That part where the it sounds like he's crumbling paper after every verse

>that part where the it sounds like he's crumbling paper after every verse

Hnnnnng this part is so genius. Ill never understand the contrarian Kendrick haters. This man is truly the king of all rap.

I'd reckon half the anti kendrick posters don't even listen to hip hop

Wow, crumbling paper, so genius

kendrick is prtty gud but our standards should have been this high 10 years ago

if it isn't genius why didn't you do it first

Just kendrick doing kendrick, taking visualization to another level, displaying the stress of making a song like this in less then a day.

I love it when his wife calls him and his like "WHAT? CAN YOU NOT SEE IM WRITING A SONG?"

Loved it, could see a perfectly clear picture. He did this on "u" as well.

Jesus christ, only underages truly could be impressed by these dumb gimmicks.

good kid maad city was a good, if not flawed album but everything else he's done is pretty bad desu. All his "innovations" have been little more than superfluous add-ons to boring content.

>crumples paper
>LE GENIUS
Kendrick fans are getting more delusional by the day

its the little things man

if there is an argument for kendrick being a genius (which i think he is) on this track it's not during that part

i would say it's his rhythm. super subtle things. like he doesn't start right on beat like try to memorize exactly when he comes in it feels really unnatural but also totally loose and totally natural. then like the way the structure of the song is built and the instrumentals which i understand he makes with a bunch of musicians he like directs. i mean it's all the subtlety of it that makes it special and that stuff is all effortless to him now cause you can't fake years you pour into shit.

I'm just saying i like how he vivid his been making his music.

I don't think it's genius, just a nice touch to the song

>*glass breaks*
>'dude that's dumb'
>crumples paper
'wtf I love cuckolding now! Kendrick is the best!'

Who do you think is a better rapper and why?

his voice is shit

I just dont get the love. He sounds like shit. His rapping is awful, flow not impressive. His best rapping was on section.80, and since then his music has gotten progressively more self-indulgent, him experimenting with goofy vocals to sound "deep". There is not a lot of talent there. I feel like he could fart through the whole track and people would find a way to call it genius.

that whole description reeks of someone who is not musically inclined (noinstrument) and knows no theory; expected from a "man" who cites Kendrick lamar as a genius and role model

this a cringe thread?

Yung Lean because he is more innovative. Rap is a joke

>He sounds like shit. His rapping is awful, flow not impressive.

wew

Kanye because he actually takes musical risks instead of constantly rapping about muh struggles or muh social inequality

nah i studied music theory in college and have been recording my own music for years. i wouldnt necessarily say kendrick is my role model i mean in some ways i strive to be like him i guess but yeah i think hes a genius. but also i think people don't realize just how abundant genius is so it feels so heavy when people say it

Kendrick stans REALLY like to take things out of proportion, I bet if he really did fart through an album they would claim that it's a testament to how "shitty" rap and social conditions are.

I know you guys are young, but I can promise you this isn't worth talking about at all.

Thanks for proving you haven't actually paid attention to kendricks music

lmao, the nasly flow was never more potent then on sec80 lol

BRAAAP

doesn't listen to hip-hop

rap music is for gay white college kids with small penises

Pharoahe Monch for starters. If you're talking modern-day then there's Denzel Curry for better flow, Shabazz Palaces for better rapping period, Kate Tempest for better social commentary, CunninLynguists and Lil Ugly Mane for better production. Your options are endless really. You don't have to settle for gimmicky Kendrick as your GOAT

>paying attention to a rapper with bad flow

he shouldn't have called this track "the heart"

it's so fundamentally different from the other three

>I'd reckon half the anti kendrick posters don't even listen to hip hop

Its the other way around, people who've listened to older Nas, Wu-Tang, Ras kass, Jay-Z, Mobb Deep etc know that Kendrick fucking sucks and there's nothing really impressive about his rapping

Not exclusively. Hip-hop is too much of a culture industry genre for me to ever dwell in it for too long. I'm a admitted hip-hop tokenist, but that's b/c hip-hop as a genre doesn't have near enough content (inb4 samples, few hip-hop artists actually use them well in a way that isn't just a footnote) for me to inquire further in. Better to search for music in genres which half the big releases aren't marketed to dumb teenagers.

It's not that he's just crumpling paper... It's a small detail that gives the track character. Attention to detail is one of the things that makes someone a good artist.

>insightful social awareness
>nuance and density
>gimmicky

How much of a faggot do you have to be to actually believe this?

>Not taking into account how he's preserving their legacy and keeping hip hop down to earth
You're fucking up

Except every one of those rappers supports Kendrick Lamar. How do you explain that?

>there's nothing really impressive about his rapping
Yes there is. Other good rappers existing doesn't mean Kendrick is suddenly bad.

I've listened to far more hiphop than you ever will and I think you're talking out of your giant gaping asshole tbqh.

the beats are shit

my actual feces sliding down your throat? That's shit.

i can find better "trap" beats on a datpiff tape