Is it true that there is no serious difference in quality among vodkas?

Is it true that there is no serious difference in quality among vodkas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kO077nu2m5E
titosvodka.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm preferential to Absolut. I hate Grey Goose and Sky.

>Is it true that there is no serious difference in quality among vodkas?
depends on the region. but the supermarket shit in western countries is solely about taste.
in east europe it is about going blind or not.

for me it's smirnoff, the best vodka.

Try Zubrowka. The best vodka.

That and some proper nice and smooth Ukranian vodka I had at a wedding a couple of years ago.

If you're mixing vodka with something like tonic and/or juice, then you might as well get the cheap shit. Expensive vodka only when making a martini or neat/on the rocks.

>Sky.
never again
i remember having a bottle on a house party and in the end poured the guy who bought it almost everything into the grill because noone wanted to drink it

Just how many times its filtered, guess you can get a brita and filter it a bunch yourself if you want, might help hangover, maybe taste.

Stoli for mixing
Goose for shots

>blind
How is that even possible?

White Birch> Tigre Blanc > Beluga > Belvedere > Ciroc > Grey Goose > Absolut > every other poorfag vodka

Also, Crystal head tastes like shit

stoli good?
i use absolut for mixing
and smirnoff for washing my windows because that's all it's good for
goose for shots 100%

Eristoff or Absolut

Really cheap vodka (handles for 10 bucks depending where you are) taste like shit. The better than dirt tier brands like Tito's or Russian Standard are a lot better for a little bit more money. The difference between those brands versus "expensive" vodka like grey goose or skyy are not worth the price difference. The taste is barely different.

The whole distilled X amount of times is also nonsense. I wouldn't pay attention to the "filtered 12 times" or whatever; higher doesn't always mean better.

Finlandia > Grey Goose > Everything else >>>> Smirnoff

Yes there is a serious difference.

The best vodka!

I love stoli for mixing... primarily for making white russians

Stoli is pretty good on its own too

Guys, try this one:
>Highball glass, fill with ice
>insert vodka of choice
>add some tonic water
>splash of grapefruit juice
>lime wedge

>Zubrowka

It's in a league of it's own.

Sure. In an effort to make more with less they stop the distilling process to early meaning that they have a lot of methanol left in the vodka instead of ethanol ( the normal alcohol ). Methanol is processed into formic acid in your body and reaches the blood stream where it can make you go blind and can even lead to death.

Hence the name "Blind drunk"

>Another bloody mary please

Holy shit. So the stories I got told were true. Damn

this
its true
also a main reason why extremely cheap liquor isn't always the best option

tito's is ranked higher than every vodka you have shown

about $20US for 750ml

titosvodka.com/

>cucumber flavored vodka
why do i get the feeling that would be good as fuck
like those two flavors seem like they would go really really well together

not in high end ones.
there is a noticeable difference between very cheap ones, and medium-to-high price ones when you drink them neat in room temperature - filtration does its thing.
however all differences are gone soon as you chill properly (in the freezer overnight) or just have it mixed

I agree on crystal head. Hot fucking garbage.

They differ a lot.
Just stay away from the really cheap shit that's made from molasses and from smirnoff or russian standard, which is just shit. You'll be ok with any of absolut/finlandia/stoli tier. Buffalo grass is an acquired taste but I hate it. Finlandia is best imo.

Ciroc is the smoothest vodka I've ever had compared to, new Amsterdam skyy grey goose etc

zubrowka and apple juice is the shit

ALREADY FUKKIN SAID IT M8

It's actually Polish.
If you go to Poland, there's 5 or more varieties of the stuff.

Not true at all.
LIquor quality will become more and more apparent as you drink a wider variation.

I know m8.

I was talking about some other stuff with the Ukranian vodka that I didn't get the name of. Read my post again and it'll make sense.

Charcoal filtered $7 vodka vs $26 vodka the difference is apparent.

Yeah, I'm blind, no worries.

Some good crown russe on the shelves right now, try it out, it's pretty clean and tasty.

>he didn't know this since before elementary school

then again, i am from eastern europe, so that might be why i did

anyone else a Tito's fan?

That's blindist you pig.

>Quality
>European petrol water
Try again

I can drink it but Ill always take Ketel One over everything else

Joisitte teki pellet vaa kossua vittu

PROTIP: Buy a Brita(or any brand, I guess) water filter. Buy some cheap $10/gallon gutrot vodka(or any liquor really). Filter that shit a few times and it will taste just as good as top shelf.

I regularly refill old Grey Goose, Patron, etc. bottles like this and bring them to parties. No one knows the difference.

clear alcohol is for pussies.

Blanton's bourbon or Jefferson's Reserve is the shit.

Prove me wrong.
>protip: you can't

If you can try this shit. So far the best I ve tried.

Looks like cologne.

Moonshine is what color?

no

>Is it true that there is no serious difference in quality among vodkas?
not in taste but in headache afterwards

There was a tragedy in Estonia where some boys got their hands on barrels of methanol thinking it was ethanol. Eventually they made it into "vodka" and started selling it underground like people do here. About 70 people died and over 100 were hospitalized.
Also, ironically it happened on september 11th, 2001

Fuck all you queers , I'm getting Belvedere once I get out of work. swag bitch

Vodka is for mixing or getting fucked up ASAP. People who get all finicky about the exact taste of ethanol and water are unbelievably pretentious. Plastic jug vodka tastes like garbage in general. Basically anything else is the same and if it isn't, a few passes through a brita pitcher will shore up any extra garbage

Yeah I think Absolute or Russian Standard definitely taste noticably crisper or cleaner than Smirnoff, which in turn is better than own-brand cheapo vodka. Dunno about the more expensive ones though, maybe even better than A or RS.

and btw , fuck Tito and his handmade vodka.

Vodka from texas. c'mon man

THIS. I'm in my late 20's and haven't drank cheap liquor in nearly a decade. Went to a friend's for NYE and they used Komchatka (cheap $10/gal shit) for the punch. Drank a little more than normal, but not a super excessive amount.

I had a hangover for two fucking days afterwards. Never doing cheap shit again even if its free.

Tastes like it too!

Hammer and Sickle for me. They usually don't have it when I go out, so at bars I'll order Ketel One.

Skyy for mixing Belvedere or Goose for drinking by itself. I can certainly tell the difference between a higher end vodka and your garden variety plastic jug gut rot. A good litmus test for you to use is if it is in plastic, don't drink it. This is true for other varieties of booze as well. Personally I think Belvedere has the best taste among the vodkas you have pictured and I have drank most of them several times.

Vodka filtration Mythbusters

As far as value for money is concerned I would lean toward stoli, Russian standard, and skyy. All are relatively cheap comparatively to top shelf, and have an acceptable taste. Of course this is just my opinion. I would say the most 'over-rated vodka' is Grey goose. Not that I think it is bad, it's popularization and branding is more impressive than the vodka itself.

>Protip
>forget about vodka and start trying scotch

What's your point with the mythbusters video?

All they do is confirm that filtering works. No it's not as 100% perfect as buying top shelf, you've gotta be a tasting expert to tell the difference.

Do you know how they make Skyy vodka? Azeotropic ethanol from tanker cars mixed with plain water.

>conspiracy of government

High tier (for holidays, special occasions or if you're a richfag) - Absolut
Mid tier (for everyday use) - Stolichnaya
Don't but Stolichnaya vodka in any of the eastern european countries though.

A martini I'd gin tho

Said the idiot

Ciroc is garbage

The best is the Standard Vodka from Russia..you have three kind gold silver and normal ... the western vodka is shit!

No legit look it up martinis is gin and vermouth you ducking scrub.

It also tastes like literal shit. If it wasn't for James Bond nobody would even care about it cause it tastes bad.

Come on now guys.

If it's made of potatoes, it's god tier. If not - it's shit.

Are u an actual child or never had one mad properly?
>I need muh lollie water drinks cos I can't stand the taste of real drinks

I did a blind taste test with 8 friends, and no one could tell the difference between top and mid class. Less than 20% of people could tell the difference between belvvedere, absolut and smirnoff when blindfolded doing a taste test.

Seriously. next time you have a bottle of low/mid shelf and a bottle of top shelf, do a blind taste test with your friends and you will realize pretty much all Vodka tastes the same (not bottom shelf i.e. taaka). People just like to drink expensive vodka to show people they have "expensive taste". Its all the same shit at a certain point.

those tests are often false because after u dranke 2 shots of one vodka and move to the nex one u cant tell the difference anymore with three or more a tast test is absolutly impossible

trash vodka tastes sweeter, like they literally add sweetener to cover the harsher flavor.

More expensive vodkas have more of a "burn" but feel almost like water.

If you're mixing drinks with soda or juice there's no real difference.
If you make vodka martinis then there's a noticeable difference.

So why dont people take 1 shot of a top shelf and then drink straight well liquor if the first shot will cover the taste?

Niinpä!

In the UK pretty much all vodka tastes good, only stuff I'd really avoid is the budget cheap ones from aldi/lidl.

Try some different ones though they all a have different taste, I like Russian Standard.

Go to bed

"Vodka" is neutral spirits so distilled or so treated after distillation with charcoal or other materials, as to be without distinctive character, aroma, taste or color.
–U.S. Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Title 27, Section 5.22

you drink ig a glas of water and than a glass of water that tasts completly different than youd see that the second water tasts like the first one if you took two shots of the first water.
if you drink the second water imidiatly after und than the first water imediatly after that one you can see an imense difference
it is kinda odd but true

It's not true, they are different. It just doesn't matter, since if you're drinking it correctly, you wont know your name, let alone the brand of vodka you're drinking...

i am so drunk riaght now i cant explain it any further i took the self test but i am wasted right now sorry

i am sorry i faild you .... u are a good boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

That makes no fucking sense.

i peeled a couple of kilo lychees 1,5 week ago, put it in one of those huge jars with a tap at the bottom. Added 1,5 bottle of wodka.
Gonna be good when it's finished i think.

Any tips on adding more stuff?

also got another jar with some lychees/wodka and gonna add kaki's and cinnamon to it.

watch this.

cant remember if it was busted or not, but there IS a definitive difference between top and bottom shelf vodka.

Cheap Vodka isn't even made from potatoes, it's 100% Natural Grain Spirits.

i always just buy monarch vodka 100 proof

its super cheap but hey if i had money i wouldnt be drinking

Ciroc is fucking terrible man

Kek

for mixing it does not have much of a difference, but for drinking straight at least Russian Standard or Stoli. Grey Goose is nice, but too expensive compared to others of similar qualities.

Best vodka ive had is zelyonaya marka and its dirt cheap as well