Is there anything worse than having social anxiety?

is there anything worse than having social anxiety?

i seriously feel like there's no point on living anymore. i'm practically unloveable because of this. i'm miserable. i'm incompetent in the real world, considering most of everything requires human interaction

i do like to think i have some valuable features that not everyone has, and tbh i feel like i'm more intelligent than most people out there. but this disorder has ruined my whole life.

never had a boyfriend, have no friends no reason to live.

considering suicide rn

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_OvpzForHyU
youtube.com/watch?v=KIiUqfxFttM
youtu.be/cC33gH6RE5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post your picture

I have social anxiety since teenager, shit sucks but i just don't give a fuck anymore and focus on my buissness, things are getting better

Like 1 in 1,000,000,000 people on this planet are worth knowing at all. Don't seek validation and answers from the masses of retards. Find strength and inspiration within, and create the world you want to live in.

Thinking you're more intelligent than everyone else does not mean you actually are.

You probably just view from afar judging everyone non stop and then freak out when youre the focus of attention for fear of being judged.

All I can say is IKTF.

Oh, and there's definitely worse. This shit has fucked me up, too, though, fam.

How about you focus on getting money and further in life rather than being social. And then take a trip somewhere.

Suicide is for lazy fucks and earns zero respect

no

i'm not even objectively "ugly" to be fair. in fact people tend to say i'm rather good-looking (though not hot), but yeah i have this disorder

i also have some other issues and have had problems with substance abuse and etc in the past but i think this is the thing that gets in my way the most

what kind of substances do you abuse?

Shut up and go outside you overly needy faggot

Just show your face, come on

That's because living life is hard, and copping out and blaming everything on a "disorder" that you have no control over is easy. It relieves you from taking responsibility. You're already dead. You gave up before the fight began.

There is time to change your mind, but you probably won't, as most don't...

Oh so now you're attractive and intelligent.

Then quit complaining and over analyzing everything. Fuck you sound like you're 16. I have a hard time believing anyone over the age of 20 would talk so retarded

stop being gay and you might be less anxious

What the fuck is this shit. Go post your faggot feelings on some mothers forum. Pathetic cunt.

I have social anxiety, I shake kinda like shivering when it starts up, but usually I don't say a word and just sit there. Try finding something you like. I started skateboarding, skaters accept other skaters, I would've never met the friends I have if I didn't find something I liked that is social, just keep looking

youtube.com/watch?v=_OvpzForHyU

what do you mean talk retarded ? i have 22 yo friend who takls way more retarded.
You dont know anything about life.

want to chat me up? maybe we can be friends, swap some nudes, who knows?\

Not sure if bait or 17 yo anymore

Hahah gotta be bait

man i am not even op... I just told you to not be fucking naive. there are 40 yo people talking etarded stuff.

your life is bait.

why are you considering the worst final option while you are probably still young, have lots of things to discover about the world and life.Your anxiety can be conquered

You are not the only one with problems, there are people to help you

youtube.com/watch?v=KIiUqfxFttM

I'm in the same boat nigga, praying for societal collapse instead of the suicide because then social norms wither away and I'll be embraced by nature until the end of my days

you guys are funny

i was joking though, deep down i know i wouldn't be able to do it i'm too much of a coward.

but i needed to vent about this.

i see everyone happy around me, doing what they like, etc. Everyone has a group of friends, even the worst of my old classmates seem to be engaging in relationships whereas i'm currently struggling to just get out of the house

sorry if i talk retarded english is not my first language.

and i'm 21

I wish I had some answers for you OP, but I'm in a similar situation.

I'm 33, suffer from debilitating social anxiety (I'm almost certain I'm on the lower end of the autism spectrum), I've been single my entire life, and I barely make enough money to keep me above poverty level despite having a degree.

Like you, I don't think I'm unattractive, but I have little to no self-esteem.

I've contemplated suicide on and off for years, and even came pretty close to go through with it during my college years (running the car in a closed garage).

Maybe knowing you're not alone in these experiences will make you feel some better.

are you me?

Inb4 being a huge faggot or no

Anxiety is obsessing over the future, depression is obsessing over the past.

Anxiety almost always gets better with time. It may never go away completely, but I promise it will get much easier to manage. Take a small step out of your comfort zone every once in a while, even if it means taking two big steps back each time. I know this is generic, paint by numbers advice, but it really is true. Even as an anxious sperglord, life can be incredible and it would be a goddamn shame for you to throw it away like that. Hang in there

[email protected]
I'm an unreliable mess myself, but if you ever feel like you need to vent to someone who doesn't think you're just being dramatic...

let me guess: you live in a city in a wirst world country.

>embraced by nature until the end of my days
You mean death from exposure in a matter of days.

Also, social anxiety does suck a fatty. Surely you have someone in your life that you feel comfortable talking to. If not, find a doc or something. Open up to them, tell them you need help.

Never forget that you're not alone but nobody's going to knock on your door asking if you need help either.

i'm 20 and actually recovered from all of that shit.
My first gf killed herself and my best friend died of cancer a year ago.
also have no prospects of the future but i''m doing great right now.

Want to talk to someone who already beat it?

Full disclosure i'm going to flirt with you tho

this is normal don´t but into it. Read some self help books, watch some motivation and self help videos on youtube. Be grateful to live in a 1th world, that you even have internet and not have to work in poverty 20 hours a day in some shithole in India.

Read Camus.

same

I had a severe psychosis last august and I am still struggling through it. I´m afraid as dead it might come back but so far I did so many things I never thought of doing, I dared to go outside again, talk to people, meet new people, make friends and finishing my bachelor degree. Never give up bro. Never give up.

I am not OP but ur somewhat right.

But I have a disorder/illness that I have no control over. Forget disorder I will just explain in plain words.. I have multiple traumas from my adult life and getting over them is so difficult. I have tried therapy and everything else for 5 yrs and I haven't moved just one bit.

Be thankful your anxiety doesn't bring on extreme derealization like me. I basically dissociate from reality when anxiety gets too intense.

that is stragne. go to a pschyatrist.

Imagine if the purpose of this life was to have horrible, horrible struggles that we must endure and overcome.

I understand where you're coming from, OP.

I suffered with social anxiety for many years, and still do from time to time. It's just not as bad now as when I was younger.

I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

haha no. there is no purpose that is universal or taken into another stage of existance. youre here. you life here. you die here.
the end.

what about the other 4 hours? poopy for a rupee?

completely agree

Worse? Maybe a real problem.

this is actually a good attitude to stand by, if for no other reason that it allows you to have a genuine ego life experience.

Psych major. Take what I say with a pinch of salt

There's a great book named Intetpersonal Communication by Albert Mehrabian, read that.

But from personal experience and someone who grew with no friends, I can safely say the best thing to do is start paying more attention to what social ques you miss. And the biggest thing ive found is maintaining positivity even if it's a load of shit. Chances are people like you fine when they meet you, you just need to slow down and see it.

can you greentext story please?

I feel you man. All I want is to have a satisfying conversation with someone again. I used to love going out and talking to people. I used to go outside every single day when I was a kid. It's been years since I've really talked to someone.

All my relationships I've ever had were thrown away because I can't talk to people. I can't talk to my dad, my mother, my brothers, I can't talk to people online for fucks sake. I'm so alone. It sucks to know that nobody cares about you.

I've tried therapy but I don't feel comfortable talking to the therapists. Every shrink I've had says I'm the worst case they've ever seen. I'm probably gonna kill myself eventually. I'll give it a couple years.

>start paying more attention to what social ques you miss.
This is the problem with aspies, they lack that natural feel and flow, charm and character that true socialites have. Instead, like everything else, we autistic fucks have to have a clinical and formulaic approach just to imitate a basic social experience.

get one bf let him fuck you how we want so he won't need to cheat on you. And also let him pay for everything so you just have to stay at home your whole life fuck sometime and that it you'll make someone happy don't suicide like an useless person try to be valuable

Op you're a faget

If you're willing to tell this to a bunch of random people you don't know the identities of, let alone meet them irl then you should be able to tell a stranger at home

Do you know why? Because no one here gives a shit, and no one at home will give a shit - but that's a good thing. Most of the time it's easier to make someone shut up by comforting them and being helpful, rather than making it worse by being a dick

Worst that will happen if you open up is you get called a faget in person but then most of the responses here will probably be worse anyway

Overall, stop being a retard pussy who thinks people care about you and your social anxiety and go and just talk to them as if they're anons here

Xanax? Klonopin? Duh?

Or just start drinking. Highly addictive, but at least no social anxiety.

Basically I feel unreal. I become too self aware of my existence and it brings on a wave of intense anxiety and physical symptoms.

Derealization dude. It's a symptom of severe anxiety. I used to have this as well, or I got used to the feeling and stopped being aware of it.

What do you mean by too aware? Like how humanity and yourself is pointless in the long run?

I'm curious, user

Melissa?

Well here's your other problem. 9/10 times you aren't an aspie and you just choose to hide behind that excuse so that you don't have to venture into uncomfortable territory. You can keep blaming it if you want, but from your reply it's fairly obvious you probably don't fall on the spectrum. My cousin who's 8 has autism so my family knows a fair bit about it.

>Full disclosure i'm going to flirt with you tho

Got ourselves a predator, boys

Please, get help. As in look for a psychiatrist. Talk to your family, be sincere. Knowing that you have so many issues, talking to the right people, will bless you with friends. They are HARD to know and get, trust me, everyone suffers from it all over the world, but they exist. There are people that will love you with all your defects, because there are things in you that you can't see by yourself that makes you beautiful.

I would be your buddy if I could. Try playing videogames online; some MMO. They help a lot to combat anxiety thanks to their free open nature. c:

that happened to me as well, became a recluse from it. stop smoking weed

this book doesn't exist on amazon. . . . please check

No, it's not a philosophical question of reality or existence. It's my perception of reality. It seems off and strange. It feels weird being alive. Like when you play a video game or watch a 3-D movie for too long and your mind struggles to adjust back to reality.

social anxiety is almost always developed from too many bad social interactions. Most people that have it at one time were popular or at least normal. Stems from depression. when you are depressed you just dont want to talk to people, so you just seem like a dick even if you are trying your best at keeping the conversation going.

stop worrying about what other people think and just do whatever makes you happy.

eventually someone else who enjoys the same things will see your happiness and join in. works for me. I used to be a social spaz that considered himself intellectually superior to his peers. Then I started smoking weed and realized that everything I was worrying about did not really matter. No one really cared, they were too worried about their own shit.

So just relax, no one gives a shit, except the people making fun of you, but they are just doing that to entertain themselves, if you were not there they would be making fun of something else. So don't let it bother you.

did she state her age anywhere?

i also struggle with social anxiety.... i just got myself to call a psychotherapist 2 days ago. i want to do some kind of in depth analysis of why i became like this
i know people who go to therapy who say it helps just talking about it
i hope you can find the strength to seek help
i've tried doing little steps myself, i was proud of myself for things that are pretty natural for other people but still.. just don't expect wonders but it can get better bit by bit

this. i get it from time to time whenever i'm out in public but far less frequently than before. you just have to keep going at it and push yourself.

Getting set on fire, having splinters shoved under your fingernails and so on, yeah there are a lot of wore things.

Sorry thats another one by Peter Hartley. Good book too

The Mehrabian one was Silent Messages

That's the problem with people who base their self worth on other people, they get disappointed. What op needs to do is to start thinking positively about themself, as well as other people. If they chose to believe what negative stuff people say about them, rather than what they deem to be good and bad traits for themself, then of course they are going to be depressed.
It's a story about what makes you happy and how you improve yourself for you, not for other people.

I speak for myself, but the last year I just had was the happiest ever because I decided to just love myself as well as loving other people. I realised life is pointless as anything but an experience, so what's the point of experiencing bad shit, might as well try to be as happy as you can, so just do whatever you want to make you happy and don't give 2 shits about what anyone else says

I wish I could give you a hug OP.

Op. Im with you on this. But there is help. Ive recently switched to anti psychotics. first generation and second generation antipsychs and i feel that it has helped. Im a weak in, and im beginning to feel that heavy dark cloud of depression and anxiety lift.

Do yourself a favor and just admit you know something is wrong with you, and take the medication. It will help. I promise

Forgot to say this here also, but the more you love yourself, the more empathetic you become as a human being to talk to others (because you know how to get out of bad shit more and can give helpful advice), so loving yourself isn't selfish, what I've seen some people try to preach

Anyone who tries to live for everyone else but neglects themself is an idiot

Honestly, as a normal person you wouldnt understand just as I ONCE didnt comprehend mental illness until it happened to me. Its a very physical sensation that takes over your life.

Im only starting to recover cause admitting i was suffering from a mental illness was the hardest step. Then staying on the medication cause once you feel normal youll want to stop taking the meds, but apparently thats not how it works. You gotta stay on.

its beena couple of weeks since I started taking the meds, and its helped alot.

My question is how can you preach about being positive yet, you spew toxicity from your mouth contrary to what youre preaching?

op the drugs might have played a role, started at 18, now 25 with terrible anxiety

i've always been an anxious person but it really made it worse

what drugs btw

>is there anything worse than having social anxiety?

yes, tons of people have this, and you will probably meet people like you who will find this very appealing in you since it makes you relatable to them

>I feel like I'm more intelligent than most people out there

Even if this may be true, thinking this is a dead end street. You have to be very grateful for the intellectual gifts we all possess. Sometime's it's harder to see in some, but those people have valuable insight too.

>considering suicide rn
As unpopular of an opinion this may be on a board like this, seeking God is the best decision you will ever make

Anyone who thinks
>i'm more intelligent than most people out there.
Is not.

You're stupid on top of it OP, might as well suck start a shotgun.

stop basing yourself on income and sexual partner.

God loves you and wants you to love Him.

thats not what causes depression. maybe for specific cases. some people go through real shit that unless you have been through it you really cant just say oh just buck up, you'll be fine. Sure you wont die but personally if I was happy then I would think there was something seriously wrong with me.

Well god does not exsist :P

lmao, wtf?
how does morality and consciousness exist without god?

a zealot = good person

Don't forget to stay grounded, fam. I'm in the same boat and have been for much longer. It doesn't go away but you will learn tricks to deal with things and function closer to appropriately. You will also gain confidence in expressing your own needs in a given situation as you learn what works for you. Don't ever let anyone make you feel that you're unreasonable.

You are currently communicating with people about a very serious down to earth topic WTFareYouTalkingAboutantisocial.jpg

Live like this and you will all be fine

youtu.be/cC33gH6RE5k

Well, who created god.... nothing can come from nothing or can it? A magical beeing creating him self yeah right.

I am an atheist but I recognize the value in christian morals.

Am I damned to hell for eternity because I realize there is no god, even if I follow his teachings?

typing out sentences on autism.jap is different from speaking to real human beans

You do know terrorists are like the definition of a zealot right?

>good people

it's impossible to say what is certain and certainly not for anyone to say.

>anything worse than having social anxiety
I think losing your father in 9/11 and having your mother hang herself the day after and being sent to a foster home where you are repeatedly molested and not believed is worse than your special snowflake disorder.

According to the bible definatly.
According to meddile eval priests... pay enough and we will see to it.
According to jesus.... probably not

But the book you follow says I am.

Im pretty sure having the bubonic plague or cancer is worse.

Stop being a little pussy, i had meningitis as a kid and it left me with crippling anxiety since, just suck it up and stop caring.