Ween is scientifically The best band in existence

Ween is scientifically The best band in existence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s492PMdIaJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can't wait to see them in a month.

I know jam bands don't really get discussed on this board, but anyone else going to 420fest?

Yes mah nig preach

Science is bloated with Jewish distractions that oppose progress.

I can't stop listening to Mutilated Lips. It's just perfect.

>Science is bloated with Jewish distractions that oppose progress.
>progress

Progress from what and to where? What fields of Science are you referring to? Which scientists in particular are you making a reference of? What are those Jewish distractions that you're mentioning? How are they opposing progress? I'm actually interested, so please elaborate.

Also, never actually listened to Ween, but people say they are extremely enjoyable.

Have you ever tried to shrink? Like an ice cube in the sink?

Progress towards improving the lives of the human race, or at least the lives of your fellow countrymen if you don't feel so altruistic.

Basically every scientific field has some form of parasitic relationship with business interests that discourages progress.

Sometimes it is considered better to keep with the status quo for the sake of businesses that rely on the state of things so they will pay off scientists to testify in court for them or pay them to not publish papers that are not favorable to the business interests/publish papers that are in the businesses interests.

The most disgusting example of this is in nutrition, pizza being declared a vegetable so that it can be served in school lunches was a joke among students for a long time but it has ultimately caused a rise in obesity. There was a time when scientists and doctors were paid to testify in court in favor of tobacco, guess who was behind this?

I wont pretend that my statement at first was just a shitpost but I do genuinely believe that a lot of scientific progress is impeded by business interest. This goes all the way back to Galileo defying the Catholic church in his model of our solar system, radical new ideas are sometimes stomped out if they oppose the status quo.

>Dude we're going offtopic for no reason LMAO

fuck off

Few people are even on topic in the first place, consider those posts to be bumps to save this otherwise dead thread.

"Gee, I wonder what this thread is up t- HOLY SHIT, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED"

yes

True same. Except 7/1 for me. Hoping to find some doses in the parking lot from some hippies.

Rank their albums
Pure Guava > Chocolate And Cheese > The Mollusk > GodWeenSatan > Quebec > The Pod > White Pepper
haven't listened to 12 Country Greats or La Cucaracha yet

Only one I haven't listened to is La Cucaracha
Quebec => C&C => GodWeenSatan > The Mollusk > The Pod => 12 Golden Country Greats > Pure Guava

Didn't mention White Pepper either. I'd place it after Pure Guava. My bad.

>Progress towards improving the lives of the human race, or at least the lives of your fellow countrymen if you don't feel so altruistic.
What aspects of life are you referring to?
>Basically every scientific field has some form of parasitic relationship with business interests that discourages progress.
Anything concrete to back that statement? Wouldn't an economical gain be considered as 'progress' in a capital-based society? How would it be discouraging it? Climate change investigation is scientific based and it actually stands against the business interests of corporations, so would it always be the case that "every scientific field has a relationship with business interest? Again I would like to see some examples of who has a relationship with which companies in particular.
>Sometimes it is considered better to keep with the status quo for the sake of businesses that rely on the state of things so they will pay off scientists to testify in court for them or pay them to not publish papers that are not favorable to the business interests/publish papers that are in the businesses interests.
Can you name some examples?
>The most disgusting example of this is in nutrition, pizza being declared a vegetable so that it can be served in school lunches was a joke among students for a long time but it has ultimately caused a rise in obesity. There was a time when scientists and doctors were paid to testify in court in favor of tobacco, guess who was behind this?
So because there were a few corrupt scientists and doctors that doesn't mean EVERY scientist is corruptible. That would make ultimately money what stands behind progress.

Last paragraph is fair and I do agree on some of it. There are some rich dudes also funding altruistic shit, but comment too long

is this laine

>that'll be 16.07

Quebec > Chocolate and Cheese = The Mollusk > White Pepper > Pure Guava > The Pod > 12 Golden Country Greats > GodWeenSatan = Shinola >>> La Cucaracha

>I'll have two carne asada tacos... wait what's the carne asada?

lol nah

i just recently got into WEEn, which album should i listen too first

You haven't gotten into them if you haven't listened to them yet wtfff...
Just go with the mollusk

That's the beef.

i heard a few random songs from them off of youtube and want to hear a full album. which one should i start off with?

The Pod

>Out of 20? Ok, 16.07's your change.

You should start with Chocolate & Cheese. It's not the one I started with, but I feel like it would make a good first impression on a new listener.

Chocolate and Cheese, Mollusk and Quebec are the best starting place. Their early stuff is a more acquired taste, not for everyone.

>silly music
literally what's the point

Their music is more than just being silly.

this

Amen. Saw them live. Fuckin mind-blowing!

Did you post from worst to best on accident, or is this bait?

Saw 'em last summer. Had a great time, they put on a hell of a show.

I remember when I used to listen to it everyday after I first heard it on LSD. Amazing song, one of their best.

Not an awful ranking but I would say:

The Mollusk > Quebec > Chocolate & Cheese > White Pepper > Pure Guava > GodWeenSatan > The Pod > 12CGC > La Cucaracha

The Mollusk, White Pepper then Chocolate and Cheese followed by Pure Guava, followed by Shinola, followed by GodWeenSatan, followed by The Pod, 12CGC and La Cucaracha

It's a fun one. So diverse and awesome. Not a bad song on it either. Easily in their top 5.

Stop the memes, they have plenty of serious music. Even then, whats wrong with some of their goofy stuff? It's fun if you're in a certain mood or drunk.

explain how Pure Guava, Chocolate And Cheese and The Mollusk are their worst albums

Fuck off, contrarian fgt.

Not him but Pure Guava is 20% The Pod-lite, with the other 80% being filler. The Mollusk is a Quebec-lite, but probably their second or third best. Chocolate and Cheese is aight, probably behind Mollusk.

>other 80% being filler

No. It's like The Pod but more interesting and doesn't sound like someone stuck a recording device in a toilet while moaning

Nah, The Pod captures the feeling of being sick super well, and the lo-fi and dirty sound of the album isn't obnoxious. Pure Guava just sounds super uninspired apart from a handful of songs, and definitely doesn't deserve to be 55 minutes long

Should I go see them live in June? I don't have anyone to go with because I hate people but going to shows alone is depressing.

no one cares if you go alone or not

Cool it a little on the Ween threads fellas.

Completely disagree. The Pod is such a forced meme. Never could get into it at all outside of a few tracks. Hate that sludgy sound, can't listen to it often, but guess some weirdos love it.

ween is good

I think Ween in general is a forced meme even though they are legitimately good, friend.

Ween is my favorite band but these threads are literally all the same.

>rank the albums guys
>random lyric quotes
>"ween sucks" "no" "yes" "no"

That's every thread about every band on Sup Forums. This board is too pleb to discuss anything in-depth.

Favourite Ween opener?
Favourite Ween closer?

>Exactly Where I'm At
>Poopship Destroyer

Ween averages like 3 good songs per album

I say the opposite, they probably have 3 bad songs an album. But since they mix up genre so much it all depends on what you listen to.

Ween doesn't have any bad songs, some are just greatly outshined by their best ones.

Listen chronologically from Chocolate and Cheese to La Cucaracha then go back and listen to their first three albums.

hi dogsperm how are you

nah they average 13 good songs an album

This was supposed to be a commercial for pizza hut. Never got published.

youtube.com/watch?v=s492PMdIaJs

Its so bad that I dont know how anyone would like anyhting associated.

see? this is what I mean. their music smells like shit.