ITT: God-tier albums

ITT: God-tier albums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I2icCGpPOMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S1poFkCG2NE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How about back to back AOTY 1977 and 1978?

This is now a GOAT Power Pop thread

Contributing

I like The Cars, but why is this album showing up on Sup Forums so much these days? Was it featured somewhere?

All 3 of these may qualify for their respective AOTY

some may disagree but on of their best.

youtube.com/watch?v=I2icCGpPOMQ

One guy probably posted it, others who had never heard it before listened to it, they post it, etc etc

Man that is such a fun album. Just grabbed it a couple weeks ago and hadn't listened to it before. Moving in Stereo is such a savoury opening to a song.

>moving in stereo
"you know how cute i always thought you were"

Holy crap. Another person who mentions Zenyatta as god tier.
This site will tell you Remain in Light is the best album of 1980. I disagree. Zenyatta is slightly more accessible, every bit as danceable, and every bit as creative as Remain in Light.

>Holy crap. Another person who mentions Zenyatta as god tier.

"Their logic ties me up and RAPES me."

Okay

Grails - Redlight, 2004
Some guy on Sup Forums here shared this album on a thread some time ago and its been my favourite band ever since, with this being my fav album and ive come back to share it with others every now and then

As far as record collecting goes, it's an essential bargain bin treasure. I have like four copies because I keep finding them at thrift stores and don't want them to get thrown in the bin lol

It's a really well engineered record in terms of sound quality too; one of my favorites for showing off the system

>motionless gif
fuck you

Been seeing this album on here a lot lately. Can The Cars be Sup Forumscore niw?

>gif is moving in mono

Man i wish my thrift stores had such good record hauls. I live in a trendy contemporary city and hipsters pick it clean. Last I checked was a bunch of Bill Cosby specials, shit christmas classical and beegees

I think they are

That's the way it is everywhere now :/

Don't forget the Barbara Streisand, Kingston Trio and Herb Alpert lol

good album. Top 3 faves off of it?
Mine are:
-Until the End of the World
-Acrobat
-Love is Blindness

Hey motherfucker, I love my Kingston Trio records. I've only found one.
youtube.com/watch?v=S1poFkCG2NE

my shitposting of this album has worked

i

Hey, guy. I've been the one memeing this album for the past year here. Can we meme it to the top of the RYM list too?

Not even meme it

It is a very good album

I wasn't dissing, they're just really common. Visit socal and you'll be waist deep in them.

Not the guy who originally posted it but I agree, it's pretty great, especially for U2. Top 3:
>One
>Zoo Station
>Acrobat

Original poster. Hard for to quantify favorites off of it. I pretty much adore the whole thing. Couple that with the fact I saw it performed live during the ZOOTV tour. I didn't own the album then but bought it the day after I saw ZOOTV. It has been my favorite album since that day.

There sure are a lot of dull also-rans shitting up this "The Cars" thread.

>in utero

Anything by The Menzingers.