I think this image speaks for itself

I think this image speaks for itself.

This is a photo of the new Death Note movie netflix is making. The man in the picture? L. I'm sure you can spot the problems here. He's black and he's out in the fucking open giving some speech. Even though you know a massive part of L's character was him not wanting people to know who he is or what he looks like.

What is your take on Netflix's L?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Amazon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nigger/10

what's he protesting

>Even though you know a massive part of L's character was him not wanting people to know who he is or what he looks like.
He's wearing a hood and balaclava you autist

>Death Note movie netflix is making
I thought it was a tv series?

He's out in the fucking wide open and giving a speech to a fucking crowd.

Makes me wonder how they'll end up changing Misa's character.

I think this is supposed to be the scene where L makes a death row inmate publicly declare that he will catch Kira, to which Kira kills him then L announces that wasn't L and that wasn't Ls real name.

OP is a moron

WE

I hope the asians get pissed at the Asiarasure but I know they're too beta.

Wearing a hood and a balaclava

It that even IS L, as stated here

Think again retard.

>Scarlet Johanson vaguely resembles the Ghost in the Shell chick but its a hate crime because shes white, not asian.

>Nigger who looks nothing like L is fine.

>>Sup Forums when they changed everybody from japs to betawhite
>BRAVO NETFLIX!!
>SAVIOURS OF THE PROUD ANIMUWATCHING WHITE RACE
>Sup Forums when they changed one of the characters to black
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
>ITS ANOTHER SHOAH!!!

That's why he's out in public, idiot, the inmate is already dead and he's just announced the broadcast only went out in Seattle or something, pinpointing Kiras location

Do you even Deathnote

Looks like a mudslime

What happened to Netflix? It's like they're tailoring all their content to children and adolescents.

The contrast between OC on Netflix and Amazon Prime is staggering. Amazon Prime is aimed at adults.

Well, the fact that everybody else has been race-lifted means I have no inherent problem with Americanized L being black.

That said, they should still be faithful to the character's personality. I'm skeptical as to how this will turn out, this guy being a rapper and all.

Well at least whites and asians have similar skin tone. Their facial structure is different but they're closer looking than fucking blacks and any other race.

Margaret Qualley lloks like a hotter version of Emma Roberts.

Should I watch Deathnote or Paranoia Agent first?

Should I watch them at all?

>Implying this is actually L and not a guy posing as him who gets killed for taunting Kira.
Pfft

The original L is a caricature. Anime characters don't translate well into more realistic setting.

>All black men look alike

That's obviously not Stanfield

The actor is even listed on IMDB

Directed by Adam Wingard so it'll be kino

>What happened to Netflix? It's like they're tailoring all their content to children and adolescents.
That's because that's where the money/viewership has always been.

Plus, in the 21st century, you've got the added bonus of adults who wish they were children, and desperately cling to that despite all evidence to the contrary, so they count as well.

Thanks "geek" "culture".

That's not Keith Standfield

its well within L's character to use a double

>egyptians were black
>vikings were black
>celts were black
>japanese were black
>chinese were black
>hannibal was black
>shakespeare was black
>aztecs were black
>mayans were black
>incans were black

wad is your problem white boi??

>change a Japanese woman into Jew in Ghost
>looks fantastic guys love it!!! can't wait for this movie!!

>change a white guy into a black guy
>MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS!!

>Do you even Deathnote

Do you? L wouldn't need to be out in public to do that, nor would he want to. Fucking cuck.

Liberals are hypocrites
More news at 11.

>>egyptians were black
>>vikings were black
>>celts were black
>>japanese were black
>>chinese were black
>>hannibal was black
>>shakespeare was black
>>aztecs were black
>>mayans were black
>>incans were black
lol no

>Do you even Deathnote

he still reveals that hes a nigger. he also has a lot of enemies who would love to kill him. showing yourself like this is retarded as fuck.

You mean an adapted piece of media is different from its source? Really?

Also that's not L

It's funny because white people were doing the same in the past.

dafuq are you on, everyone was complaining that scarjo got the nip role

>the plebs upset about this are the same plebs crying about the female ghostbusters
you can't make this shit up
complete and utter plebs

Death Note anime is shit, watch Paranoia Agent it's fucking amazing and also Satoshi Kon's one and only TV production.

Will still watch, and likely enjoy.

>Make the Asian characters white
>Make the white character Asian
>Make the 3/4 white 1/4 Asian character black

Everyone was bitching about Scarjo as an actress and a jew while defending the idea of an all white recast.

Yeah, I'm scared for Amazon Prime more than anything.

When I saw that Netflix series Love, I thought what a bunch of pandering nonsense.

In the manga L has inmates condemned to death broadcasting threats to the 'killer' on television but only one inmate's speech is being broadcasted to a select part of the country. When light kills the inmate thinking that it's L, he inadvertently reveals the part of the country he is living in to L which is the first step in L catching up to Light as the main suspect

It's like they are doing this on purpose.

> L is a fucking nigger

i'm done

I agree, Netflix should make shows for mature adults such as ourselves that peruse Micronesian fishhook-crafting boards.

Watch both fampai

I don't mind L's character being black. If they are moving the setting from Japan to US then it makes sense to make the cast more racialy diverse.

What I mind is which actor they chose. I just don't see that guy pulling off being an autistick fuck like L. Half of his character was that he was a weirdo.

If they make him all suave 'I am a liberal's wet dream' black guy or a thug I am out.

Well if they aren't going to fucking go by the source material why don't they just make their own fucking show?

Who cares.

And the movie was going to suck anyways. Fuck remakes, especially Americanized ones.

police violence

brand recognition

They can sell the same shit to a new audience (and the old audience, who will pay for it again) without having to be creative.

>vaguely resembles the Ghost in the Shell
WAT

Should've used the same premise with a different story and characters.

it better be this

Black lives matter, it's been confirmed the racial demographics of Light's victims will be a plot point.

What are you talking about? It's about the same ratio.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Amazon

Weebs will hate it for autistic reasons.

All the while forgetting that they are not the target market any more.

The show will be ok, even good. Normies will love it and hate the jap comic and cartoon.

A character being changed in an adaptation is meaningless.

ITT: literal children aka weebs losing their shit because a real world adaptation is different from their super realistic sri lankan finger puppets.

And if this is an issue with the fact that an American company is making it, I'll remind you of all the trash anime adaptations Japan is responsible for, most recently Attack on Titan.

if you really, without a shred of a doubt, think that a literal death note adaptation would translate well into a us show/movie there is something inherently wrong with your brain.

>not an emo hair faggot.
>cool black person who actually looks like a detective
oh no anything but that

>black
>cool
>detective

He's just up there promoting his mixtape and calling out Kira for killing black people that "DINDU NUFFING WONG DEM BE GOOD BOIS!!"

>Looks like a detective
>Guy looks like he just got done browsing /fa/ circa 2012

Uh

>that finger

Inshallah brother

I wanna live where you are where detectives wear /fa/ nightmare hoodies and halfmasks.

There's absolutely 0 (zero) chance this will be good. Casting doesn't matter, they could have the most british whitest neet you can imagine be L and it'd still be utter horse shit

This is the exact same case as ghostbusters. There's a shit movie and you keep making threads about it because something triggered you, then it was women now it's a nigger. It's shit regardless

ahahaha

Dumb fucking shit.

Don't care.

Yep, that's out of original character

Maybe hes the decoy that gets killed one page later.

>Make the Asian characters Jewish

FTFY

bandana hoodie means cool badass hero character

also pic related ends that particular arguement

Don't care. Netflix told me they are increasing my monthly free to 10$ on the 22nd, so I'll unsubscribe by the time this shit comes out anyway.

You guys are really trying your hardest to meme this.

The movie looks really bad though.

Are they going to give Ryuk and the other shinigami a body or are they just going to portray them as voices in your head or some stupid shit like that?

He's not meant to be "cool" nor a hero. He's a stinky unwashed NEET whose only saving grace is being loaded and a genius apparently. Not someone who'd particularly care about appearances like Mr. BLM in OP's pic.

every movie aimed at tweens is bad

why is L in black lives matter

No shinigami.

American troops being stationed in the holy land of Saudi Arabia.

>mfw it becomes popular
>mfw the part where L eats nothing but sweets and shit and claims it's doable as long as you track your calories comes up
>mfw people die of diabetes as skellies because they apply anime to real life
kek

CGI costs money.

My bet is that they are gonna remove them completely, probably say some nonsense like "we removed it because shinigami would be too weird for non-Japanese audiences."

cultural appropriation is ok if a nigger does it

>He's black and he's out in the fucking open giving some speech. Even though you know a massive part of L's character was him not wanting people to know who he is or what he looks like.

Wow it's almost like this is probably not L and this is just the show doing the scene where Kira tries to kill L by using the shinigami eyes but then kills the wrong person.

Come the fuck on Sup Forums

>every movie aimed at tweens is bad

Nah, some of them are good.

source on this?

if they implement them they'll just be men in suits like lucifer in constantino or something lame like that I bet

>cultural appropriation is ok if a nigger does it

Zendaya would have been a great Alita though.

At least she got a role in Spider-Man.

The point of his character is that everybody expected L to be cool, not some NEET that only eats candy and is autistic as fuck.

a fucking death note move adaption?

oh my god I thought this was a joke are you fucking kidding me there's like 1000000000 books out there movies can be based on. but no, you had to choose some shitty tv show for teenagers. who thought this would ever, EVER be a good idea? The character is lacking in personality and was written to crave the delusional thoughts of edgy teenagers, with significant characters that are mere devices for that purpose. The plot itself drags on and on far beyond the point where it should've ended (ah yes, Kira outsmarted by a bunch of autistic kids from the autism academy that we've never been introduced to before besides maybe a few episodes ago. what a twist). For the re-adaption to be good so many things would need to be changed from the anime that you might as well just say its just loosely based on DN.

Yes I know there's a manga but lets get real has there ever been a good comic to movie adaption apart from maybe Nolan's The Dark Knight? And that was Nolan backed by probably every major broadcasting company at the time in some form. This is Netflix, who admittedly produce good stuff but this is extremely ambitious.

I really hope they're just using the general concept from DN and aren't going to follow the source material too close.

So whats the story behind the notebook?

Aliens?
Ancient evil awakens?
Satan?
All of the above?

>if they implement them they'll just be men in suits like lucifer in constantino or something lame like that I bet

I don't think they are gonna do them at all. The fact that they are weird and alien-looking is what makes people accept them as ghosts. If they show up as people in suits it would be even more confusing.

i think its cool that they turned L into deray

Super hi tech neural net that connects to a network of hitmen through brain imagery

Death Note should be a musical
I'd see that. but only if its a musical

Nigganote feat. L-dog and Killa