Playing style

describe your guitar playing style Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pb62RvivCm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

erratic at best

fast and agro, hardcore punk, grindcore, thrash, crossover, that kinda thing. Play a beat up Gibson sg from the 70's and a modded jcm800.

Shimmery. Play a jazzmaster through a roland jc 40

typo, jc 120

Psychedelic Rock influenced. Lots of effects mostly fuzz. I like simplicity at least in regards to soloing. Lots of maj7 and 7 too.

Sloppy

Good thing pros fuck up too

its kinda comforting isn't it?

I attach a contact mic to my penis and thrust gently into the soundhole of a specially designed acoustic guitar

I don't even use strings, I just hypersample the sound of my erect penis touching the inside of the guitar and rephrase using a keyboard

I wouldn't expect anyone here to understand, but you should know that one day people will look back at my work and know that I was the first to truly transcend beyond the framework of what will then be termed "pre-music"

OP here, question for all guitarists: why do you play the way you do? Is it because you find it to be the funnest way to play, is it because it felt most natural to you, or is it because its simply the kind of music you wanted to create and play with people? All of the above? None of the above?

same

Spanish

Fuzz pedal is my god, lots of muting, punk/garage

>ITT: Baby electric guitar players
The niggers of the guitar world

shut up cunt face, you probably play like fucking shit and think you're being "soulful"

Frank Zappa/Toni Iommi wannabe, can slice all up and down the pentatonic scales and do some other stuff but still don't have the finger skills to do the more technical stuff. I understand where Frank is coming from as far as playing guitar though, about rhythmic flexibility and the emotional emphasis one can produce through that approach. Rat Tomago is a really good example of that. As far as Iommi goes I have my guitar tuned to C# standard and I enjoy dark dissonant riffs.

I also pick with my two fingers like you would see a bass player do. I started out playing bass and trying to emulate Geddy Lee so I incorporated that style of picking into guitar because I always got frustrated trying to learn how to play with a pick properly, I can do a few things that you can't really do with a pick, but I can't play fast arpeggios or sweeps or anything like that.

Basically I am not a "real" guitar player and probably need a instructor to beat all the bad habits I developed learning how to play by myself with my own style. I still have a hard time utilizing my pinky finger for a lot of things.

I am not fully satisfied with my guitar playing, but I am overall satisfied that I can play Bass, Drums proficiently and Guitar semi-proficiently.

Awwwwww
Is the baby electric guitar player hurt???
Don't worry champ I'm sure you'll find the pedal that'll hide your mediocrity one day :)

go back to jerking off ur dad m8 no one cares

Apparently you do

my neanderthal riffs are basically a mix of deathgrind and stoner shit. im a master of strumming really fucking fast and an expert at strumming muted strings tastefully, with a great nose for harmonics to add girth. can't play a clean blues solo to save my life, but give me an octave fuzz and i'll fucking rip your face off while making you question whether i'm channeling darkspace or bo fucking diddley

I thought this was
youtube.com/watch?v=pb62RvivCm4

how about "awful?"

Used to have an early U2 style clean post-punk style.

For the last year or so I mostly use it as a noisemaker or means to "soundscaping". Drone chords, thick distortion, so many effects you can barely tell what's playing. Sort of like Sunn O))) playing shoegaze.

For acoustic I have a kind of lazy Iron and Wine sounding fingerpicked style.

>Used to have an early U2 style clean post-punk style.
sick dude

its a solitary activity confined to my bedroom, much like my sex life

My dirty sound and how i play is very Red House Painters fuzzy, like Mistress, Rollercoaster, San Geronimo style. My cleans are very Mike Kinsella style, i love alternative picking with ringing open strings

acoustic, very elliott smith like when tuned in standard, and when open tuning i get a drone going, one fingerpicked pattern mixed with various chord shapes.

I'd say that my playing style sounds like a mix of Dinosaur Jr. and American Football

god you and everyone else

I've sort of fused Dick Gaughan and Martin Carthy with Frippertonics shit.