I figured out way back if God is all-powerful, He cannot be all good. And if He is all good...

>I figured out way back if God is all-powerful, He cannot be all good. And if He is all good, then He cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be.

Seriously is this the greatest piece of acting in cape cinema history?
Feel free to object me.

You have a nice ass OP

He figured out Epicurus?

you are under 25 & an american with a public school education
bravo

>Snyder
>HS level philosophy
Sounds exactly right

>babby's first philosophy class.

No one's talking about the diaglogue

A fine portrayal of a poor script is like shakespearean actor in a kids play.

Shit thread.

It's not a poor script. Those few lines are some simple dialogues to tell the motif of the movie. It's not supposed to be deep philosophy as the virgins above think.

Superman never claimed to be all-powerful so what point was Lex even trying to make?

Why does Snyder characterize people who question religion as cruel or psychopathic?

The character that talked about evolution in Man of Steel was a killer alien.

The character that brought up classical philosophical criticisms of God is a sociopath with autism.

>Renee
>statutory rape and incest

It'd be impressive if he was able to add some nuance and depth to that shallow, blatantly obvious dialogue.

However, he didn't. Instead, he was twitchy, went from loud to soft to loud, and acted "uncomfortable" and "creepy".

>tell the motif of the movie
>tell
H A C K

ROLLERINO

To act really good and say something so mundane, about ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTE isn't that great. I think Batman Begin talk about making into a symbol, and the philosophical experiment of the prisoners on the boat was actually REALLY good. That was a twist on an old one.

You know those sort of things. If BvS was more about fronting a god, that's like literally EVERY episode of Star Trek. It's be done more ways then I can describe. Check out TOS sometime.

Nice junior high school tier understanding of theology there. Bravo Zack

It's the world at large that deified superman. Superman himself rejects it

The motif is every episode of Star Trek TOS. But it's not even about do we a need a god to save us, because he's just one guy, that really isn't that good at his job. Civil War pretty much did the same thing, about governmnet oversight, but then Jessie blows it up with a Breaking Bad Wheelchair bomb, and there goes that conversation, THEN HE'S GOT HIS MOM YOU GOT TO KILL BATMAN< BATMANS GOT TO KILL THE BADGUYS TO GET YUOR MOM BACK

OH NO BATMAN WASN'T THE DEVIL IN THE SYMBOLISM IT WAS DOOMSDAY!

OH NO SUPERMAN DEAD

I can talk about symbolism and philosophy in countless stupid movies that had none. If it did it was accidental.

Ok, but what's his point? Did he just want the world to see that Superman can be killed? What was the point of that if his real goal was help Darkseid? That's the problem with Lex in this flick, his motivation is all over the place.

I mean the moment you kidnap God's mom, you got to make that a point....

He has a saviour complex coupled with an inferiority vomplex. He wanted the world to see superman as lex saw him

what do i win

No it was to show up that council women...
To keep tabs on other super heros and desing symbols for them...
to build a business...
to kill superman...
to kidnap supermnas mom...
to make doomsday...
what am i missing?

It's certainly up there.
Few have portrayed the millenial psyche so poignantly.

>deep philosophy
>In a thread where everyone makes fun of how sophomoric it is.

Everyone understands its purpose, its practically stated outright. That's exactly what makes it bad.

It'd be like if there was a scene in Clockwork Orange where someone looked into the camera and said
>"WHO ARE WE TO IMPOSE GOOD ON THE BAD? DOES THAT MAKE US AS BAD AS THEM?"

But Lex knows that he can't be all powerful, because kryptonite can kill him. This shit doesn't make any sense.

If it makes no sense, it's 2deep4u
If it's too simple, then you're not analyzing it hard enough.

The Clockwork Orange isn't exactly subtle either.

Rolling

Fuck it why not.

I think I'm in love

here is your (You)

Here we go

Superman isn't god, he isn't all-powerful. Not even close.

Bump

Rollin.

>Heaven and earth are ruthless, and treat the myriad creatures as straw dogs;

roll