This is what a true pro-feminist film looks like

This is what a true pro-feminist film looks like.

Apologize.

Other urls found in this thread:

thebottomline.as.ucsb.edu/2011/04/‘sucker-punch’-a-feminist-perspective
vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/sucker-punch-or-how-to-make-monarch-mind-control-sexy-7-2/
practicaltheorist.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/is-zack-snyders-sucker-punch-a-radical-feminist-deconstruction-of-action-movies/
youtube.com/watch?v=5gXir4Pu0f0
m.legacy.com/obituaries/berkshire/obituary.aspx?n=marsha-snyder&pid=144455179&referrer=0&preview=True
slashfilm.com/video-you-dont-understand-sucker-punch/
youtube.com/watch?v=qQm1rBqh53Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm sorry others don't get it like you and I do.

like shit? yeah, probably

Basically it was all a dream whenever she stripped/fucked/performed ?

Sucker Punch (Extended Cut) was a treatise on the objectification of women as seen through the eyes of various nerd subcultures. The prism by which the movie is shown self reflects to the viewer their own ugliness.

It's a hypnotizing take on psychological trauma. It cleverly turns it into an esoteric, theatrical, fantasy extravaganza. Its own nakedness makes people feel shameful and uncomfortable.

It's a movie that literally hates its own audience and spits on them.

>"“I wanted to rub the human race in its own vomit, and force it to look in the mirror.”" - J.G. Ballard

If that isn't true kino, I don't fucking know what is.

>thebottomline.as.ucsb.edu/2011/04/‘sucker-punch’-a-feminist-perspective

>vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/sucker-punch-or-how-to-make-monarch-mind-control-sexy-7-2/

>practicaltheorist.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/is-zack-snyders-sucker-punch-a-radical-feminist-deconstruction-of-action-movies/

>You are wrong about Sucker Punch by The Escapist
>youtube.com/watch?v=5gXir4Pu0f0

That isn't Spring Breakers.

>monarch mind control

The brothel was a dream as well

>others don't get it
I ironically loved pretty much every single vignette (esp the diesel-punk mecha); but I'd never bother to actually try and watch the whole thing as a MOVIE ever again.

nice trips

I'm sorry that pro-feminist movies are awful and so are feminists

I'm not.

Sucker Punch most definitely a kino.

wat

A fantasy to cope with the rapes

Based

Fuckk off Hack Snyder.

KINO
I
N
O

I really wanted this film to be good. I was hoping we might actually have a good movie with strong female protagonists in roles that defy stereotypes in a positive way (not just by dragging males down).

Too bad the film was shit. Snyder seems to try and cram too many ideas into one thing and it ends up being a poorly blended storyline full of shit that doesn't fit right but tries to be DEEEEEEP. Tries really hard. And fails.

Spring Breakers isn't feminist. it's a post-ironic satire of consumerist/hedonist culture.

Browning and Malone are life

>Watch Sucker Punch again
>Like it more this time around
>Look up Snyder while credits are going
>Find out he has 8 children
>Most of them are girls
>tfw Snyder made this film for his children
>About to shut it off when suddenly at the end of the credits
>In Loving Memory of Marsha Snyder
>tfw Snyder made this for his children and MOTHER

APOLOGIZE RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Is she right?

nope. she's stupid.

No but she is a cunt.

reminder

MARSHA? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?

SHE NEVER ONCE USES HER FUCKING BROADSWORD, WAHTS THE POINT?

Any idea when he lost his mom? Because he pretty much nailed what it's like to lose a parent early in life.

Why is they're male servant /fuck slave getting such favourable positioning on the promotional image?

I think in 2010 before Sucker Punch was released.

Meant to reply to

He's also an opressor disguised as a mentor and savior.
See: Paul Feig

It's funny because most of those women would break down in tears and huddle in a ball if one were to give them a quarter strength punch to the face. Half strength you'd probably knock them out. 3/4 to full strength they'd seizure and die.
I'd love to see a dark ages battle of two opposing military forces. One side consisted of men, the other women.

Let them have it out and settle this once and for all.

*oppressor

Thanks for the info. Any idea about his father?

Not sure if his father is still alive but he could be.

m.legacy.com/obituaries/berkshire/obituary.aspx?n=marsha-snyder&pid=144455179&referrer=0&preview=True

Post more Jena faggot.

[Spoiler]don't most of the girls get shot in the face at the end? That was the only thing I liked about it anyway. [/spoiler]

yes, and the one that escapes is hinted to still be trapped inside a fantasy world, not true freedom, in the end.

Lol you cuck, its about MK Ultra, not about "rape".

It can be both.

The film begins with the curtain opening on a theatrical stage and here you come saying it's not reality?

lmao you're a goddamn retard who reads SUCKER PUNCH like it's a fucking M. Night movie

Gotta love Crayon Pop.

This feels like Snyder's most meticulously crafted film since Watchmen. MoS and BvS don't hold a candle to them desu. I hope Justice League is better.

Feminists are too dumb to realize this movie is pro-women though.

It's hinted at because the man driving the bus is the mentor.

I never saw it, as a true pro-feminist film was it any good?

what does crayon pop have to do with anything

I love this meme

reminded me of them. Why?

It's just people memeing, m8.

How feminist.

I came to this movie (:^)) wanting nothing more than Zack aesthetics and Jena Malone.

Didn't disappoint I thought it was pretty cool.

This scene is not worth a half without music

Yeah, despite the fact that Snyder himself pointed it out in an interview and referenced this video. All just meme.

slashfilm.com/video-you-dont-understand-sucker-punch/

youtube.com/watch?v=qQm1rBqh53Y

>The prism by which the movie is shown self reflects to the viewer their own ugliness.

It doesn't though. The viewer is free to indulge in the pleasure of seeing attractive women however they will. What the kino actually does is portray women in a situation in which empowerment is only possible by paradoxically choosing to submit to the desires of men. Really, this does make the film genuinely feminist in ways that most films won't dare to, as it is willing to go beyond the "girl is strong, therefor we must admire this" and portray desperation and the willingness to degrade oneself in pathetic ways instead. The actions of the girls are hence both disgusting and admirable, and this is delightful to watch.

pretty loose definition of "attractive women" you got there

>tired, dirty, ragged looking men, some of them probably with the early stages of trenchfoot are somberly fighting the enemy

>women exaggerate themselves and dress like big attention whores in their own fantasy

Sounds about right. Maybe Snyder does get things more than people give him credit for.

It's kind of genius when you think of it. By forcing men and women to indulge in this extreme objectification disguised as female empowerment it reveals how both sides are terrible for women: Female empowerment in film encourages women to create their fantasy worlds where they have agency when they're being oppressed and nerds feel guilty and self-conscious for indulging in these sexual fantasies.

Once again Snyder is one step ahead of the general public and critics.
As one article points out, this movie wouldn't even be discussed in this light if it weren't for the slutty outfits that the protagonists wear.

Ultimately, the film shows how men and women alike can fall victims to a society where their identity is forced and argues that they don't get to choose with true agency.

WTF i hate germans now!!