No fucking clue where to put this so here it is

No fucking clue where to put this so here it is.

Calling all españoles, I need a decent Spanish film to write about for college. Literally anything as long as it's in Spanish. I don't want any bullshit rom-com like I've seen everywhere, some decent sci-fi or mindfuck films would be appreciated

>inb4 gringo

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YGJ_jPKOj1c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

timecrimes

you're welcome

REC.
Absolutely amazing Spanish horror film.
youtube.com/watch?v=YGJ_jPKOj1c

El orfanato good thriller a few jumpscares

the gringo

'Fin' 2012. Rating isn't great, but scenes from this will stay with me forever.

Magical Girl
Indie movie that dont get much repercussion, but its fucking awesome

the torrente films

First REC is great.

abre los ojos

El secreto de sus ojos, great argentinian movie

Assassins Creed.

El laberinto del fauno

Amores perros.

Chrono crimenes.

Sex y Lucia.

And my personal favorite,
Habla con Ella.

Continental Spanish, Central American Spanish, or South American Spanish?

Fuck yes, the movie is brilliant all the way through, especially the ending. Also, it's argentinian-spanish so fits on what OP wants even more.

taco the movie-o

Action Mutante or anything by Alex de la Iglesia .

y tu mama tambien

Slumdog millionare

"el laberinto del fauno" or "ay carmela"

Sleep Dealer. Wrote an essay about this movie last year for a pretty tough writing course. Got a good score, especially because my prof. liked the movie.

relatos salvajes is an interesting one, a collection of short stories with a common theme.
Mientras duermes is also pretty cool and pretty well made.
Sin Nombre if you want something extreme

It's a sci-fi btw.

Celda 211

Check out intacto! It's a Sci fi film about people who do underground challenge betting with luck as the currency. Super cool, max von sydow is the bad guy.

If you wanna do something easy just do Pans Labyrinth or anything by Guillermo Del Toro, he's the most mainstream spanish director so there'll be heaps of information available online to help you write whatever you need.

Alternatively is a great recommendation

Pan's labyrinth

[Rec]

Pans labyrinth is pretty good

"La habitación de fermat" is one of my personal favourites. Rec and Magical girl are great but the last one has one of those endings you cant get it out of your head for days

Torrente

Would do if we weren't already doing that for a different piece of work. That's pretty much the only film that we can't do cause we're doing it in class

Anywhere. If it's in Spanish it's fine

Pan's labyrinth.
Soldados de Salamina.
Ay Carmela!
Any Almodovar's movie.

OP here again, that's weird, I literally picked up a copy of sin nombre to try tonight. Thoughts?

Well it's pretty intense from the get-go, definitely not a funny movie. Though the story is quite touching and the cinematography is well done. Worth a watch but not the kind of movie you'll want to re-watch too often.

La comunidad, it explains very well spanish society

El Topo

The Young and the Damned (1950)

Los olvidados (original title)

A group of juvenile delinquents live a violent and crime-filled life in the festering slums of Mexico City, and the morals of young Pedro are gradually corrupted and destroyed by the others...

this actually a good movie

El día de la bestia
Acción Mutante
Los Santos Inocentes
La Escopeta Nacional
El Pico

El Laberinto del Fauno, El Orfanato, Mamá... Anything from Guillermo del Toro will do. Plus, you will enjoy the movie.

La virgen de los sicarios (Colombia)
Y tu mama tambien (Mexico)
El chacal de Nahueltoro (Chile)

Juan Of The Dead.
Funny as fuck Cuban zombie comedy.

I saw el día de la bestia some weeks ago and its great.
A priest starts to do evil things to get in touch with satan in order to stop the apocalypse

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesis

Idk if someone mentioned this one but Amores perros (Mexico) its a pretty good one

Write something about magical realism and Guillermo Del Torro

Op here. Cheers for all the suggestions, got a few good ones written down after looking at a bunch of yours on imdb

Have a pepe for your services

great sci fi
great zombie horror
great thriller
comedy gold and the best IMO

there's all you need to watch, seriously, the rest are probably very bad as spanish filmmaking is usually terrible

Check out El Norte.

Yes, very good movie

La Montana Sagrada. dope ass trip of a movie