/prod/ - music production general

Post whatever you're working on for critique, and critique other's. I'll start.

clyp.it/inmr1jeb

Other urls found in this thread:

m.soundcloud.com/syhrxa/scarab-mistra-20210217
youtube.com/channel/UCrT-OaaKwScx-pBD3XUvQtg
clyp.it/b034nqgn
clyp.it/1leh0pye
youtube.com/watch?v=vZXvMDwxiKc
clyp.it/y2d53lpn
clyp.it/qsjar4oh?token=63680e473de97ef2ee4967fbfa02875b
clyp.it/vfwltzhj?token=966d705ea54549de981fa4cd91d78714
clyp.it/0rr4ysdk
clyp.it/1w524b3b?token=d8ccebeac3f21ae6a7348051cddb3f09
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just want to buy my first synth and I saw DSI prophet 08 Rev 2. The 8 voice version is 1499 and 16 voice is 1999. I just want to know if 16 voice is useful with stacking/spliting. Examples are appreciated.

m.soundcloud.com/syhrxa/scarab-mistra-20210217

of course it's useful
you can get the 8 and if you if you're not sure and later if feel like you're missing out you can still get the voice card upgrade, it's the same synth and they specifically announced it to be upgradeable

that sentence went all kinds of wrong but you get the point I hope

thx,user. I just want to know how more voices would do in sounding. I saw the poly chord stuffs on deepmind it seems cool. I think 16 voices on rev2 are for different utility.

youtube.com/channel/UCrT-OaaKwScx-pBD3XUvQtg

found this channel of a complete schizo junkie. thinking about sampling his schizo raps. kinda interesting all movies were uploaded on the same day

Super-rough sketch of a remix

clyp.it/b034nqgn

How do you make sure all your instrument tracks can be heard clearly and moderately on a wide range of speakers from earbuds, headsets, monitors and home stereos to full size club equipment?
Particularly the bass tracks I find difficult. I have tried to put in a dedicated sub bass track and that stuff, but I have so much trouble regulating my tracks volume to avoid crunching and end up having to just pull down the volume of every instrument and making a song that outputs a bit too low in volume.

reference your shit against other tracks and use different systems till you know how your system translates
mastering is always about finding compromises

Where to torrent plugins???

clyp.it/1leh0pye

how is this mix sounding?
too distorted, too quiet?
ignore the last part btw

pretty chill
I think the distorted kick and snare adds to the oldschool hiphop-y feel and it's very pleasing
keep going, m808

Hey guys I've been working on some stuff, beat and sample oriented. I'm a big fan of hands on hardware, much more interactive.

I have an SP404SX and a Minilogue that I play, sequence, sample, and sequence with while playing my drum kit.

I figured this would be a good place to ask for a good compliment to my current set up. My sound is sample and loop based, and very dynamic. I'm looking for something that can add a more robust set of sounds to compliment my minilogue in particular.

I've been looking at Rolands JX03 in particular, but am open to other options.

Thoughts, opinions?

Goddamnit, I have to be the worst "producer" in the world when it comes to finding instrument samples. Even the biggest and most popular library sounds sound like trash on default.

Are there any blogs or other resources that list the best shit I need to have?

Reaper has so many cool vsts. Everything i need, i search and Reaper has a native vst for it. I'll never go back to Cubase. Reaper is home now.

Looking for a semi modular synth. So MS-20, Mother-32, or 0-Coast?

assuming you mean actual drum kit. do you have your sp404 and korg setup around the kit itself for easy access/improve? or the sort of thing where you pre-program, hit play, and run over to the drums to play along?

lots of options depending on your workflow

I just got phone speakers atm but it sounds fucking great here senpai! Especially that trumpet, goddamn

good workman etc.

don't forget jayz used a basic garageband drum loop in one of his '#1

youtube.com/watch?v=vZXvMDwxiKc

newest track

if I get a semi-modular and I already have a model synth(with keyboard, modulation matrix), what is the easyway to make use of it.

Why my multitrack recordings sound like everything is out of tempo, a real mess
If when i'm tracking theres not much playback delay
Is there a way to get the DAW to set up the perfect latency correction automatically?

yes, every major daw does that automatically

playing to a click needs practice

multitrack=multiple tracks at the same time
what you're doing is overdubs
also

when i look at the spectrum most of the strums are on the beat

this is the stuff ive done

these sound like a mess
clyp.it/y2d53lpn
clyp.it/qsjar4oh?token=63680e473de97ef2ee4967fbfa02875b

this is more or less
clyp.it/vfwltzhj?token=966d705ea54549de981fa4cd91d78714

only these 2 sound fine on tempo

clyp.it/0rr4ysdk
clyp.it/1w524b3b?token=d8ccebeac3f21ae6a7348051cddb3f09

what do you think moog will come up recently?

how to draw midi organ for accompaniment on blues and blues-based songs

>will come up
>recently