Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Achilles? Let alone defeat him...

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Achilles? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about young Achilles. I'm not talking about Trojan War period Achilles either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Trojan War era Achilles equipped with his bronze overlong spear, greaves, helmet, shield and sword with the Myrmidons behind him. I'm talking about Trojan War era Achilles with the shield of Hephaestus, his signature arms and armour, with the Myrmidons behind him whilst under the blessings of the gods AND whilst grieving over his dead cousin Patrocles and being a master with the sword, spear and phalanx combat but AFTER having warmed up for his battle with Prince Hector and fuming at the treatment he's received from Agamemnon with the aid of Ajax; who is an expert with his hammer, Odysesseus' bow and whilst having Athena herself at his side, the prayers of his nymph mother AND with his immortality which he has had since birth?

Hercules.

Paris.

Paris with a bow

Paris
did you even watch the movie?

>make a stupidly overpowered character
>lol no one can beat him xD
>killed by an arrow to the heel as if that can be lethal

Homer was a hack

Daily reminder that Paris was a coward.

Just cover his heel in some thick armor and he's unstoppable

he would get rekt pretty hard

he wasn't killed by an arrow to the heel. He was found with an arrow in the heel which gave birth to the legend that he was invincible except for his heel. What killed him was multiple arrows to his chest.

Didn't he died by Paris

For my money its got to be Jason

>small coastal city with no real marina
>field an army of 10s of thousands
I guess every historical epic needs to be LOTR now.

>he would get rekt pretty hard
>legendary demigod that's killed more monsters and men than Achilles ever has
>rekt

No.

Where the fuck are you getting this?

Plenty of Greek/Roman Gods and demi-Gods could easily kill Achilles. He only stands out against mortal Humans.

Wasnt that faggot sacked by Ragnar?

Brads ass in this movie ftw.

>siege of Troy lasted like 40 years in the Iliad
>in the movie it lasts maybe 2-3 days tops

Madara Uchiha with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

Yes.

one is invincible with only a tiny weak spot, the other is just super strong, but mortal

i can literally smell your virginity through my monitor

>Invincible
>Still dies to a hail of arrows

I don't think you know what the word 'invincible' actually means.

>summer action film
>wanting it to be so fucking slow it covers 40 years

Fuck off, you retarded faggot.

>cousin Patrocles

Kek, pleb moviefag who didn't read the book.

Nemean Lion had no weak spots and Hercules choked it to death.

Faggot.

This, when Achilles fought that river god who got pissed about all the dead Trojans clogging his river he got BTFO.

>he only watched the movie

I don't think you know much about Achboy

Pretty sure he's talking about the movie, but even still, his claim has no basis. Achilles was shot in the heel first and then the chest in the movie so there's no way to know if he was actually supposed to be immortal or not.

It obviously was vulnerable to choking then.
Stop sucking heracles' cock

Pretty sure the numbers are canon, Homer was a poet, not a historian

>Stop sucking heracles' cock

Tell that to Achilles when he's choking on it

Oedipus

thor would wreck this faggot

hello Sup Forums

>book

More like a papyrus, I doubt books were a thing back then
>Implying

Achilles wounded Ares, god of war in the Illiad, Thor would be easy.

You know wheb you be speed running mario and an enemy clips one of marios pixels and it hurts you from super mario to mario and then the woun psyches you out to the point you accidentally the pit?

Well that's whst happened to achillies he thought he was invincible and got knicked in the heel and it psyvhed him out

Probably considering Achilles is only a demi-god. But how would he handle the Greeks own Thunderer Zeus?

Keep in mind, Zeus defeated the Titans as and fought 1v1 against Gaia's abomination of a son Typhon and won.

Also Zeus never was tricked by his brother into dressing up like a woman and marrying a troll.

Madara could.

Siegfried is a good match.

>what is artistic licence
The fact that Helen of Troy is portrayed by a blue-eyed blonde german when logically, she would given the features of what was considered beautiful by mycenaen standards didn't tick you off? And let's not get started on armors worn by Achilles and the greeks which are nothing but accurate

[email protected]

Why did the standard of beauty become being a snow nigger all of a sudden?

bretty sure in the myth the arrow was poisoned senpai, for the reality of things, we don't even know if he existed,was made up or just exaggerated.

they're objectively the most pleasing humans to look at

>snow nigger

I put off watching Troy for years and i finally watched it recently ands its amazing

What is some other essential Mythic epic core?

Excalibur (1981)

Greek gods would stomp the Norse gods 9 times out of ten.

Greek gods are actual immortals, the Norse gods are killable and it's inevitable that they die in Ragnarok

Beauty is created by society. For example the chinks considered having deformed feet beautiful, let alone those black tribes with the giraffe necks

Is Achilles the original chad?

>thread makes me want to see Troy
>Written by: David Benioff

Nevermind. Fuck that kike.

If you were nursed since childhood Mediterranean women in movies and commercial breaks as beautiful, you would think this way about them

There are very many versions of the myth. Homer only mentions that Achilles dies by an arrow shot by Paris and guided by Apollo. Achilles' invulnerability was invented after the Iliad.

immortality =/= invincibilty
you underestimate odin, he and his brothers slayed a giant the size of the world and forged earth out of his carcass. odin is wiser than zeus, greater warrior than zeus, more powerful wizard than zeus, he would steamroll him.

The problem is that you are used to beautiful "nordics" in movies and tv.

You don't like "nordic people", you like beautiful nordic people.

The real average Nordic looks like pic related.

Now, tell me again that it is "pleasant" to look at this poor Danish guy.

PS: Most "nordics" you see on movies and TV are not pure nordics anyway, being blonde and blue eyed doesn't make you racially nordic.

kevin from home alone vs achilles

who would win?

Zeus defeated Cronus, who defeated the literal sky. It makes no sense to talk about power levels between myths of different cultures. Shit's all fucked.

>lays a marble trap
>Achilles trips
>shatters his achille's heel
>ded

>slay a world sized giant
>die to a world sized wolf

Kek

>tfw no greek gf

Hector was actually the cowardly one from the Illiad. He got scared when he was supposed to face Achillies and ran away causing Achillies to literally chase him around the perimeter of Troy - 3 fucking times.

pfffffft he probably couldn't even beat non-Super Saiyan Goku

This. This so fucking badly.

That was only because Achilles was in full God-Rage mode then and Athena had deceived him.

Hector was bad-ass. He didn't need to be semi-god to be a true hero.

it was odins fate and his inevitable demise, no one can defeat him but fenris

Yeah except he's actually really nice and thoughtful. He's sort of like the marvel movies Captain America. Just all around likable and envied by all

Hercules actually managed to beat Ares, God of War, in a single combat (with some divine help)

I like both NGE and Lucky Star.

Jack Bauer could just shoot him a few times.

No. Hector is portrayed as the bravest and manliest of men. He gets scared as any man would in front of certain imminent death, but once he accepts there's no way to escape he faces his death like a man.
Paris, on the other hand, is such a coward that even Hector and Helen come to hate him.

When? In the Sorbo tv show?

Didn't they notice all the chest wounds? Maybe that's where he was weak as well? Oh but naw, he's got a papercut on his finger. HIS WEAKNESS IS HIS FINGER

>nice and thoughtful
>"King Agamemnon insulted my honor, so I'm going to pray to Zeus that the Trojans start winning and not battle leading other men to die."

True, but Paris never ran away from his duel with Menelaus, Aphrodite teleported him into his bed with Helen as Menelaus was going to deliver the killing blow

The Troy movie was so fucking garbage. The only thing they got right was blonde Brad Pitt as Achillies though Chris Hemsworth would actually make a better Achillies imo

that's not it. When he was carried away after the battle the common soldiers saw his corpse with an arrow still sticking out of his heel. Obviously everyone who actually got a proper look at his body could have seen stab-wounds or other arrow entry points. It's just that the legend was that Achilles is invincible and the son of a god so the arrow in the heel was noteworthy.

which only furthers the point made here helen of troy would have had curly black hair, and a rounder face than Diane Kruger

she's supposed to be the greek ideal of beauty at the time, and however vague that concept is, it would have never been a pale skinned blonde woman

i don't think mila kunis is greek

Achilles was canonically ginger in the book

Homer describes a few of his characters with blonde hairs and blue eyes, even if they didn't have them because it made said characters stay out the crowd of "normal people" giving them even more of a spotlight, so, I don't remember the description of helen or even if there was one but she might as well have been blonde in the story to make her some exotic beauty, after all myth-wise she was the cause of the war.

she certainly doesn't look ukrainian

>but Paris never ran away from his duel with Menelaus
see the beginning of book 3 user

shes a kike

Nah, my translation describes him as having "yellow hair" which Athena pulled him by as he was about to lunge at Agamemnon with his sword.

Hemsworth was too young and faggy at the time

Odin and his two brothers killed the first being in creation, unleashing a flood of blood upon Ginnungagap that killed almost all the Jötnar, with the exception of Bergelmir and his wife who had a boat. Odin and his brothers then created 7 of the 9 realms, Muspellheim and Nifheim already being around, from Ymir's corpse, he granted mankind sentience and casually turned a dead guy's eyes into stars as an apology. He raises people from the dead to ask them questions and the only thing in Norse mythology that can defeat him is a giant sentient demonic god-wolf with jaws that reach from the ground to beyond the exosphere. Odin is a general and warrior who is constantly training and plotting for the coming of Ragnarok, so we know he is not out of training.
Zeus couldn't even kill his own father. To overthrow the titans he needed not only the help of his siblings but also the Cyclopes and the Hecatonchires to overthrow the Cronus, and Cronus wasn't even the first eldest or the most powerful creature in Greek Mythology, Zeus was later defeated by Typhon after Typhon stole Zeus' thunderbolts and his sinews according to Nonnus' Dionysiaca, the most detailed version of their story. He only later won out due to trickery and the aid of Cadmus, a mere mortal. After winning over Typhon and imprisoning him beneath Mt. Etna or Tartarus, he doesn't really get that many more threats against his rule. He is more like Robert Baratheon, a king who was really strong and a great warrior in his youth, but that time is long gone and the wars that made him strong are but memories.
Odin Asagrimm, the grey wanderer with a thousand names, the son of Borr who was the son of Búri, the first of the Aesir, the god of death, defeats Zeus, lord of the Olympians and son of Cronus 9/10 times unless Zeus gets a lot of help from other gods.

The original Greek word used doesn't have a direct translation IIRC. Some translators render it as reddish and some as golden.

Achilles wasn't invincible, just an exceptionally good fighter.

>both of them and all other pagan gods get BTFO in their own domains by a carpenter

>Dude Greeks weren't white lmao

Yo fuck off with this meme

desu I don't know very much about Norse myths. Is there really only one canonical versions? Because the Greek myths have myriad stories, many of them conflicting. The Dionysiaca wasn't written until long after Greece stopped being relevant. Hesiod, from whom most of the myths come, has Zeus defeating Typhon without much trouble.

>a king who was really strong and a great warrior in his youth, but that time is long gone and the wars that made him strong are but memories
Greek gods are eternal and unchanging though. There's no such thing as youth for Zeus (except for when he was a baby, but that doesn't count).

Homer describes the king of the Gods, Zeus, as being dark/black haired or having black eyebrows, this in the Ilyad also, if that doesn't settle the issue of "muh ancient nordic greeks" I don't know what else does.

Where some ancient Greeks blonde and blue eyed? Of course, even today some are, in the same way that some Swedes have darker hair or eyes, that doesn't mean that is the average on either nations. But I doubt that describing some Greek girls as blonde and blue eyed makes it automatically the beauty standard of the time.

And to further the insight on races and peoples, there are really no "racially pure" people and Europeans in any case are a mixture of three major ancient races, the WEHG (western European Hunter-Gatherers), the MNEA (Mysterious North Eurasians), and the EEF (Early European Farmers).

greece is one of the sunniest regions on earth
why would they be white?

Mila Kunis is white. You are the one memeing here.

Achilles was not invincible he was just the best of the best as well as being a demi god he gets his arm cut at one point i forget where it might have been when the the beauty of an amazon he was fighting almost made him lose his focus on getting that sweet sweet glory

To be fair the lighting in that photo is terrible, his face seems fine to me

>his face seems fine to me

same guy with professional lighting

>Yeah except he's actually really nice and thoughtful.
He is full of rage through the whole book. At some point he sacrifices 12 Trojan children.