This is a thread for countries that were at some point the most powerful in the world

This is a thread for countries that were at some point the most powerful in the world.
>Invited: Egypt, China, Greece, Italy, Iran, Mongolia, Turkey, Spain, France, Britain, Germany, United States
>Double Uninvited: Russia

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_great_powers#Latin_Christianity
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TjQthiKfnng
youtube.com/watch?v=5bX4mO_xNAE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Callixtus_III
youtube.com/watch?v=xS0Ic8ep1lI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geuzen
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reporting

Sup

>Canada
Your biggest accomplishment in war is holding off America long enough for Britain to do all of the rest of the work.

reporting in

Italians belong to Germanic cock

Yes hello.

let's not forget the Korean war

Why isn't Portugal invited?

When has Portugal been the most powerful country in the world?

Why aren't we invited?

You expect far too much from OP amigo.

Hello my powerful friends

We wuz kings fucking amerishart

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_great_powers#Latin_Christianity
Well, turns out that not even the Anglo wiki considers them so. I truly believed Portugal was stronger than England and Castilla during its peak.

And they liberated us, after you guys left us to starve.

>Italy
Italy is not the successor state of Rome just because Rome is located in present day Italy

That was when?

>medieval
1400's and onward isn't typically considered Medieval.

>germany

That's just the name of the wiki article.
Pre-1500
I don't know exactly when to say it started, by I know that Spanish hegemony, during the Italian Wars, marked the beginning of the end for Portugal.

>germany
when was this exactly

I'm guessing he meant to say "Germanics" (meaning all Germanic countries) instead of "Germany". After all, most of the countries mentioned in the list - Egypt, China, Greece, Italy, Iran, etc. - were originally Germanic.

medieval is from 500 to 1500

In ww2 and ww1 Germany alone was de facto most powerful country in the world. But in both cases US surpassed it in the midst of the mettle.

>most of the countries mentioned in the list - Egypt, China, Greece, Italy, Iran, etc. - were originally Germanic.
I feel like I'm missing the joke

You're a retard, there is no joke. Egypt was ruled by white Nordics (Nordic = Germanic). China was heavily influenced by Nordics and is essentially a Nordic civilisation. Greece, Italy and Iran are obvious and I shouldn't have to explain it to you. Try reading up on Atlantis.

>I truly believed Portugal was stronger than England and Castilla during its peak.
The Duke of Cadiz could raise a bigger army than the king of Portugal pal

Portugal lost 5 wars against Castile and won 1. They were never the most powerful in the Peninsula

Still managed to kick your ass whit those few.

Portugal won 1 war against Castile and it was mostly against a Leonese army which doesn't really count. Castile won 5 wars against Portugal

never change please

Ok but we got to India before u n held more colonies across the globe, also we were more well connected n had more gold than u had silver.

>Germany

When?

>Germany

You were doing okay until this

By who exactly is not consider that? By you?

And we were better at killing Saracen.

By the time we had tanger n ceuta.
U were still leaving whit moors in Granada.

You forget the country that controlled the world trade for years.

Shit thread.

alri

It's about military power, Jan.

>we were better at killing Saracen.
Nope. You just piggybacked Castile after the crown BTFOed muslims in the most decessive battles (Simancas,Navas de Tolosa or the conquest of Andalucia) that is why Portugal got poor land while Castile got the wealthiest lands from the Moors.

dey was explorin da world n sheit before it was cool niqqa

We destroyed Spain and England

The Durch were never a world power. You couldn't even be a sovereign country without the aid of France and half of the continent.

italy is to rome what a pug is to a wolf

You didn't. You got bailed out by France when you were about to lose the war. After the conquest of the Palatinate and the defeat of the Swedes at Nordlingen the Dutch were fucked

France and England had to work together to defeat us.

You're just butthurt about losing against a small swamp

>taking down several empires and having the whole world at war with you
>twice within 30 years
>holding out for 4 years each time
>70 years on, be the most influential country in Europe

germans truly are the master race

>Ok but we got to India before
Yes
>u held more colonies across the globe
Spain had colonies in 5 continents. Portugal in 4 if you are generous
>also we were more well connected
Nope
>n had more gold than u had silve
Never.

Well can they do this:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TjQthiKfnng

>France and England had to work together to defeat us.
France destroyed you alone
>You're just butthurt about losing against a small swamp
We lost against a continental coalition. The Dutch were not even the most relevant country in it

WE
youtube.com/watch?v=5bX4mO_xNAE

Very happily reporting in
Sorry for exploiting the pikes while they were OP, good thing they got nerfed with the firearms expansion. Not too good for us but eh

At least you are the Papal States unique unit. That has to count for something.

When we we're at our peak, the French didn't destroy us.

You lost against us. You lost the Netherlands. You had an amazing empire, but a few swamp people managed to kick you out and it even costed your world power status.

[Citation Needed]
Hollands brave Willem van Oranje had Spain in his pocket lmao.

>Habsburgs
>being good at war
>ever
We too know the joy of kicking Habsburg ass

why did they 180 on the Humanitarian superpower prestige bonus by giving a big unrest malus?
this is horrible, please revert to the third millenium vanilla patch...

Be Spen.
Get Papacy only cuz u allow Italians to be degenerates in your realm.

But the Dutch were losing and France had to intervene. In land the Dutch could only win some sieges butwere always defeated in battle. It took the French and the English to win some battles in that war
>When we we're at our peak, the French didn't destroy us.
Yes they did

And so? All those countries are nothing compare with what their ancestors did, with the exception of US.

Italy is the direct successor of Rome. Stronger or weaker makes no difference

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Callixtus_III
>yfw the most degenerate Papacy was a Spanish family

[Citation Needed]

William lost multiple times and had to flee to England

Be Portugal.
Send A Fucking Albino Elephant whit Indians parading the all nine yards.
Get the pope blessing.

Can't win 'em all, Paco. Meanwhile you literally got cucked by people we refered to as "water beggers" (=water geuzen).

CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

Why u still talking to the swamp heathens???

>Be Spain
>Get cucked by a couple jews living in swamps

We also made it the furthest inland on D-day, liberated the Dutch which unlike the Americans we aren't constantly bragging about and we took Vimy ridge something no one else could. I'd say we have a few war time accomplishments to be proud of

>Imagine u had tow more siblings, and wile u were exploring t world having new relationships, they were instead have incestuous sex, now they could have followed ur example but they prefered to by nasty siners so let them share the fault don't just accuse one of them...

Dude Willem got royally fucked. He started with the support of all the provinces and ended up just having Holland and Zeeland after losing every single battle

It appears that once again people have the wrong view of our nations history.

The difference between Spain and us was that we didnt rely on a huge armies doing the work because we simply didnt have that. We relied on good business deals and sanctions. This way we could force other countries into doing the fighting for us.
There is a reason why we're refered to as ancient jews.

In what way are you "ancient" Jews? I think Swampjews or Marshkikes is more accurate.

That works too.

boggy swamp merchant

The only reason u are even remotely relevant was because D.Sebastiao died in battle whiteout leaving an heir thus allowing the Felipes to usurp our reigns n dragging us for a unwineble war against u.
Also u were fuckings pirating our shit u were the Somalis of the pass.

>let me tell you about your country
lol

>1572
You know the war lasted from 1568 to 1648 right.

>the Netherlands took England with a fleet twice the size of the Spanish armada
>won against an invasion force from England, France and Germany at the same time
>won against an invasion force from England and Russia at the same time (with the help of France)
>won against Spain and the Holy Roman Empire

butthurt dutch ruins another thread

>hol up
>we in a war
>dies
>we are in war boi

When the war began there was no such thing as a Netherlands. Just some random provinces of a larger state. If we had lost the war we wouldn't exist.

>be in war
>fuck woman
>have child
>child fucks woman
>have child
>child fucks woman
>have child
>child fucks woman
>have child
>child fucks woman
>have child
>still in war

Yeah its called "THE Middle East".

In fact, in 1572 there wasn't even such a thing as a Dutch army. Just some angry civilians.

Nobody considers Italy a successor state of Rome. There are at least 400 years separating the end of Rome and the founding of the kingdom of Italy. And that's only if you're one of those people who still calls Byzantium "Rome", if you're talking about the Roman Empire in the way most people think about it then there is an even bigger span of time between the two.

youtube.com/watch?v=xS0Ic8ep1lI

ayyyy yo kill whitey

>Portuguese build a fort in India/Indonesia/Malaysia/Brazil
>the Dutch attack it
>Portuguese send troops to save that fort
>the Dutch just go attack another one

It was like whack-a-mole

10th century Iraq is a candidate

If Italy can claim Rome then can Iraq claim Sumer?
Can ISIS claim the Caliphate?

Excuse me this is kind of irrelevant but you seem very knowledgeable and I'm trying to help my dad figure out ancestry stuff. Can you tell me how you would know if someone was Dutch or if they were Friesian?

He posted a map of 1572 intentionally, because then the real revolt started. With the capture of Den Briel by the Seabeggars (pirates). After which everyone slowly started siding with the rebels.

They are like the perfect antagonist.
We create trade routes they robbed us.
We discover gold they create stock houses to take it way.
We leave next to morocco n weed is illegal they make billions whit MDma

>In the Eighty Years' War, the Capture of Brielle by the Watergeuzen in 1572 provided the first foothold on land for the rebels, who would conquer the northern Netherlands and establish an independent Dutch Republic.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geuzen

Kek @ all those "idaly not rome, muh version of history, MUH OPINIONS!"

Let that asshurt glow through baebby

It's not though.

WE WUZ, WE IZ, WE WILL BE forever

STOP

>Double Uninvited: Russia
Why so rude John, we wuz Czars and shiet

>invited: Italy
AYO HOL UP
SO YOUZ VE SAYAN
DAT WE WUZ ROMANS N SHIEEET