Serious question. You guys think there'll be a WW3 or a war like Vietnam? If so...

Serious question. You guys think there'll be a WW3 or a war like Vietnam? If so, you think there'll be a draft and who will it be against?
>general war thread

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/29/american-gun-ownership-is-now-at-a-30-year-low/
theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/19/us-gun-ownership-survey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

yes. everyone under 30.

I'd say pretty soon. Maybe in the span of the next 10 years some sort of shit's gonna go down.

Oh yeah, there's gonna be another war that big. We're animals, and we never left the jungle. We just made a new one with the same rules.

I'm sure the US is on the brink of civil war between minorities and the forces of The Man.

We're making friends with Russia, which means that:
+We're making friends with Russia
-We're making friends with Russia
We have a lower chance of getting it from behind from a bunch of Heavies now, but that means that christ knows how many other countries are gonna hate us, so it'll be the Chad countries fighting off the beta countries.

North Korea's bound to side with anyone willing to ACTUALLY fight us, so expect some nukage before too long, too

Give it another 30 years, and we'll have an "event" when the sea levels rise and suddenly a country like India or China decides its borders should move 100 miles inland or whatever.

It'll something stupid like that after the food/water shortages hit.

I kinda like the the idea of low intensity war fare to protect trade and representation, like the English empire and East India Company. Fuck the natives, but don't interfere with our shekels!

if you are under 30 there is already a war on to kill you if you are over 40 there is already a war on t finish you sooner. this is truth. we are closer by design, then ever before by design, but it will not goto thermonuclear i dont believe. the plan is now to poison and inculcate/brainwash.

At this point I couldn't give less of a fuck. I'm old enough to not be drafted.

Our missile defense system is top notch.
Also in a ground war if we were to be invaded the citizens that actually live the life they were supposed to as intended by the fore fathers will be the final defense and responsible for their own existence. Resistance. Freedom. Invest in nice rifle boys.

WW3 is a long ways off. All the evidence that I observe suggests we are shifting from the unipolarity of our current Pax Americana global system into a more unipolar system. The big players will be the same but instead of accepting unquestioned US leadership in managing the globe powerful countries will demand more regional autonomy. We see this in Russia, we see this in China, hell we even see this in Europe with the UK and its Brexit.

ISIS is a bit of an open question at this point but without an empire to topple, indeed with more decentralized multipolar power configurations, ISIS will either need to consolidate its territory and begin dealing as a traditional state or fall apart. Its long term stability being surrounded by enemies is questionable regardless of what it does in the short term.

WW3 may well come about in a few decades at the earliest, but only after our current spate of reconfiguration is complete. This is what sets the stage for WW3. Unipolar power configurations like what we have now or bipolar ones like we had during the Cold War promote stability and prevent major global conflicts. Multipolarity, with many moving parts, competing interests and a lack of centralized power in global politics is consistently the precursor for the previous World Wars.

tl:dr wait 30-50 years for the stage to set itself for WW3 and we may just see it happen, but only in 30-50 years

I'mI find your hypothesis to be likely. You are correct to identify an issue of resources spurred by environmental instability as a possible sparking point for the conflict and your time frame is realistic. You are either fairly educated on or have an aptitude for this subject.

albert eisenstien told the world how the new worlds wars would be fought not with fire but with starvation, with abortion with poison and lead.

I hope Trump fucks up so bad that America calls Australia for troops and Australia has to draft, then i'll feel like my life has some sort of purpose.

I think if he were alive today to see what states are working with, he'd amend his list and place drones and hacking at the very top of it. The push to automate in all sectors of society has not escaped the military, and just like with other forms of labor machines have the potential to be cheaper and more reliable as soldiers. The technology is getting better and less expensive and even in its current state we use fighting machines quite extensively.

What in your mind makes you think we want a bunch of kangaroos and guys who dress like Crocodile Dundee on our side? We'd recruit some of your fauna before we'd recruit a bunch of shitposters

take your refugees first

only like 1/5 households even has a gun, you guys are fucked.

You live in a fantasy world, you sad paranoid man.

>citation needed
I can't help but feel that you've just type out a post that captured the raw essence of bullshit. Maybe it's because I live in Montana, which is like Texas but it's cold and the Mexicans call themselves Indians, but I don't believe that only 1/5 of us have at least one gun in the house

true story
proud american here, recent reports say less then 25% of Americans own firearms.
although on nov 7/8/9? it was reported by cbs that Americans had purchased enough firearms to equip the entire usmc.

>a war like Vietnam?
See 2001-2015

At least Vietnam turned into a sweatshop for the world. Iraq/Afghanastan just created a bunch of new terrorists in addition to the old ones.

>I don't believe that only 1/5 of us have at least one gun in the house

then dont, facts won't change your beliefs anyway.

The usmc is under 200k people no shit.

He was incorrect, gun ownership is at the lowest recent estimate still at about 36% nationally despite an undeniable decrease over time
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/29/american-gun-ownership-is-now-at-a-30-year-low/
However I feel like that poster was trying to make a different point, as it is true that even though gun ownership is still at 36% the majority of guns in total are owned by a relatively small segment of extremely enthusiastic gun owners. Most gun owners own one or perhaps a handful of guns while a handful of gun owners own a grotesque amount of firepower.
theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/19/us-gun-ownership-survey
In any event the fantasy that you and your yeoman in Montana and other sparsely populated rural regions throughout the country are going to be the vanguard defending us from some non-existent foreign invasion is absurd.

>I don't believe this thing you said
>FINE DON'T BELIEVE IT I TOTALLY HAVE PROOF BUT I'M NOT GONNA SHOW YOU BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT BECAUSE YOU'RE DUMB HAHAHA

I literally just asked for a citation on that famalam. I mean, if you don't actually have anything to back up what you're saying, then that's cool too.

>i live under a rock and only have the Bible for information about the outside world unless i am spoon fed.

amerinon again, if you loved your country you would pa more attention.

Yes probably North Korea and draft would depend on early outcome.
the Norks surprise us and there are heavy losses then possibly, Males up to 25 would be the most likely victims

I think there will be another war. There are two things I see happening.
A.) Another Cold War and just it being tensions being super high all the time due to Trump's inability to not say stupid shit to people.
or B.) A "hot" war but there won't be a draft since all the fighting will be done by drone or special operations forces. There is no need for an all out war like WW2 anymore, the times have changed and made war like that impractical.

depends is china jumps in to save them again also

depends if*

Wolverines!

>sparsely populated rural regions... defending us from non-existent foreign invasion
Never said that, I just said that the impression I'm under as far as US gun ownership might be skewed because everyone's dick is attached to a revolver and a Ford around here

Look user, I wasn't even being that offensive. You don't need to be so blatantly angry that I asked you to support your claim, I just assumed that you might know what you're talking about if you're posting in one of these threads, and that was obviously silly of me.

Option A for the next few decades and Option B after

and you clearly dont know what youre talking about so i guess we are even, kinda. go to bed, you have a long day of 4th grade tomorrow.

While they aren't exclusive I don't think both will happen. The war will either happen at the get go, or diplomacy will win the day.

The jews.

That's how the fathers intended us to live, though, at least the ones I believe you're referencing. Jefferson especially wanted America to be a land of self-sufficient citizen-farmers and, presumably, soldiers as well in the tradition of the Roman Republic. An admittedly stable model, but the other founders who wanted our land to grow and become powerful won out in the end over the Jeffersons. For every acre of land our government gave to poor farmers they gave four more to railroad companies and oil conglomerates. That dream died ages ago, regardless of its merits or lack thereof.

Well, I guess that's the difference between you and me. I'm just uninformed and asked somebody to inform me on the truth, and you're spewing things that you probably know in your heart to be untrue. What's worse is that not only do you very likely know you're wrong and are just desperately trying to defend yourself with insults like "you're a 4th grader" (which, mind you, is something a 5th grader would say), you're also STILL not actually proving your point.

Not even him but just stop you're completely embarrassing yourself with this tantrum and making your position look worse as a result. You made up a statistic and he called you out on it, get over it.

>That's how the fathers intended us to live
Oh yeah, no argument here. I'm just saying that while I thought 'Murica had way more guns, I didn't think a handful of yee-haw states were gonna protect everyone

That is very true China decides to save Fatty then there will be a draft probably up to 35

lol and you have to prove a point yourself, youre just getting madder and madder. lol go to bed, kiddo.

>lol and you have to prove a point yourself
What would that point be, buddy?

Even if every state had the same rates of gun ownership and red-blooded zeal, the relevance of conventional military forces and indeed nation-states in general is becoming increasingly questionable. More than likely you'd end up using those weapons on your fellow citizens if things got real bad, if the state and society unraveled whether from internal social and economic issues, foreign pressures or ecological instability.

Anyone who joins the army is a brain dead faggot to stupid to think for themselves. Im gonna go kill people cause i need the money
>fucking dies or comes back disabled fucked in the head
Just so some fucking goim can make money off an oil pipeline in syria
Fucking dumb cunts

>You guys think there'll be a WW3 or a war like Vietnam?

>WW3
Highly unlikely. Major world wars became obsolete when mutually assured destruction through nuclear weapons was introduced. All major world powers are controlled by relatively rational people. Which leads us to..

>Vietnam
Proxy wars? Sure. I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S, or one of it's allies were engaged in a proxy war against it's geopolitical rivals for years to come. It keeps the war machine moving, which keeps the money going. We're talking a lot of money.

The biggest stage to watch is China. They have a huge surplus population, but they are running out of clean drinking water. Fast. I'm almost certain China goes to war with one of its neighbors in the next decade.

If those are Russia's most elite ops, we're fine, unless we all dress up like hostages

TIME TO GET SERIOUS

>join military
>become tactical janitor
>civvies literally rim my anus in McFastfoodchain lines because uniform
>get discounts because uniform
>get into gyms for free because uniform
>never actually have to kill anybody, but go all over the world anyway and get paychecks for life because 'muh war on terror' makes me a veteran because uniform

>Anyone who joins the army is a brain dead faggot to stupid to think for themselves

>but they are running out of clean drinking water
You're right and it pisses me off that they'll probably get to buttfuck some poor country because they jacked off in their own bathwater but won't wanna bathe in it

Blame the model they adopted, our model. Except here in the states we have the Great Lakes as an insurance policy against our reckless treatment of the environment. Europe doesn't and it cleaned its act up, but not before it got filthy rich the same way we did, by stealing wealth from around the globe and shitting all over its environment.

Thought one of the major problems in Africa, India and middle east was less rainfall leading to droughts and famine. Id say the food shortage crisis is well under way. Considering that global sea temps have been under estimated your prediction is definitely going to happen sooner than we expect.

Yes, climate change is outpacing the gains made in the developing world by the so called "green revolution." Actually, that whole "green revolution" thing was only beneficial in the short term, as modern farming techniques aka lots of fertilizers and pesticides and monoculture are bad enough on their own for long-term yields. The problem was always one of distribution and the marks left by colonialism, but now there is that third problem of climate change making it even worse.

>join army
>they know im a weak little cuck
>give me a mop we will call him a "tactical janitor"
>fucking dumb cunt
>walk around thinkin im top shit telling people bullshit stories
>really just a piece of shit dumb fuck

Keep telling yourself everything is alright yeah rite fucking goim

>goim
You wanted to say kike, user

Hoo boy, you're angry AND wrong
>never said I was in the military at all

I mean, you didn't really even argue against any of my points, you just got tilted and attacked the first thing I said. How is it stupid to join the military if they get a guaranteed paycheck for life for grunt work, don't even necessarily get shot at, get paid to work out and become hot every day for years while they're still in the service, and get to see the world while doing it?

>Anyone who joins the army is a brain dead faggot to stupid to think for themselves
>brain dead faggot to stupid to think
> to stupid to think
> to stupid

See