Hi

Hi,
I have the opportunity to study in Egypt next year in Cairo (Misr University), but by recent events and the geopolitical situation of this area, I wonder if it's safe to go in Cairo for one year while being French?

no one?

Nope, sand niggers

probably safer than France.
since there are less Muslims in Egypt than in France now.

No. Just look at what happened to that Italian student.

Egypt is one of the most awesome friendly places I have ever been. Yea there are assholes but those exist everywhere. I would do it in an instant

But the christians and foreigners are more targeted by ISIS than muslims... And Sinai and Libyan border are controlled by ISIS

Good idea if you like places which are hot as fuck, full of noise traffic and pollution, no culture, and where the national past time is sexual harrasement.

Cairo is not near the border or sinai

They have a crap government, but I can't on the top of my head remember a time recently where it was unsafe for civilians that weren't rioting. And ISIS is not operating there as far as I know. So you should be safe, no worries. That's my conclusion

Cairo is pretty polluted and noisy true but still awesome place

In France last month, a japanese student was kidnapped and killed...
it's the same everywhere

having lived in egyte fir 10 years , and having left because of the situation , it really depends. If you can't speak arabic and if you are a woman , don't go. If you look egyptian but don't speak you might be okay , honesly tell us the other options you have , they probably all are better than Egypt.

by a chilian student though

I was in Egypt for 2 months in 2011. I don't speak Arabic and I was fine. Especially in Cairo where everyone speaks English. Once I went further south past Luxor is where I had trouble with not speaking Arabic. The locals where very friendly though and we were able to figure it out but I am a guy and my wife never left my sight

I can speak arabic a little bit, and i'm a man. I don't look egyptian, neither caucasian... Maybe a little bit of north african (algeria, tunisia,morroco, whatever)
Concerning the other options, I can go to Athens and casablanca, but Cairo attracts me..

Do it. Athens sucks and ive never been to Casablanca but Cairo is awesome. Serious

Look, dont do it. The whole of the middle east is fucked and will be a bightmare for decades to come. You might as well paint a target on your back if you go there. Choose a country that never makes it into the news: Namibia...fucking Lichtenstein. Anything.

Actually, i'm worried about the recents attacks and the presence of ISIS in this area. So all of you can ensure me that Cairo is safe?

not quite there was just recently a church that blew up , i'd maybe try it out for one year , but after that get out.

Actually, it's just for a year, and the university is off-center (el-obour city) and i will be housed in the University