How can a band go from being so brilliant and fresh to incapable of writing even one interesting song?

How can a band go from being so brilliant and fresh to incapable of writing even one interesting song?

You grew up and your critical thinking skills matured.

lmao rekked.

Turner used to be a working class runt with dreams, now he's a ponce with everything and desperately wants to be Josh Homme (infinitely more talented)

This t bh
Also he tries to be american when his music was only good for being truly British

People run out of ideas

hey man it's hard to be churning out hits. Most bands don't break the 3 good albums barrier

AM was total fucking self indulgent garbage, hailed the album of the decade when it wasn't even top five in 2013.

Arctic Monkeys actually did that up until AM though. Whatever People Say I Am and Humbug were fantastic, and Favourite Worst Nightmare and Suck It And See were incredibly strong in parts.

Then Alex moved to LA, snorted a load of coke and started listening to The Black Keys. Sad!

They got rich and they're lives changed because of it. Nearly the entire album is about going out to clubs in Sheffield.

Favourite Worst Nightmare is better then Humbug by far desu and Suck It And See was okay at most

Suck it and see was the last good album but still was overshadowed by the previous records. Miss how emotional but jam worthy humbug and FWN was

>remember cuddles in the kitchen, to get things off the ground

PEAK LYRICISM

this happened to literally ever NMEcore landfill indie band tho

Libertines, Strokes, Vines, Hives, Kasabian, Killers, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Interpol, Kaiser Chiefs, Fratellis, Maximo Park, Arcade Fire, Yeah Yeah Yeahs... all burnt out after 1 album or barely ever produced anything of value again

All of his early lyrics were great, clever and witty. Like nobody else at the time.

Can't pinpoint where he turned into a pretentious tryhard arsehole though.

dunno man, it never happened before in the hystory of muzaic i guessss

>Hives
>Franz Ferdinand

DELET THIS

idk m8 i liked that song "The Fallen", that was from the 2nd album right?

but rly their first album was so good there's no shame in the obvious fact that they never manged to reach those heights again. some bands are just one album wonders

FVN > Whatever > Humbug > AM > Suck It And See

I still go back to revisit both of them but the second album is the better one overall imo.

Having said that, they'll never escape from the shadow of Take Me Out even if they still had commercial success into their 3rd album.

Killers are great desu

I used to disregard everything after Sam's Town but it eventually grew on me

and Kasabian and Arcade Fire have stable discog, I don't know what are you about