I don't know where to ask this so I'm asking here

I don't know where to ask this so I'm asking here.

I have a product idea that could change the lives of blind people forever but I don't know with whom should I discuss this idea with?

Should I meet a designer first?

Should I meet some rich person who's willing to pay me but wouldn't this take ages to find a person like that?

Also this product of mine needs a tech to make it working. That tech already exists and is in use in many products. Should I meet a software programmer?

I'm a Business student in year one.
I discussed this particular idea with my best friend and he was very interested too but we both don't know where to start off with.

I'm totally clueless here. What do I do?

(pic not at all related)

maybe its not a good idea, whos wanna want to sponsor it?

also, i got a blind cousin

If you can't make a prototype, you're fucked, like millions of other thinkers.

this

wat is it op?

if the idea is a stick that they wave infront of themselves so they dont walk into shit, somebody already did it.

Plenty of people before you have looked at a science magazine, seen some new tech that people have invented and thought "I could apply that to this and invent something!". All while they have no idea how the tech works, and knowing nothing about design, building or manufacture.

Sorry, OP. You ain't a millionaire just yet. You don't get that way by inventing, anyway. You get there by exploiting other people. So even if you did have a half decent invention, it would only make somebody else rich.

You all are right. I've pretty much searched my product's way of working in every way possible on Google, Bing and Yahoo. No search engine came up with any result that proved it was invented before. I went pages by pages and on and on, an no results came up. That's why I'm with this idea here. No, it's not at all related with a stick.

>Plenty of people before you have looked at a science magazine, seen some new tech that people have invented and thought "I could apply that to this and invent something!". All while they have no idea how the tech works, and knowing nothing about design, building or manufacture.
Exactly and that's why I made this thread asking do you guys have any idea of where do I ask. Also I never thought about being a millionaire or a billionaire. I just want to create a revolutionary product to make lives easier.

And yes, I've had 4-5 types of design where I thought no one designed or have even made it. 3 of em are already invented in a different way from I thought but it does the job.

I know kickstarter is a way to go but I need to do something before posting my stuff of kickstarter.

a lot has to do on how you serch for things.
what is it? Im 100% sure its already invented. Ill give u a link.

I'm not willing to say it because I have clues to give you guys on what it may be but all those clues could get you to thinking what it does with a 5 minutes of thinking.

All I can say is, it's for blind people and it could change their lives. And it involves tech.

>being this retarded

You're not thinking of money but you post a picture of a Lamborghini for your thread?

That aside, it'll take money to get your idea off the ground. A lot of it. Kickstarter is a way to go sure, but before you do that you'll want some designs and preferably a working prototype. That'll mean finding a designer and engineers who won't work for free. How much are you willing to sink into the idea?

If you can't say it because someone will take it and do it themselves then you haven't really got any strong barriers to entry. That basically means you need to patent it to protect your market, and that normally means having at least a prototype. If you need a programmer you can hire them on contract under an NDA that'll protect your IP over the idea. If you need investment then you need to show a substantial return, and it's tough to get an investment on ideas with a low barrier to entry. Why would someone give you £x when as soon as you start marketing competitor Y is just going to make it themselves and use their brand and power in the market to steal your share? They'd be better off investing in competitor Y with their £x.

If you don't care about the money, then tell everyone what it is and someone will make it eventually if it's worthwhile, and then the good deed is done.

If a vague description of your idea would mean everybody would know exactly what it is and how it works, it probably isn't a great idea.

Nah, it's fine I'll proceed with different ways of searching. Thanks for giving that tip.

Call me retarded but I'm not retarded enough to discuss this on a website full of anonymous persons.

Also don't take me into being rude. I just speak this way.

also OP, at some point you have to explain the idea. No problem.
Designers, possible sponsors and others have to know it so u can know if its feasable, worth investing on, if its already invented, what other options are out there etc...

Dont be silly, u came here for help just tell us

Sucking dicks and taking cocks could be a great way to supplement the capital needed for building your prototype.

Ok OP here's how you do it.

Find a pro blind organization and talk to them. Chances are if they like your idea they'll puch to gather funding and the interest of fellow organizations. If something similar to your idea exists then they'll tell you right on the spot.

This the kinda thing you thinkin of OP? Too late hero

Chances are, your idea isn't as good as you think it is. Honestly, it probably sucks.

dubs of truth

also this

Have different people build parts of it. Use off the shelf parts. Then assemble it yourself.