Sup Forumsros

Sup Forumsros...

i just came home and my ball python was dead.

after examining him, his mouth was full of the substrate in his tank and his intestine next to his cloaca was swollen, as can be seen in the pic. maybe his kidneys

can anyone tell me what possibly could have happened? he was alive yesterday and ate a few days ago :/

rip little buddy

Other urls found in this thread:

reptilesmagazine.com/Care-Sheets/Snakes/Ball-Python/
youtube.com/watch?v=NINvmLQYhDQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

don't know what happened, but rip snake bro

my condolences. now do something fun with the corpse for the Sup Forumsoys

Hey, Sup Forumsro. What substrate are you using so we can iron out the possibilites?

Have the substrate mouth problem with my boa. Symptom of respiratory infection. I am sure, and taking steps to cure her.

Respiratory infection kills many snakes

Close up pic?
Condolences.

got an axanthic too? thats sad, sorry to hear it.. maybe he swallowed a good bit of the substrate and got impacted. use papertowels or reptile carpet if you get another one

RIP in pepperoni to your snek, Sup Forumsro

thank you brothas

this is the subtrate

:/ you can see it in his mouth

i don't think he was too hungry and ate the substrate maybe?

Probably got jealous of all the trouser snake you put in your mouth.

Yeah, Cocofiber isn't good for alot of snakes since it can get lodged and become hard to pass through. Avoid sand, shavings and peat bedding.Also, never use any substrate containing cedar!!

I use Aspen bedding for all of my snakes.

reptilesmagazine.com/Care-Sheets/Snakes/Ball-Python/

It won't be the substrate. The blue scale colouring and the swollen belly is just the beginnings of decomposition, it's not a symptom of whatever killed him. Let me think for a moment...

Is is the substrate lol.
>snake sees mouse, lunges misses, gets mouth full of dirt, can't pass, dies.

I don't suppose he was weezing/ clicking/ frothing at the mouth before he died? Or keeping his head raised above the ground to better breathe. I'm still thinking it might have been unnoticed RI that just got to him. On the other hand, ball pythons are such finicky eaters that a snek 1 day from death would only rarely eat

snake... Snake... SNAAAAAAAKE?
Rip Snake, sorry for your loss dude.
I had a snake and my sister replaced a shallow bowl with like a big ass bowl of water in the tank and my snake drowned itself so... I feel u man

damn dude. i feel bad for the guy. he was so docile

probably this dude. my roommate always fucking vapes in our house when i told him not to

I've kept many sneks on almost every type of substrate barring cedar/ other toxic shit. Never have any of these sneks impacted in 10+ years. Frogs did it almost constantly though.

Also, if it was impacted, it wouldn't be in the mouth now.
I could be corrected though. Cut it open and see if it's full of substrate.

Sry for your lose bro. r.i.p. Snake bro

RI is more of a snek "cold" than getting something from a mate vaping in the house.
The lungs gunk up with mucous shit, the little fella has trouble breathing and the nose becomes an almost solid mess. It's not good. No.1 cuse of death in pet snakes.

I have my whites tree frog using coco fiber, I did have my fire bellied toads use it too until I switched to spagnum moss. Both are very healthy. I only had problems with cocofiber with a snake who barely lived from impaction.

Fuckin snork'd! 2 thumbs up your ass!

>cheaped out one time and bought some bottom line shit tier coconut peat
>feed frogs
> next day entire colony of green tree frogs are dead.
It killed some whites too, but I quickly changed them to what I was using before.

Depends on the brand I guess.

thanks bro

damn dude. i feel bad this was my first snake and i could barely keep him 6 months. i definitely did something wrong but not sure what

lol yeah, I usually talk to a vet before I put stuff in my tank.

How many whites were there?

Greens*

These pythons are very finicky eaters and not tolerant of temperatures they cannot handle. Worst of all, they do that ostrich thing and hide any signs of illness for as long as they are able- it prevents them from looking like weak prey in the wild. What's your temperature setup?

Fuuuu man this was like 7 years ago. Not kept frogs for a long time now. I know I had three or four whites, one of which was killed, and the greens... there were quite a few, They were still very little. Adorable things. Maybe 10 or 12 or so?

Damn, you must've had a big set up, How big was it?

Not as big as you'd think tbh. One of them 45x45x60 exo terras for the whole colony. It was aesthetic asf though. Properly lit and decorated and mounted on a spare bedside table. Much nicer than some stupid ornament. There's a corn snek sitting in it atm.

heating pad under his hide and a uv light

i thought something was up with him yesterday actually, here's a pic of how he was chilling

i posted on Sup Forums asking what could be wrong and everyone said he's probably just being weird

Sounds hella nice, I adopted a single large female whites from petco, the only one in the entire ugly cage. She's very happy although she likes to hide and doesn't climb on the ropes we provided her.

> asking Sup Forums to figure out what is wrong with their pet.

You don't deserve to own a pet.

>implying everyone is as useless as you are

That he ate the substrate is a symptom for me. Maybe he had probs with his inner organs or he was hungry. how often did you feed him, which water do you give him ?
What is in the water you give him ?
With what do you feed him ?

Pretty poor comeback.

I think it might be protozoa infection or a parasite. How do you feed the snake, was there a time where the meal got warm for extended times ?

he didn't eat for about a month (i think because my roommates weren't thawing the mouse properly) and ate a fuzzy about a week ago

usually when he was hungry or something was up he'd go crazy in the tank and try to escape but he didn't do it this time

i just gave him tap water but i read all dangerous additives to it would evaporate before he accessed it

External parasites are usually easy to diagnose, though immature stages of mites may lie dormant under scales or just inside the eye cavity.

Snakes are simple things, any sign of weirdness is usually a sign something is wrong. I went a week giggling at what a silly silly my constrictor was being, since it spent almost every waking moment trying to keep it/ head motionless in the air.
And it turned out to be RI.

I can't see from the pic what is unusual about your one's behaviour though. It's not rolled up in a ball? Could you elaborate?

Whites are the frogs of kings. Wish I could get me some more but circumstances don't allow currently. I would be wary of purchasing anything from money grabbing pet selling chainstores like petco though.

tbh i think it had an infection, and because of that wasnt eating well and wasnt active.
Could have another cause thought. im not an expert.

bye snek

he looks fat in it first of all, and he was moving around a lot between the hide and outside, so i was thinking it's a temp problem

his ass is really swelled up, is that definitely post mortem?

and then when it got really sick and realized its going to die it tryed to eat something because of the weird feeling in his stomach. the day before it was probably beginning to die because his body couldnt fight the infection anymore.

It was a very careful buy. We got her for cheap. 13 bucks, she was the last one and they didn't want to restock them with more until she was sold. She was very healthy given her tank setup in the store. She's actually sitting on my shoulder as I type.

Won't be what I thought originally then, if his bum was swelled up. Might very well be that impaction actually.
If you really want to know, freeze him and take him to a vet when you have the time.

Im really ssssssssssory for your lossssssss. :(

Ehm how old was it ?

damn bro, thanks for your help. i'll probably just give him a viking's funeral

ty m8

6-7months :/

It looks young. I think that a bacterial infection killed it.

Pic? :)
13 bucks for a healthy Whites Tree frog is a pretty good buy. Have to watch out for parasites and shit though. Did they tell you if it was captive bred?

i mean i can say that 100 times it wont be more true but i cant think of anything else in your situation, other then temperature or stress.

I am sorry about your snek op.

Yes, they did. We took her to the vet and she was cleared. Sending a pic rn.

thats a point, too. but parasites are unlikely imo

are his eye whites a bit yellow-ish ?

Did his fecies look strange to you before he died ?

thanks for the help hombre. much apprecitaed

Amebiasis or Trichomoniasis could have been the cause in combination with an infection. But you should have recognized symptoms.

60+ replies and no one told you to either put it up your ass or put our dick in it? Sup Forums is ded

also RIP snek

Eyyyyy what a lovely frog! Porky lil' nipper as well. Bless his cotton socks.

Anyway, 3am here, I'm off to bed else I'll be hammered in the morning.

im not very aware how prone to infections these guys are.

rip. i think that's the last reptile for me for a while. i'll stick to birds

RIP
anyways op lets have fun
trips for Sup Forums space program.

Snake? SNAKE?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

i know y guy who had snakes too and the female one died.it stopped eating and lust on eating and then some time it died.

Snek is heavy and it more fun with live animals

I'd say skin it and make something out of the leather, or hang it on the wall as is. Also remove fangs and throatfuck. Bury it in a nice spot where you know it won't be disturbed.

we hate all snakes

if you hate them too join our chat

youtube.com/watch?v=NINvmLQYhDQ

Dude the thing might be infected and you want him to THROATFUCK it ?
Youre either retard or hat OP

i mean hate

It's just a reptile, doubt it can make OP sick. Then again all part of the thrill no? I did tell him to remove the fangs first.