Is there any possible way to join the Australian Army with a criminal record?

Is there any possible way to join the Australian Army with a criminal record?

Other urls found in this thread:

sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2016/07/08/turbaned-sikh-face-diversity-australian-army
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends how severe it is.

If it's some petty crime you should be alright.

I'm desperate

you might try bein an aussie first.... id say try the french foreign legion.

Look at it this way, if you can get a gun licence with your current criminal records you should be allowed to get in.

My friend's brother had a series of drunken assault charges and got in, so you probably can too.

-break into premise and commit indictable offence
-stealing
- bad driving history, though no drink driving

see other post, dont know if you would class them as sever

Chances is zero op. The australian goverment service has zero tolerance on convicted criminals.

she'll be right cunt

am i aussie enough now

Yeah you could join, speak to a recruiter or some one over the phone and ask.

this is calming to know, thankyou

never tried, figured with my record why bother, so not sure

thats what i've been told many times...

Depends if he convicted, maybe he had a probation period with no criminal record.

Never mind, turns out getting a gun licence is harder haha, I reckon you'll be right.

well the only reason i say ya migh try bein an oz first, is im in th states an cant join for booze charges.. so its lookin like the draft or ffl fer me!

this is exciting, not gunna get my hopes up too much yet though

I'm looking to join too, so good luck man. :)

this is true

thanks brother, you to

what were you charged with

If you have a non violent record then you might have a chance. Society hate violent offenders.

alright, what was the sentence

I dont think so. I cant get any fucking decent job

My bad, not OP.

Recruiter here.

Don't even bother.

What does it feel like working at mc donalds?

3 years probation, done in 1 month
and conviction recorded obviously

please be real with me man, are you legit

Just give it a try. You never know mate. Whats the worse they going to do? Say no? At least you tried and perhaps they'd offer alternative ways or some shit like that.

yeah you're absolutely right friend

There's a shortage in some military careers in Australia right now, they might let you join in something that they're desperate to get people into.

Toilet cleaners in huge demand but you can work your way up.

Made me laugh haha

lol shit

literally

At least you're, if you are OP that is, looking for a job and trying. Some dole bludging cunts just sit there and moan how life isn't fair while receiving money they didn't earn.

yeah man, i can't stand this, i've always wanted to join ever since i was like 8 years old

fuk those lazy fuks, the worst ones are the ones that think they are entitled to it and gets the shits when they have to spend too long on the phone with centerlink

Just try op but be honest about your record with the recruiter. The goverment knows everything and aussies love giving people second chances.

I keep telling people. Centrelink is MEANT to be difficult to deal with. Its meant to be underfunded and hard. Because you're receiving FREE MONEY from OTHER PEOPLE and as a tax payer myself I say, "don't like it? get a fucking job or fucking study to get one".

Good luck with joining the army mate. Honestly, I did 5 years myself in the Army. Just talk to the recruiter about it. Be honest and I'm sure they could work something out.

your replies were appreciated, thanks man

yeah definitely not going to hide anything from them, looks worse off if they catch you out on something = untrustworthy, no chance, i'd imagine this to be the case anyway

>Is there any possible way to join the Australian Army with a criminal record?
Don't you need one first to get to Australia?

Wish you best op. People can make stupid mistakes in their lives but doesnt mean They're bad people unless you're a violent offender.

kys thieving coon cunt, nobody wants you

ya, thats what dad said...

Not really in peace time,

if a real war kicked off they wouldnt give a shit

repent for your past mistakes by repaying society with service to your nation!

Don't worry op, i knew someone who got busted stealing but end up with a great career working for a fortune 500 company. Just learn from your mistake.

more or less exactly what happened to the oz

Isn't an outright no, so give it a go

fuck this hits my feels
>new years eve
>17 days out from enlistment day
>speeding driving home to watch fire works in time
>get charged with speeding and evading a police officer.
>call recruiting office today to let them know and they cancel enlistment
>mfw living in the country with no job and suspended licence for a year
>mfw I have no face

ay, at least you got us, and to french foreign legion to look forward to
t. ameridumb in ur shoes, cept with real nigs

Any actually dumb cunts get into the aus army?

Just do a fucking YOU day and they'll tell you everything dumb ass

Yeah kisic.

What corp were you going into?

have you tried google you fucking dumb retard?

Why not just go to a recruiter and ask? Like, there may be circumstances where you can get character references to show that you've reformed or something. Just give it a crack.

It's pretty unclear.

is there any way to get into australia without a criminal record?

MPs I bet

Be a Muslim or African

What's unclear i'll clear it up for you

Yes if you're a war criminal

On their website I can understand OP's confusion.

ADF doesnt want drop kicks and fuck ups. Try woolies.

air force, just out of year 12 was about to go into a gap year program. But after my court date I'll reapply for either rifleman or combat engineer

Okay so different jobs have different rules so if you have a charge related to driving you can kiss amoured corp goodbye. If you have a record of violence or disobedience infantry probs won't want you, anything drinking related you could take yourself around it and drug charges you have no chance so what corp are you going for

Oh they knocked you back coz your an airforce soft cock. Yeah i'd try again once all you fines are paid and you got your licence back and you'll probs get in. But they should let you in if you remain persistant. Inf is pretty shit but you wont get into armoured with your record, i got a mate who's a sapper and fucking loves his job so nothings easy here but if you can get in its worth it. Pay's alright for someone your age, i started straight outta yr 12 too, and it still took me 2 years you get accepted into basic. When i got to basic i was one if the only ones with a car licence so if you get a motorbike licence that should be a gateway around it.

cheers, yeah i wasn't as keen on the airforce as it was my second preference behind rifleman but took what i could get. I'll be looking to get a motorbike licence but I'm not sure ill even be allowed to get my learners for the next year of suspended licence. since I'm rural without transport I'm even more motivated to enlist no matter the pay or conditions

Yeah you should be right, best thing you can do is get a job i'd suggest like a tire fitter or labour (something physical and manly) and that will really help you too, goodluck mate

> basic
Kapooka.

who would want to get into that pussies' club who dare to call themselves an army?

People who like hunting turban heads

turbanheads like this?
sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2016/07/08/turbaned-sikh-face-diversity-australian-army

Im in the army, special forces as well. Trust me the things o do my my missus kid, there is noooooo way they would keep me lol
If you want a good bs reference, email me jsherwell93 at gmail dot com

is it possible join the australian army being brazilian?

A number of yeard ago I was an officer candidate about to finish uni and had been asked if I wanted to go submarines in the Navy after I went through first round testing and the colour blind test. Got my medical questionairre and booked and sttended psych eval. Then my record came back.

You will be asked by the psych officer if you've ever been arrested. This may or may not happen before DFR gets your record from CrimTrac. In my case, the record showed up same day.

Psych flat said no. End of story. I had a record for offences when I was 17. No violence. No sex. All dishonesty. No conviction recorded. But pretty serious fraud type stuff.

I stayed at uni, got 3 more degrees and don't regret not signing my life away.

Your revord will be spent after 10 years (you need to look at the federal regs on spent convictions, the state regs are not applicable) at which point, if you don't fuck up again, unless you're chasing something with a sec clearance, you can get in as they can't take the record into account.

If you want to try your luck now, be prepared to take an enlisted job which is in high demand. Don't bother trying to go Navy CD, its got a ton of applicamts, same with SF direct entry. Also, you need to show what you've done to rehabilitate yourself. Not just court ordered shit. Go volunteer in the community.

Aussie recruiters are lazy fucks. After you get interviewed in the early phase by uniform personnel it'll be civvies handling your file until the end.

>>get charged with speeding and evading a police officer.

Beat it in court if you can, then it's not a problem. PENDING charges are a problem. Innocence, not a problem.

Hahaha. Bullshit. Got a mate who worked in DIBP in management. He had a serious assault beef which wasn't spent.

I know I cant.Got done counter fitting 20 dollar notes.I can get a gun again next year but not join the military.My uncle assaulted his wife drunk and hes all good 5 year later.Running around with a fucking Winchester.

Dude, why 20s? Are we talking colour copier? The 50's window is so much easier!

Less sus running around with 20s than 50s mate.Got away with it for ages.Where talking proper printers the kind they use in officeworks that cost 15 grand

So what did you cop for utter? You would've done time if you'd been tied to the manufacture. Are we talking you got caught with one or multiple?