m.youtube.com/watch?v=e-P5IFTqB98
astro.uchicago.edu/cosmus/projects/UCLA_GCG/smaller.gif
casa.colorado.edu/~ajsh/schw.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=8nHBGFKLHZQ
bigthink.com/think-tank/we-may-be-living-inside-a-black-hole
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_singularity
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they're not black

They don't actually exist, they are mathematical constructs that cannot form in our physical universe

that image is bullshit no lensing at all

its a meme

left wing jewish conspiracy propagated by marxist millenial furries in the BLM movement

back to with you

They are hellgates. Fueled by sodomy from the other side. That's why it's a hole.

l would say back to /x

What do you want to know about them

They are dyson spheres gone wrong.

do they exist?

Yeah but he's obviously from /sci/ because over there literally everything is a meme

no

yes

They are remnants of the previous universe that didn't roll down the donut cosmos.

they are the jews of the universe - they take everything but give back nothing

they're african american holes, you fucking racists

Watch this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=e-P5IFTqB98

It's really educationale suitable for beginners

so what is in the centre of our galaxy?
astro.uchicago.edu/cosmus/projects/UCLA_GCG/smaller.gif

read everything on this site casa.colorado.edu/~ajsh/schw.shtml
and on the new site that it links to

More prone to criminal activity than white holes.

Sagittarius A*

Spacists*

and why we cant see it?

kek

we can see radiowaves with certain instruments

black hoes
not holes

but...
black holes
definitely nut holes

A construct that is similar to a black hole, but that does not actually have a singularity because singularities cannot form in a finite amount of time. Everything that we have in the universe that are "black holes" are just approximations of them, probably black holes in the process of forming, but they will never actually form because that would take forever and therefore there are no actual black holes.

fuck em, i call it as i see it

Fuck, I was about to post this. I love this channel

youtube.com/watch?v=8nHBGFKLHZQ

topkek

as you should, user. as you should

It's a lot like your ex's vagina. Everything comes in and nothing gets out.

Yet they do

They are holes. They are dark. They Fuckyouup. You be smushed.

Save Hawkin's radiation that gives you lateral amyotrophic sclerosis instead of cancer

No they don't see, see

is it possible that we just haven't found the ones in our galaxy? or they are too small to matter? i thought spaghettification would make it so you could fit through any black hole no matter the size? or is it that they don't have the "suction" i guess to properly send you through?

they dont really suck they behave like stars
they got a certain mass and thats the force they are "sucking" with

Stick to the old theories before the new ones become proved. Scientific method biatch

What the fuck are you talking about? This isn't about whether or not we found them, this is about the mathematical implications of Einstein's theory of general relativity. Singularities (which is the center of a black hole, an infinitely small, infinitely dense concentration of mass) take an infinite amount of time to form. So either black holes don't exist or Einstein is wrong. But everything we've tested suggests general relativity is correct so the former is the more likely at this point. The size of the black hole is irrelevant, no black hole of any size can form. So what we likely have in the real universe is something that is on its way to becoming a black hole. But it will never actually be a TRUE black hole in the Einstein sense of the word. That being said, they are still objects of immense gravitational power and so affect surrounding objects similar to how an actual black hole would

Another thing... Even if they did exist, nothing actually ever goes into a black hole from outside perspective. Time is dilated heavily by gravity, meaning if we threw something into a black hole, we would just see it getting closer and closer to the event horizon but it would never actually cross the event horizon because this would take an infinite amount of time. From our outside perspective that

You don't see them forming because light lasts an eternity to reach you, but in their wrapped space-time they already exist (traveling in time to the past beyond the event horizon becomes possible, so they exist in the past too)

Scientists followed the movement of around 15 stars orbiting the Galatic Core over a period of several weeks. They found that the stars were moving quite literally millions of miles an hour. These stars were much bigger than our sun, they did some math and calculated that only a super massive black hole could fling big stars around like that.

Your just being a stupid nigger.

Are you retarded? I'm talking about the conclusions of Einstein's general relativity, this isn't a "new" theory. The mathematical implications of the singularity taking infinite time to form is something determined in the early 1900s when the paper was realized, long before we actually had any evidence of "black holes" existing. As I said, no physicists actually thinks the real black holes predicted by general relativity exist, we just call the approximations "black holes" since explaining all of this to the general population would be a rather futile and annoying exercise

so how do we know that a black hole is forming? what's a good guess to how long it would theoretically take to form one? and how would you arrive at such a conclusion? also thanks btw seems like you know your stuff and i appreciate you taking the time to answer some of my dumb questions

You have no idea what you're talking about

Maybe you should actually read the thread you fuckwit

Theoretically a black hole with a singularity (aka a true black hole) would take an infinite amount of time to form, according to General Relativity. Trying to explain how that conclusion was arrived at mathematically is way beyond my ability but feel free to Google it.

The reason we know a black hole is forming is because the object in question behaves similarly to how a real black hole would behave. But since real black holes cannot ever form, it is only logical that it is probably one on its way to becoming a black hole. It could be 99.9999% of the way there, but it will never actually become one.

For an external observer

sounds so crazy that something could be 99% complete and we would never be able to see it or interact with it or have a way to know that it's even there. quite mind boggling

Correct, which in this case is the rest of the universe. From the perspective of the black hole, it will form in finite time, but an infinite time will have passed in the universe, which from a logical standpoint isn't really feasible to consider so I don't really care to mention it. Anything that takes an infinite amount of time to occur is pretty much worthless in terms of considering how that would play out because it won't, it's just mathematical rambling

There's lots of ways we know it's there, mostly by gravitational influence on surrounding objects, but also by radiation from the accretion disk surrounding the black hole. And theoretically black holes emit Hawking radiation, although detecting this would be virtually impossible.

Regardless, it is very mind boggling to consider which is why I find it so interesting

True, but saying "that thing" is 99,9999999% like a black hole, but it isn't a black hole would be like saying that 1 =/= 0.99999999999999999

I'm not going to enter that debate

The Core is ultra dense and crushed onto a very small point so that the gravity around it is so powerful it can even attract light to it, it is almost like a core of a star still trying to fuse anything it can so you still get radiation expunged from it but no light, its kind of like a neutron star where the core of the start is left behind and is so dense a spoon full of it would weigh an incredible amount, so basically the idea is they are formed from ultra massive stars who's cores have just become too dense, as we know old stars were much larger than newer stars and as it sucks things into it, it becomes even more dense, although i have a theory that speculates that eventually when it has drawn in enough matter the amount of gravity gained wont be enough to keep it all stable within it self and it will explode into a new big bang aka Big bangs are formed from black holes.

we're actually inside of a blackhole

look it up

bigthink.com/think-tank/we-may-be-living-inside-a-black-hole

Not at all the same, because we're talking about the formation of a singularity, an infinitely dense point of mass. What you're saying is that something really really really really dense might as well be infinite, but that's wrong; it doesn't matter how high the figures are, comparing a finite number to infinity can never happen, because no matter how big it is, it will always be infinitely smaller.

Of course, if somebody just mentions in conversation that NASA discovered a black hole I'm not going to debate over semantics, but we're discussing precise definitions here, which is why the topic of the thread said "redpill me on black holes".

It doesn't attract light, it distorts the space so much that light traveling in a straight line ends inside of the black hole, no matter in which direction it is traveling

>although I have a theory

Oh boy...

the black hole actually has a gravitational pull so strong that light that travels close enough to it begins getting bent around the event horrizon or even sucked into the center

This shit again...

Light travels in a straight line in a non-euclidean space into the black hole

Light can be bent off its course, this has been proven many times and even seen in nature, gravity is a force that is also capable of bending light.

gravitational lens if i remember correctly

gravity bends and warps the actual fabric of space-time - not so much the objects themselves, but the literal universe

You are still reaching the same conclusion even though you don't realize that gravity doesn't affect light in a newtonian way

Newtonian physics
- Gravity is a force that affects objects with mass

General relativity
- Gravity distorts spacetime and everything traveling through it (light included)

and yet there are other ways to bend light which is my point, light can be bent and a black hole is bending light upon other things, i don't understand why this is up for debate.

gravitational lensing is when gravity bends space in such a way that light we would not normally be able to see can be seen because the path it is taking is now curved in our direction where as without the gravity it would not have gone in our direction

light travels along the curvature of space-time actually, so not technically a "straight line"

From a local point of view, it is a straight line
Externally, it doesn't

Both things are correct

black holes don't bend light, black holes bend the space around them which light then follows into its event horizon

it isn't up for debate, black holes bend space not the light itself.

think of a piece of paper...draw a line on that piece of paper...that line is light....now hold that paper parallel with the ground...pretend your foot is a black hole and bend on half toward the floor....the light did not bend...the light stayed on its course...the paper (space) bent

where does gravity come from? is it simply being a mass that spacetime curves around? am confused

no one knows where gravity comes from or even how it works

is it waves? is it particles (graviton?)

does it exist as one single force throughout a multiverse?

no one knows, its still just "the theory of gravity"

we know its there, but not how it works. Kind of like evolution. We know its a thing, but we only have theories on how it works

do you ever step back and think it bends both the light and the space? i am not denying it bending the space around it, i am telling you it is also bending the light aswell and we know bending light is possible so why are you debating that the light doesn't at all get bent from any source including a black hole just the space around it gets bent, everything around a black hole is being bent, it is that dense, but you guy's can go on believe what ever you want, its not a difficult concept when you actually understand it instead of getting information confused out of a book.

>The "Black Hole" is an event horizon.
>Event horizons are formed from mass or energy being compressed below its schwarzschild radius.
>The "singularity" is just the geodesics all pointing to the hole.

Basically the black hole is literally a hole in spacetime and you're retarded.

something like instead of the core of the earth pulling us towards itself, it's actually the fabric of spacetime pushing us downward. but that gravity releases if you can break through the atmosphere? idk

The only other way to "bend" light is refraction, and that requires matter to begin with.

the way its mostly explained is, when an object is dense enough or in simple terms, heavy enough, it begins to bend the space around it sort of like if you put a bowling ball on a trampoline and then objects get pulled towards that point, there are many points that are dense so things begin to sort of pull around them selves, i speculate the waves are essentially echos from the bending of points in space which will either push or pull objects that receive the waves.

gravity is a force and just like the other 3 forces (electromagnetic, strong and weak nucleic) it can be broken

we need those massive rockets to "beat" gravity and escape its grip to leave earth's atmosphere.

you can pull apart two magnets yourself if they are small enough

and nuclear bombs are all about breaking the nucleic bond/forces between atoms.

but for all we know, maybe it is space pulling us down....we really only have theories on how gravity works.

ever notice on a hot day when light begins distorting or when you are grilling? yeah black holes give off energy and even matter, look at quasars, anyway i'm done here, have fun.

that has to do with light refracting through the atmosphere man

they are nigger stars

Good luck seeing that on the Moon (even though the moon has a very very very faint atmosphere)

guys like you are the reason that i keep coming back here. actual help and information among the chaos. hats off to you

protip: they aren't holes, they aren't warps to some other galaxy. They are just objects like any other - made of matter. The only difference is that these objects have mass beyond a certain threshold where weird things start happening, like light not being able to escape. Nothing magical or wormholey about them. Just objects.

niggers create them when they move to YT's
neighborhood and immediately bring down
property values

>a hole in spacetime

Right, because that makes sense. Black holes are not event horizons, that's retarded. Black holes HAVE event horizons, just as event horizons exist in many other places in the universe that don't involve black holes. Black holes are the singularity at the center, just because the name "black hole" refers to the area defined by the event horizon doesn't mean that's what it actually is. I never said event horizons don't exist, I said black holes don't exist. Because a black hole is a singularity, and singularities cannot form in finite time. As I said before, physicists agree that actual black holes as predicted by Einstein do not exist, we just use the term for practical reasons

Except at their very core, beyond the event horizon, all their mass is compacted in a single mathematical spot, with no volume at all.

they're big holes that are black, what more do you want?

Black holes are defined as such because of their density, not mass. A black hole with the mass of the Earth would be the size of a golf ball or something like that

they're actually really tiny single points of dense material

/thread

Said scientist observed the stars and the blackhole's effect on its surrounding, not the black hole itself. we can only suppose they exist although we have no way of explicitely demonstrating they exist.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_singularity

Interesting read

>Right, because that makes sense.
It makes sense if you're not a degenerate animal.

>Black holes are not event horizons. Black holes HAVE event horizons.
The event horizon IS the black hole, because that's what it is, a hole in spacetime. Since it's a hole in spacetime, and space and time is relative, it makes sense. You have your shit backwards because you're an ape. Go watch Duck Dynasty, Normie.

And then you realize that impossibility of detection equals non-existence.
Things indeed disappear if thrown into a black hole, simply because the redshift becomes infinite, hence detection becomes impossible, hence the schwarzschild radius is reached because it IS the border of detection itself.

Also, what appears as a black hole is the schwarzschild-radius itself, and it manifests itself whenever a mass collapses below its very own schwarzschild radius.
Simply put, whenever the gravitational pull of a given mass reaches ( possibly even exceeds) lightspeed, a black hole is formed, making the detection of objects inside and on that specific radius impossible, hence "rendering" any such object non-existent. What stays is it's former mass, but no method of pinpointing its position inside this radius is possible, hence it's a "mathematical" singularity.

If you were speaking about particle singularities themselves, you'd be right. But you don't. You mix up mathematical and particle Singularities with the Schwarzschild radius, postulating that somehow black holes can't exist based on that retarded convolution of terms, even tho we can detect and observe Black Holes.
Hence your argument is invalid.

Have a nice night.

You are 100% fucking wrong, they are holes in spacetime.

Why is the hebrew backwards?

no they're actually not

Woah there is nothing inside dude woah like we don't even know dude black holes woah dude

>all this retards in this thread that don't know that black hole (a sun with such a high gravity that doesn't allow light to come out of it) and worm hole (no one knows what exactly it is) are entirely different things

I blame the movie Event Horizon.
And No Man's Sky.
Fuck No Man's Sky!