Post some classic pleb filters

Post some classic pleb filters

>We Will Fall

Student Demonstration Time

I always thought Ron looked really qt on this cover

he looks really qt in general

Black Diamond

What's the opposite of a pleb filter? Is there a term for shit that only plebs like?

That's the reggae tracks on Bad Brain s/t. They're absolutely horrendous for anyone with even the slightest interest in Jamaican music. The concept of reggae to cool out the brutal thrashy progcore is great but the execution is shit because they're just not a reggae band.

They killed your European Son

pleb magnet?

Nice

Sloop John B

Works like a fucking charm.

>My World

Can't stop partying

Literally the entire album is for plebs, though.

I've never listened to Pet Sounds before, so I decided right now to listen to this Sloop John B after it's been memed so much on here.
I don't get why it's so hated, I kinda like it. Reminds me of childhood days at Disneyland. That said, I'm not paying attention to the lyrics, just the nice harmonization and instruments.

People give it shit because it """"doesn't fit the theme of the album,"""" despite the fact that the whole album is about longing and homesickness and the song is about someone wanting to go home.

>Hallelujah

wat

that's a pleb magnet

>the cover

>it's an "user mistakes the worst song for a pleb filter" episode

No, people give it shit because they think it doesn't fit musically. It's not a sad emo song like the rest of the record

Which song? Aja?

It's because the whole album is essentially a unified solo work from Brian and slammed in the middle is an obvious single attempt cover of a Caribbean folk song that Brian didn't pick.

It's a testament to Brian's talent that his arrangement and delivery made it fit with the mood album but it's still taking something forced on him and making it fit rather than adding more to the album.

See, what'd I say?
Works every time.
Alex Jones wishes his filters were as good as Sloop John B

>it's the exact opposite of Kokomo, a song about someone wanting to leave home and go to an island on a boat
Formula = fucked

I don't even have to say it, it's the original pleb filter

The opening track is a giant pleb filter. Works so well that this album is barely even mentioned.

SLOOP JOHN B IS GREAT and so is Elephant by Tame Impala. Just because you can meet some random on the street who likes it doesn't mean it is a bad track.

>skipping Moonchild

>Within You Without You

It's weird how integral Moonchild is to ItCotCK. On one hand, you could say it completely ruins the flow of the album with its 9-minute-long empty, quiet noodling. On the other hand, it is essential to the structure of the album as it is the perfect segue between Epitaph and The Court of the Crimson King, since the transition between those two tracks would be far too jarring without Moonchild. It also enhances the thundering power of Giles's drums, which wouldn't be nearly as effective without Moonchild.

>Fade into You

Ah da da da da da da, that's how the fuck you sound you Drunk and Hot Girl haters

Literally everything by pic related. If someone dislikes ELP, rest assured they're a pleb.

>their deaths are in order
damn...

Keith Emerson died by a suicide. Greg Lake died by natural causes. Will Carl Palmer die by a murder?

The Beach Boys' Al Jardine was a keen folk music fan, and he suggested to Brian Wilson that the Beach Boys should do a cover version of the song. As Jardine explains:

Brian was at the piano. I asked him if I could sit down and show him something. I laid out the chord pattern for 'Sloop John B.' I said, 'Remember this song?' I played it. He said, 'I'm not a big fan of the Kingston Trio.' He wasn't into folk music. But I didn't give up on the idea. So what I did was to sit down and play it for him in the Beach Boys idiom. I figured if I gave it to him in the right light, he might end up believing in it. So I modified the chord changes so it would be a little more interesting. The original song is basically a three-chord song, and I knew that wouldn't fly. So I put some minor changes in there, and it stretched out the possibilities from a vocal point of view. Anyway, I played it, walked away from the piano and we went back to work. The very next day, I got a phone call to come down to the studio. Brian played the song for me, and I was blown away. The idea stage to the completed track took less than 24 hour

It wasn't forced upon him. He had it suggested to him, realized it could work and made a great track

ok

>proving his point

plebs will not know that Drunk and Hot Girls is Kanye mishearing Can lyrics

>Moonchild
>Talking Drum
>Providence
KC were really good at quiet improv tracks

Could Jeremy Bender, Are You Ready Eddy?, The Sheriff, and Benny the Bouncer be the ultimate pleb filters of 70s prog? They're just so fucking jarring compared to the rest of the albums they're on.