So what am I missing out on? Need some experienced player advice

So what am I missing out on? Need some experienced player advice.

Have been sorta halfway playing the last couple months, got the basics down. Am to the point where I'm doing career missions, finishing some chains, getting bored/stuck with others. Mining can actually be fun for me cause I can do it in the background and it looks great, I love the game for its mechanics and immersion but wtf do I do now.

I don't have any idea to pvp or even how to engage at all with any other ships. I've heard of low sec and high sec space but have no idea how to get there. I've heard of wormholes but don't really know what they do or how to use them.

Help me out. I feel my interest in the game slipping, mainly cause all I've been doing is mining and a career quest every now and then. I love playing the game I just feel like I'm running out of shit to do..

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCg1v_BeF07JbmyJg3_gY_CA/feed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Join a corp

shit. I keep hearing this. What will happen once I do, what can I expect? I'm familiar with guilds in wow and stuff. It must be similar?

This.
Nothing sends your game "tits up" quicker than joining a corp.

you can expect the corp leader to fuck with a much bigger corp's shit and end up with 10,000 cunts chasing you all over the place for reasons you will never understand.

Join large 0.0 corp / alliance and find out what the game is actually about. with 8 years of eve behind me i can never stay more then few days in high sec space.

join a corp man
but make sure you get some skills first
good corps usually don't accept brand new players and things like that
stack up some money. if you want to get in low sec/null sec/whole pvp be ready to lose especially if you're still new to the game

aight, I'll make it happen. I know there is more to the game, I just gotta learn it. I'd hate to give up on the shit cause I do love playing it and I need a space game, I just know I've been spinning my wheels lately mostly out of ignorance cause idk wtf to do

yeah I've read articles about some of the shit that goes down. I still don't understand it

>good corps usually don't accept brand new players and things like that
stack up some money.

kk. I've been training up skills this whole time, making cash. Sitting on like 40 million isk or something. I know which ships are better for combat, etc that kind of shit.

basicly every time you jump a gate 100,000 jews are burned to make it work

Minmatar jews

I played off and on for a few years. I have joined maybe 5 or 6 different corps all up. It's always better in an active corp. You will need to have vent or team speak.

Vaporising them into a gaseous state increases gate output

How else do you think Jump Fuel works?

it's about the age of your account. people trying to infiltrate their corp and steal or fuck shit up will be using a new alternate account. your biggest hurdle will be convincing them you are legit new player wanting to join them.

also keep you kids away from jita dodgey place it is them slated eyed fucks will sell them into the dark underworld of human trafficking or turn them into bio paste for the capsuleers to eat

Black jew paste. The afros mess up the gates

alright, thanks for the advice everyone, I'll do what I already figured I should do, and that's join a core. Thanks again faggots here's some tits.
>warp drive, active

fyi watch for space drop bears berry scary

Make sure you watch out for this sign

Join Brave Newbies, they let you do what you want and are helpful and generous. You can join small and large battles even as a newbro, you can learn or do your own thing they don't give a fuck.
Pure pvpers Pandemic Legion have a version called Pandemic Horde, Goonswarm Federation have a version called Karmafleet.
All are in nullsec where all the money and violence and action is. Few weeks there and hisec will look like the sleepy rookie pond it really is.

>Played since Nov 2004
>killed every shiptype
>owned every shiptype
>ISK is EZMODO these days
>been in every major war and big fight possible
>burnt out last year due to :ccp: and their bending over for the new player
>can literally buy SP now
>game is too easy and nothing new
>wspace is aite i suppose
>smolgeng4lyfe

Like everybody else is saying, join a corp, there is never content to run out of as it's all player created, and by far the best part of the game.

These middle school babies are cancer.

I've been in corps focused in Russia, America, and Australia.

Russian corps are filled with cyka blyat but fucking terrifying in PvP. No idea what they said but it's always gonna flood the chat with kills.

Americans are usually filled with corp/alliance leadership siphons that will just use you worse than trump uses a $2 hooker. and you'll be moving home nonstop.

Australians though...They're the scary ones who are second to russians in fear integration. They manage to ride the line and blend psychosis with coherency so they don't die needlessly.

If you can speak russian, find any russian corp, they're all PvP.
If you can speak english, find an aussie one, you'll laugh your arse off.
If you speak both...well. Go by whatever timezone works for you..

Okay first thing's first

High sec is fucking garbage. Don't live there.

Factional warfare space is good if you go to Cal/Gal space, Amarr/Minnie space is cancer

Sovnull is unplayable tidi.

Wormhole space, wormhole space is where the fuck it's at. Less content, but man it's so much more satisfying.

NPC null and non-FW lowsec space are jokes

>I don't have any idea to pvp

Then you're playing the wrong game.

EVE's endgame is pvp while in a corp. Everything else is side activity.

JOIN THE IMPERIUM
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIG
KARMAFLEET IS RECRUITING

>lol @ drop bears being scary
they're only scary if you're a sleeper

Its now a guild. Its a corp. You are expected to work like in a normal job. You have a boss and he will give you orders and timelines. The difference to real life is, you are not paid with money, but with "fun playing the game". The eve corp will be your new life, forget your rl job if you even have one.

lolgoons

pay your 10bux to kiss the ring?
i'd rather join provi, at least they fight

Considering downloading this right now if its F2P, is this shit fun for a total beginner?

Is it graphics intensive as I dont have a graphics card? intel I7 though.

although i see this was released in 2003 so im just gunna assume it will work tbh

Used to play years ago and had 2 accounts both over 150,000,000 SP and both still in starter corps , had no problem doing anything in game but it is such a massive time drain

Get out while you still can... EVE oldfag here. That fucking game is so time consuming it will ruin your life.

If you're looking for something fun still, join a combat corp and get gate BMs to travel safely, then take a good combat setup to 0.0 and shoot stuff. Always align your ship to your exit vector as soon as you warp to a new place, get some stabilizers and you should be able to either assess you opponent and win or run away every time. Also nothing more satisfying than taking away from some fag that spent months mining and refining zyd and popping their hauler.

Miss it sometimes, but the time isn't worth it. Go spend your money on a gym, get swoll fuck bitches. You'll be happier

>You are expected to work like in a normal job. You have a boss and he will give you orders and timelines. The difference to real life is, you are not paid with money, but with "fun playing the game". The eve corp will be your new life, forget your rl job if you even have one.
This is the meme spewed by autists who want the game to be playable solo.
If you're not having fun in a corp you leave, simple.

Karmafleet is the GSF public corp, no requirement to pay anything.
Provi are sad, weird roleplayers who drop intel in local channel.

>although i see this was released in 2003 so im just gunna assume it will work tbh

kek
enjoy WiS

Also, when you get in, first thing to do is join Horde

>In-game channel: "Join HORDE"
>Home System: Saranen (our "forever home"
>Character Age Requirements: None, any aged character can join.
>API Requirements: None
>Other Requirements: IRC, Mumble, and willingness to engage and learn from others.
>YouTube Channel: >youtube.com/channel/UCg1v_BeF07JbmyJg3_gY_CA/feed

WiS?

>Help me out. I feel my interest in the game slipping, mainly cause all I've been doing is mining and a career quest every now and then. I love playing the game I just feel like I'm running out of shit to do..

Move into 0.0 space, leave empire space and missions behind and never look back. 0.0 political warfare is where Eve becomes amazing.

Walking in Stations.

the game might have been released in 2003, but it gets updates and expansions all the time, its as current gen as current can be.
uses some Physx shit for the characters in station (if you have it on) that can be GFX intensive, but no one uses it.

Dont get me wrong. I like it this way and i dont want this to be a playable solo game. Still, if you want to have big success, power and wealth: you have to take this shit as serious as a job. You think its a fucking game!?

Karmafleet was made for the sole reason of using newbros to buffer and entosis systems for Papa Goon
You get shat on by GSF and not even goonproper like you, you are literal cannon fodder

Also, Provi are weird roleplayers?
Do you understand why Mittens renamed the alliance "The Imperium?"
You do know Mittani DOES Live Action Role Play right?

Pic related, this is him kissing the hand of the head Provi Amarr roleplayer

As a beginner I found it easy to learn. The game itself is pretty graphics card friendly, I'm running it on a pc that is about 6yrs old, runs great. There are several settings you can change to improve your performance.
>disable lod
>disable blurry background (in game settings)
>disable camera shake everytime you warp
>high/low texture rates etc

The tutorial gives you a good idea, but when you're new and don't know wtf to do it is easy to
>get lost
right click anywhere in space to bring up stations. or in your neoco use the people and places tab

>get stuck on a quest
idk, it fucks up, or I do, so I have to restart it

>have killed several toons

Took me a couple characters to really get the feel for it, but it was fun the whole time. If you like space, this game is fucking great. Overall I give it a 9/11

>WiS
Don't really understand what the problem is?

That i'm not going to progress beyond walking around stations?

I mean my PC is powerful just without dedicated graphics, will probably buy a gtx 1070 next month

Once you've got knowledge of how the game works you can buy PLEX, sell it and be a billionaire any time. Then you can do big stuff.
I've been terrorising a few lowsec constellations, getting all the gas and DED sites while my POS makes boosters.
All on about an hour a day, three hours when comms are fun.
Yeah it's a game, where it's hard to do anything without making tons of play money.

Not at all, there was no problem, you were talking about "i'm sure it'll be fine, game was released in 2003"

it doesn't have 2003 graphics, it amuses me when people think its going to look like runescape in space

You do realise that goons were in EVE before mittens and we don't all suck his cock right?

>join eve
>no idea what i'm doing
>read something about mining
>fly to some asteroid belt
>mine with single laser for around 4 hours
>kinda fun cos it's all new
>huge player ship arrives
>8 fucking lasers
>sweeps through asteroid belt
>flies away
>log off

and i never went back to it.

>I've been terrorising a few lowsec constellations

post character name, o' mighty terrorist

>this
lol'd

Keep in mind, since every one is telling you to join a Corp., that you might loc. your toon down by joining the wrong side. Which one is right which one is wrong? Both and neither. The prob. in EvE is nobody "trust" nobody and if you do, you usually get scammed.

>Karmafleet was made for the sole reason of using newbros to buffer and entosis systems for Papa Goon
>Karmafleet, and Pandemic Horde, were created solely to drain numbers from BNI, the then largest subcap force in the game.
Fixed that for you.
Any Shittani roleplaying is a troll, have a sense of humor.

lol no of course not i just dont think its going to resemble the new thief or doom any of this shit thats going to absolutely melt my PC

>connection failed
>the socket was closed

wat

Even SA hates Eve Goons. Mittens gives your whole alliance such a terrible reputation that your origin board hates you all, kek

topkek.

please tell me one actual goon who is still playing under the goon banner from Remedials day

the only ones who still actually play are in PL now

oh the server tranquillity is down... awesome...

lol this sorta. i did go back to it. idk, it's fun. it looks great, it's space. I like space.

Nah

>Mining can actually be fun for me cause I can do it in the background

Wait till you have a Hulk. People will be after your head like it's made out of waffles.

At least in High Sec.

Man I miss EvE. Haven't played for years, but the PLEX prices have gone so much through the roof that the whole gameplay just became grinding for more game time.

>inb4 i get called a high sec carebear

TQ goes down once a day for updates at this time.

Rorquals are OP as fuck now, my alt gets about 3b/h now

It literally takes a few weeks to get a ship like that big if you train the right skills. you caved like a pussy.

Holy shit they finally released Walking in Stations?

When I last played the game, it was just a single room and people were sure it would never be made.

I've downloaded the game, It keeps saying " Socket Closed" when i try to logg in. wtf does that mean?

Got the same message.

see

GrrGoons is such a great thing for the game, letting thousands of hisec shitters think they are involved by blurting GrrGoons every chance they get.
I was in Karmafleet for most of last year, did 20 çeptor fleets in WWB and moved away to do my own thing. Downside, GrrGoons every single day of it from some Literally Who? Upside, you can steal people's stuff from those skin-dropping sites and just sit there, nobody engages because the GSF logo is like Hell's Angels is to suburban joes, strikes fear into em.
Who cares what SA thinks of Goons? Or what anyone thinks of Goons? Look at the fuckin map, everybody skulks in hisec while null is maybe 20%.

ah.. Thanks mate.
I hope i can play it soon though.

Today the server sucked after downtime and had to be emergency shutdown. There was a patch today that didn't take.

You've been drinking the koolaid, m8

Any typical amount of time it takes for the server to resurface?

Remedial's goons were a bunch of autists who cared too much about the culture to realise that for any alliance to survive it needs to expand.

Yeah, I have my doubts about mittens. But the current gsf has done more for me than any other alliance in the game, and I've been around. Goons know how to have fun even when they're losing. More importantly, they know how to make everyone else hate them, and that's hilarious.

I must say, I don't know where all these accusations that we don't fight come from. I sure as hell have been in plenty of fights since I joined gsf.

Normally downtime is about 10-15 minutes each day, today something fucked up so it's taking a while.

This. Without goons the game would have died. WWB brought it back from the brink.

You guys got any tips what to do for beginners?

Work your way up to level 4 missions, train for a vector/VNI/ishtar because they are good pve ships, and when you can join a null corp, do they. You'll make good isk in nullsec and get some fun fights.

Remember, karmafleet is recruiting.

see
Not that guy but it's not called drinking the kool-aid when you've been in the corp and seen how it works or doesn't.
Been playing since 09, been in every major war since 2011, got friends in every big group and every region. It's actually hard to keep enough people in your timezone enemies after a while.

Do that*

To be fair, you have multiple major goon FC's on record saying that they'd rather blueball than fight. The last major fight goons were in, you guys flopped after losing a couple of minor objectives.

What corp you in?
Widotfag here

Name one alliance that hasn't done that in the past.

>I must say, I don't know where all these accusations that we don't fight come from.

Common fleet tactic is to dock up and blueball enemy fleets

>lets not fight them, they'll be mad and stand down

You also rolled the fuck over and lost deklein
You also JUST rolled over and ran away from your new war

Was extremely rich faggot in rich razor alliance corp. Go do 0.0 stuff, spy on some corp, sell the info to another corp etc.

HERO coalition fought harder than you guys when they had PL camping on their doorstep.

TESCO fought tooth and nail for their space for over three months against the same forces that you guys lost to.

When you tried to invade Provi last year they put up such stiff resistance that Mittens pulled a Bush and said mission accomplished after you took a couple of ihubs and lost the rest of the fights.

Literally every other corp in the game fought for their space. This isn't even grrgoons shit, I flew with goonswarm for a year and a half in asshole squad before realising that goonwaffe proper is basically just a bunch of carebears that really can't fight for shit. It's no wonder fawlty left you cunts behind.

VIP mode wat

tfw not VIP :(

VIP just means that its only letting in the devs and bug testers to make sure it's all good.

ye i figured im just bored and eager to begin wasting my time in space

>joining horde
lol

>You also rolled the fuck over and lost deklein
Biggest change to sov mechanics ever, plus infinite RMT funding of dogpile purely to prove that money beats culture or morale every time.
>rolled over and lost
lol ok m8

>asshole squad
>always afk or playing LOL
wew

>almost got killshot on first titan ever
>mfw bubbled a titan a couple years later and called it in, got rekt in minutes

good stuff, haven't played since 2010 though

>TESCO fought tooth and nail for their space for over three months against the same forces that you guys lost to

except TESCO didn't have to fight TESCO you tard

VIP is dev only - give it time

realfeels

I was in Kenzoku back in the day, then TEST when TEST lived on Goons couch, now PL

all goons do nowadays is mine and spin, all the oldguard left, its a carebear alliance these days, upper level got fat off RMT/Journalism while the line member got shat on, blacklisted everywhere and PAP links.

Hows the delve mining going?
still outmining the forge?

what happened to goons m8?
600b losses in a week, tears over an Aeon, no SRP for basic line members
all your FCs are gone to PL/TEST

when will you see the light?

Irrelevant, they didn't retreat to lowsec at the first sign of failure. I remember seeing the battlereports for the CO2 staging fight, goons sent like 40 members to a 3000 person fight.
It was almost comical how badly you fucked over half your member alliances in your rush to roll over.

Just stop playing that terrible game. Save your fifteen dollarydoos for something more enjoyable, like alcohol.

you realize that welping all your assets in a "blaze of glory" is the reason TEST has been completely irrelevant since fountain?
go back to r/eve you faggot

Hows the war going?

>implying i give a shit about losing a war in stain lol
i'll be in delve, making trillions a week with my 20 man rorqual fleet

keep drinking the goon Koolaid
>"DIDNT WANT THAT WAR ANYWAY"

>literally taking pictures off of the front page of reddit and posting them on Sup Forums
>shiggydiggy

wolol

>implying i give a shit about losing a war in stain lol
>"DIDNT WANT THAT WAR ANYWAY"

Perfect

throw those "allies" under the bus some more.

eve news, most are saved from imgur, should i use TMC instead?
oh wait mittani dosnt like people posting about their losses there, thats the moralespinner zone

>"DIDN'T WANT THAT WAR ANYWAYS"
do you understand that not every single member of GSF is Mittani? the only reason I like the war is because my 20 man rorqual fleet is making me trillions a week.
regardless, TEST is still irrelevant in anything they do. have fun being PL pets and eventually getting widotted into NC

>being this much of a reddit shill
please biomass irl, redditors are cancers to society