit actually exists

By blacklisting them from future pre-views.
Also if word gets around you break embargos other companys will blacklist you on principle.

EA and other vidya companys do the same thing in order to control video game journalism.

and reviewers don't band together and refuse to put up with that shit? I guess they're all low self esteem losers who are easily replaceable

Yep, you need to tow the line when you work a job that so many would like to have. Its not tough work, you just need to be able to remember parts of the film and add that to a semi-coherent review.

>all low self esteem losers who are easily replaceable
You mean it took you this long to realise? Film (and game) reviewing is a joke of a profession for the most part.

Is the UK the global premiere?

>Refuse to put up with
They get paid to have opinions on media.
They lose their easy job if they bitch.
Every job has rules, are you a child?

They've already talked themselves up into such a big game about stupid man babies and social issues that no matter what is going to bomb. They have the convenient excuse of blaming said man babies and any legit review will be ignore, even if the movie ends up decent. They've gud their own grave and everyone will forgive Sony when Spider-Man comes out.

>everyone will forgive Sony when Spider-Man comes out
I'm pretty sure people will be sucking Marvel/Disney's cock (even more) instead.

i don't have a job why are you bulliying me do you get off on bulliny pgople on the internet you fat fucking pig

>This easily triggered.
You want to go elsewhere.

wow... can t beleave you fell for it all..... it was all an act... and you fell for it. idiot

I believe so. Once the movie is released somewhere, there's no point in a review embargo since anyone who sees it can tweet about it.

|youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

>I was only pretending to be retarded
Uhuh.

Damn guys, how am I going to find a place to sit here in London?

You were? lol makes sense now

>Review embargo reportedly extended to tomorrow

Source?

>Doesn't grasp greentext usage
Go back.

Who are you quoting?

Just google ghostbusters embargo extended. I'd post a link, but slant-eyed moot's system claims my link is spam.

Is that for the first showing on the global premiere day? Lel

Kek. Here's the 20:00 showing at the Edinburgh Vue tomorrow (green seats are available).

Any other UK anons want to check their local kinohouses?

It's the second day, which is the first day it's showing in full-sized screens in Leicester square. On the Monday it's only showing in tiny screens, presumably because the main odeon screen is the legit premiere with 'stars' and whatever.

>I guess they're all low self esteem losers who are easily replaceable
well.
Exactly.

Is that a group booking, or do they not sell that block of seats in the middle? Looks odd.

They are clearly booked seats, are you retarded?

The phrase is "toe the line" you goofball

I'm not 100% certain, but that block is often greyed out whenever I book a movie, I think maybe they have a policy of holding some seats until the day of the showing?

Actually, they might be premium seats or something.

It's pretty strange that a whole block is neatly booked.
Maybe they're earmarked for people with passes?
Which would mean only three people have bought tickets (kek)

Fuck I knew it was going to be bad but not this bad.
I can't wait for the Feig drama in Twitter.

What fucking cinemas do you go to with all of those weird occurrences?

First showing at my local IMAX theatre tomorrow at noon-ish

So nine people have booked (plus the 2 blue spaces it suggests I reserve)

How new are you?

What's even the point of the embargo? Obviously it doesn't matter for people who don't research reviews before choosing a movie to go to, but those who do won't watch it anyway since the company is obviously trying to adorn its pile of shit with a thin veil of ignorance.

What happens if a publication breaks the embargo?
Does the studio no longer send them screeners? Do they stop taking out ads in your newspaper?

it's the only one near me with an aviary

And the subsequent 6pm screening.

i.e. the people who probably have jobs to go to

Ah actually you're almost certainly right, there is a premium option.

>His cinema doesn't have an anvil section
Life must be relaxing in the countryside

Those are the best seats, those are always booked up when I leave it to late to book ahead.

The system doesn't let you leave a single space next to you because they know nobody will want it, you have to leave at least two spaces if you are going to leave any and couples always swoop on them because like I said, they are the best seats.

>his cinema doesn't have premium seating

What third world shithole are you from?

I still am excited to see it

>Premium seats
Is this a new meme?

Pretty much all cinemas in London that do seat reservations have a premium section. The cheaper ones might not, but those are full of chavs and black people who yell at the screen, so I avoid those.

>all those single seats booked in isolation

LeL

Eight seats gone at my local. I can't be arsed to screencap.

Yeah that's why I chose the 8pm, I figure that would probably be the busiest screening as it caters for people who A) have jobs and B) want to eat first.

Blacklist them from any screenings

What in the ever living fuck is premium seating? Chairs with pillows on them? It sounds like something stupid found in Amerifatfuckistan.

I'm from Backwards Croatia we have VIP seats up top with like a table for your food and shit.

Guyw, I have one of those unlimited cardsnand pay £18 a month for it to the cinema, if I were to watch this shit my money wouldn't go to Sony would it?

Slightly wider and comfier seats, placed centrally at an optimal distance from the screen. How poor is your country that you don't have them? I thought they were commonplace

>oh look at me. I'm from a poor country and I don't get nice new theaters built in my area. Look at how superior I am

Shit not only that we have special Gold Class only screenings where you sit here and you can actually order food and wine.

What is this premium part about though? What makes the section premium?

This is Gold Class seating in Croatia. They even have a special room only for gold class users.

There's an art house cinema like that near me, sofas at the back and they sell wine by the bottle. Comfiest kino experience of my life.

Here a comparison.

Leather Seats, Little Tables. You're dead center on the screen height wise so you're looking straight while the plebs below you need to look up.

Then again VIP seats cost only 1$ more at my cinema.

Wait you can choose a seat?
Can't you guys just sit wherever?

The jews sure know how to ripoff a sucker. It's a cinema, not a hotel.

But I suppose there's one you you born every minute.

Yet more proof that the movie industry is terminal. This is it now boys, get used to it.

Couldn't be bothered to do any more, because this is just sad.

>I'm proud of watching movies in a crowded shed with a CRT television against one wall

Is anyone in this thread honestly excited to see this movie ?

youtube.com/watch?v=a7ho3Bcl9fI

Is this your cinema pajeet?

youtube.com/watch?v=AvwxLjpouGE

There are only those two IMAX 3D screenings at my theatre tomorrow.

The 8pm standard screening is the busiest but earlier standard screenings are all about the same as those two IMAX ones

No, it's a reservation system. Means no rushing in to get a good seat.

Here's what the average Everyman Cinema is like here in the UK. They usually have a bar and food though - I guess that must be outside at this one.

We don't have tompay extra depending on where we sit, you get the good seats if you book early, fuck knows why you need the table, are you really stuffing yourself with so many snacks that you need your own table?

The only special seating we have at my cinema is for the chairs with the hydraulic s in them so you jump around as the film plays, mbut they are a waste of money so at most you will see two people ever using them.

That looks comfy as fuck

>By blacklisting them from future pre-views.

How is this even a thing for movies? It's not like vidya, where you may need a head-start, because you have to spend a week on actually playing it, to write up a review. For movies it's just going to your local cinema on release night, endure the movie for 2 hours, then drive home and write a review for the very next day. Where's the advantage of a prescreening, when you don't allow any advance writeup? If it's about building up hype, then the movie industry is the party that needs to suck dick of the review crowd, not the other way around.

Do you go around sniffing the seats after people leave?
I would

That's, what, 30-40 seats taken? That's honestly the busiest we've seen so far, by a margin

>Premium_shit_eater.png

No, we want to watch it burn. It'll be the most entertaining thing in history.

Well yours is the busiest so far.

I'm not planning on going. I might rewatch the first one tonight.

>fuck knows why you need the table
>He holds his white wine / champagne in his hands all the time in the cinema, warming it to an unpleasant temperature
wew lad

Sounds like a decent system

This looks like alot of fun

We're excited to watch it fail after the production team behaved so terribly by attacking us and James.

Well these cost only 1$ and all the other ones are 5$ so this is 6$

Well to be fair our cinema sells a shitload of snacks.

Nachoes and cheese on a tray, thern they have mega shit like a shitloads of nachoes with 3 different salsa sauces and cheese...

They sell tons of shit.
blitz-cinestar.hr/ugostiteljstvo
Just google translate it.

>the chairs with the hydraulic s in them so you jump around as the film plays
Ok, never heard of that one

Considering it's the only cinema in a town with 170,000 people.
It's still not super impressive for an opening night.

How can they do this exactly?

A youtube chanell is called HURTR DURRTZ MOBIZS

And a guy named Kurt Russle goes to the theater, they have no way to know whos who in these cases. I guess they do if the viewing is reviewer only or something.

But all these screenings people went to were basically invite your friends pre premiere with no names or anything attached to your ticket.

It's not like Video games where they send you an early review copy to your OWN email address and know where you live.

You never had that 6D cinema seat exprience bullshit.

We had one it had like fans, hydraulics and whatnot. They even experimented with smells.

Just went back and selected premium seating for this screening, I can confirm that the grey block is all premium and not a single seat there has been booked. Literally three people are going to this.

The Milton Keynes Cineworld has the UK's only 4DX screen (chair hydraulics, water sprays, smell, smoke, lights).
I went to see Jurassic World in 4DXX and it was sick

I could never bring myself to drink at the cinema. I know it would make me piss like a supersoaker and really ruin the experience.

I supposemmaybe with a whisky or other strong spirit I could avoid that, but what film would that even improve the experience for? Allmof the modern comedies are unfunny American shit so no amount of alcohol would improve them.

Yeah, I'm surprised they had +1's allowed.

>it was sick

You have to be 18 to post here

If you went to Ghostbusters you could drink yourself into a coma

Thankfully, other people don't have weak bladders like you.

If i had a 'No fun allowed' pic, i would post it.

>he's afraid of having a drink

In the western world, cinemas have toilets in the corridor, so you don't need to piss where you sit

This movie must be so funny they are terrified it could actually hurt people from laughing too hard. Theater owners are having to get extra insurance to protect them if there are riots because too many people are going to be trying to buy tickets just to be turned away because it will be sold out for weeks.

not him, but every second you spend pissing is a second you're not watching the film
and i don't know what backwards-ass country you live in, but over here the projectionist doesn't pause the film everytime someone goes to the bathroom

good enough
ty