Post essential early 2000's kino

post essential early 2000's kino

terrible extreme sports action movies, nu metal soundtracks, anything dated as fuck etc etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mxoVMuWkluA
youtube.com/watch?v=aOHPq2Rx4lg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I haven't seen it but you described what sounds like Rollerball.
It even has Slipknot in it.

you're a big key

That movie for me was when I realized all blockbusters are shit.

This starred Adam Scott, star of Torque.

XxX

I used to love this movie when I was 12

god this movie was terrible

Terminator 3 scores pretty highly on the 'early 2000's' index in my opinion.

>tfw this looks good in comparison to genysis

It's equally terrible, just in a 2000's way.

>Bland instrumental score? Check
>Brancato/Ferris script? Check
>Statuesque unstoppable female villain they forgot to write as an actual character? Check
>Awful prototypical CGI by ILM everywhere? Check
>Terrible, bland design and aesthetic choices? Check
>Appalling attempts at 'humour'? Check

Crank is legit 10/10 tho

fucking kek I gotta see this looks just what im looking for

DOA
First bluray I ever owned

this looks pure kino

>sexy bitches
>stupid jokes
>Eric Roberts
It's the purest of pure kino, friend

K I N O

>Chainsaw to groin
>Ryan Reynolds Ryan Reynoldsing
>Funky card tricks
>Inappropriate scenes of an Asian kid hopped on Ritalin with a boner
>Mr. Las Vegas
>Lesbian snipers

00's at it's core

The physics of that move was ridiculous.

Holy...
He really is in everything

That symmetrical thigh gap is perfection

webm related

That was one of the few things it had in common with the game

Sarah Carter is an underrated waifu

Equally terrible my ass, that truck chase alone makes it better than genisys

>tfw watching Lost Girl and a wild Eric Roberts appears as Hades, the main character's father

>b-but Eric Roberts isn't even Canadian what the hell?

>He's not Canadian, but he's Eric Roberts. That's explanation enough

Oh lovely! First I wondered what the non-fictional snowboard video was doing here.

Genisys is good compared to 3 and Salvation.
No titty monster-gimmick. No ensemble cast. And it answers the age-old question about how it would look if two super-humans fought each other.

Totally unnatural. (DESU, 3 has some unnatural fight sequences, but Genisys does it better.)

No. I say no to you, your post, your opinion, your life.

No.

>tfw wondering if people will look back and laugh at the 10s like we do past decades, but then remember that the 10s are already fucking terrible and cringy right now where everything is capeshit or a reboot or a capeshit reboot

is this movie worth watching for the "plot"?

So you really *like* 3 and Salvation? BTW, didn't you see Chronicles? In one episode, it's pretty much explicit that two from the resistance comes from separate timelines. Slightly different, but still separate.

Therefore it's pointless to argue about timelines nor making sense of the Terminator-franchise.

And Salvation pretty much fucked it up at the end when the cyborg was persuaded into sacrificing his life for Connor. He would have let him died and declared himself the new Connor.

Always a possibility, but superhero films are more traditional than you may think.

>plot
You're looking at it bro

>will people look back at shit like avengers being regarded as 'quality' and laugh

wow i wonder

No. I think Genisis is worst than them, but I don't think they're good. Only 1, 2 and some of the series episodes are good.

>defending genisys

you asked for it

>humans instantly know everything about the Skynet time machine
>why not send back Kyle earlier? why would John think anything needs to happen the way it happened? or did the events of T2 not happen to him?
>Kyle lived for 10 years or whatever in regular modern US society and doesn't know what a waitress is
>John tells Kyle to tell Sarah le epic callback line that makes no sense unless you already believe the story to convince her, doesn't just say to tell her something personal only a son would know
>Dr. Who chooses this exact moment to attack and not at any other time to win the war happening in this timeline, he even lets Kyle go back in time
>Pops and T-1000 know the timetravelers from the original timeline will be exactly where they are even though they establish later this timeline can change and does so dramatically and even if its some autism where the change has to happen before the point of time travel Pops and the T-1000 just being there at all is a huge change
>why not just snipe the T-800 as its arriving through the time bubble if they know exactly when and where he's coming?
>why didn't the T-1000 just kill Kyle as a child if he knew Kyle was coming? they're clearly linked in this timeline as Kyle tells his younger self to remember something he now remembers
>why does the T-1000 not at least get there one second before he does if he knows exactly where and when he'll be?
>why does the T-1000 pretend getting shot in the head hurts him and fall over for a laugh? why does he talk to him first?
>why does the T-1000 let Kyle run out of the photobooth unmolested? why pretend to be a mirror? why not just run up and stab Kyle at any point?

>how can the T-1000 control the evil T-800 when it got it's power cell shot out? what's powering it? the blob of liquid metal we're clearly meant to think is only controlling it as it seeps into its CPU?
>why not seep the giant spear into Pops and control him? what happens to that spear? they melt it off screen and its not dangerous?
>why does the T-1000 stand there pretending to be Kyle and not just rush her? why cant it fake a gunshot?
>the acid that can melt a T-1000 doesnt completely fuck up Sarah when it drips on her arm?
>why does Sarah have zero emotional reaction to finally terminating the killing machine that's been hunting her all her life and murdered her parents?
>why does she act like she is some snarky cool experienced terminator slayer when shes never fought one before this and has simply been running from the T-1000 all her life? wouldnt she be even more hardened and paranoid than in T2 since shes been living on the run since she was a little girl?
>Sarah wants to time travel into the future to... have LESS time to defeat Skynet?
>they don't want to leave behind any future tech in the past... other than the time machine they were all going to take to the future
>would they really set up the trap for the T-1000 in the same place they have their time machine?
>naked Kyle gets hit by a car going 60mph and is fine
>Pops misses the deadline of a time travel even he himself fucking programs lazy fucker
>Sarah describes the T-1000 seeping into the fucking rowing boat she's in with her dad and he has time to give her some dramatic parting symbolism while up to their ankles in a liquid killing machine

>why does she describe the cabin blowing up and then we see Pops with a rocket launcher? did he blow up her mom by accident and played it off like it was the other guy?
>why does Kyle think terminators are some expert social engineer manipulators when hes only ever seen shitty ass T-600s that kill you as soon as they get near you?
>how did J.K. Simmons even get a good look at Sarah?
>why does Sarah point a glock at Pops?
>what's John's entire motivation here? why is he talking to his parents as if he is offering them an amazing new life philosophy when all he's saying is let Judgement Day happen and hang out with me?
>why would he do any of this? has he just been driven insane? mind controlled? why's that compelling characterization at all? John was a fucking faggot in every single timeline but this takes the cake
>are nanobots meant to be the next step-up in terminator technology? I had presumed since T2 that the liquid metal was just nanomachines
>why the fuck does Sarah still think this is a closed-loop timeline? when like fucking 6 different time travel events have already changed it?
>why does Sarah point a glock at John?
>what the fuck does John mean he thought Kyle would understand? understand that becoming a smoke monster from Lost is worth exterminating humanity for?
>Sarah and Pops can build a working timemachine with 1984 technology by themselves but John can't build one in 2017 with the most powerful tech company in the world at his disposal
>why does John start quoting T1 as if it applies to him in any way? he clearly still experiences human emotions but is claiming to be like a terminator?
>why does no one seem to be in a rush or scared in this movie? why do they stand around talking to Pops when John is right behind them?
>why would they think Pops is a shapeshifter? why would they ask that as if he wouldnt kill them or at least stand about telling them the date and then kill them?

>cant John fly? why does he need a vehicle? why does he dress himself like a biker?
>why is John under the bus? why not phase through it? has he never tried out his new powers before?
>how the fuck would they survive that bus crash?
>why is some component in a megaphone so magnetic that it hurts John on the same level as an MRI?
>why doesnt Pops extract them on the way to the police station? why wait until John is there?
>why does John execute all the other cops watching the interogation? he hasnt exactly been covering anything else up well
>why does Sarah waste time telling shota Kyle her weird straight line thing when his parents could just carry him out the building?
>Pops doesnt kill any innocent people by blowing up a huge petrol tanker
>John reports a false alarm after a fucking helicopter just crashed outside his building as if that's a good cover up
>why is Skynet acting as if it has any moral highground? "I'm just trying to kill your entire species calm down senpai"? couldn't give it a few lines explaining it's philosophy?
>why are they walking about at a casual pace when John is obviously coming after them?
>Skynet or John didn't notice Pops working in the facility or putting Sarah's info into the system?
>John's making T-1000s for some fucking reason in the same room as the time machine for some fucking reason
>John has some stupid stand off when he knows for a fact Pops cant detonate the bombs, why wait for Kyle and not just rush him?
>why doesnt John just phase through Pops and shred his CPU?
>IF GOING IN A TIME MACHINE KILLS JOHN THEN HOW DID HE TRAVEL BACK IN FUCKING TIME?
>the liquid metal becomes a T-1000 from having Pops blown and magnetized to fuck and back CPU fall into it inside his skull... right... great excuse to have another actor play him in the sequel that wont happen

>Kyle lived for 10 years or whatever in regular modern US society and doesn't know what a waitress is
that's a bullshit point. I don't remember the exact reason anymore but judgement day got pushed back, that's why the younger Kyle lived in a normal society until Dr.Who activated "genesys".
Old Kyle didn't live in the genesys timeline so judgement day happened earlier.

It was a horrible Hollywood copy of Macross Plus

>So you really *like* 3 and Salvation?

The T600 in Salvation looked amazing though.

>black guy's daddy gets killed breaking the law (illegal street racing)

>black guy discovers than it's this other black guy who's really his daddy but took off

youtube.com/watch?v=mxoVMuWkluA

Absolute kino

what an unpuffy vulva, fucking dropped

>supersonic turbine-plane having trouble keeping up with some fucking v-twin cruiser.

i fucking hate hollywood logic

he was using naws brah

Go back and watch it again, the CGI in that scene - especially when the truck flips - is terrible even by early 2000's standards.

absolute kino

The DareBatman oops Daredevil soundtrack has a lot of numetal music.

Speaking of, Mission: Impossible 2 is absolute kino.

I'm not even being ironic about that, it's easily one of the most stylish action films of the 2000's.

youtube.com/watch?v=aOHPq2Rx4lg

I remembered it was on bootleg dvd labeled as 3 Fast 3 Furious

the director wanted to make it a parody of Fast & Furious but the studio hated it so it's kind of a mix of straight FF knock off and parody. I think it's really fun.

>mfw 2000's were 50 years ago

Genuine American classic.