Doctor Who General - /who/

Faction Paradox edition

Gobbled by Lolita:

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x30xxkn
youtu.be/vtxnaxAZfnE
youtube.com/watch?v=-QiR684csQA
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/704343634825629697
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lodger_(comic_story)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder Gareth hates 6, 7 and 12 and thought they were miscast.

This is a great photo.

It's not a glamour shot or anything, she's fully dressed, yet it still really "does it for me" if you know what I mean. Definitely some spongy erectile tissue filling with blood. The way she seems overwhelmed by all the things she's carrying, it's almost as if she's in mild distress. You just want to take everything off her hands and tousle her hair. The fact that the material of her tee-shirt is so soft and flimsy, and is also being pulled tight against the right breast by the strap of her handbag. The slightly parted lips and sideways glance. Her girlishly bare legs and innocent, frowsy, sandals. The crowning achievement of the photographer was to capture her in the act of grabbing her handbag and some article of clothing she must have shrugged off earlier. The position of her hand, almost directly over her groin, makes her look like a Greek nymph in a classical painting who has been surprised while bathing. A nymph trying, but not too hard, to preserve some modesty by demurely holding a piece of fabric over her mons pubis.

It's pictures like these that remind me that Western Civilization is still worth saving.

Very true. I think the best trailer was definitely Series 5's.

dailymotion.com/video/x30xxkn

>You were listening, of course.
Listen!

Have "Spinning Jenny" and whatever the other new book is called, been released?

I have no context for this conversation, but agree this is the best Doctor Who trailer ever cut.

Reminder that Gareth hates Capaldi now but once said

>I got the rushes sent to me every day and I was punching the air at the performances of Peter, Jenna and Sam.

Yep, because he's hardly likely to slag it off, is he? Also he felt 12 was miscast, so wrote him to his own tastes in The Caretaker, but obvs didn't like anything else of 12.

This could have redeemed Journey's End but it lead to fucking nothing

youtu.be/vtxnaxAZfnE

He was singing a different tune on twitter when Series 8 was airing. Something happened behind the scenes, or he got butthurt about not being asked back for series 9. He didn't complain about Capaldi's Doctor being too scary and mean until later, oddly considering that's when Capaldi's Doctor lightened up.

I'd discount the "butthurt" option cos he didn't write for Series 7, and didn't kick up a fuss then. So something else happened for sure.

>Roberts doesn't like 12 because he's not 'nice' but is pretty much the only writer to write him acting like a petty asshole

12 in the Caretaker was just one dimensionally grumpy

He wrote a skit with Matt/Jenna for one of the 50th shows, but was otherwise too busy with the Shada book to do an episode.

This is just such a solid piece of editing in general.
You can see how intelligently considered every single cut is, the way it flows from image to image (e.g. the Doctor shooting a catapult at something -> the window being broken by vampires -> vampire dude waving a torch -> the Doctor waving a sonic), the timing of action to the beat of the music, combining lines with images (e.g. Doctor saying "hold tight" just as River blasts the airlock), the way it uses moments of high action at just the right times to build excitement.

We haven't had anything like it before or since desu.

Still, I don't think he'd have kicked up a fuss, given the chance he might've been instead asked back for Series 10 (which, now, he's just burnt all bridges for the foreseeable). If he hadn't been asked back for Series 10, then I could see him getting pissy about it.

Maybe he asked Moffat about Series 9 and had a heated exchange, leading to a fall-out? As opposed to him just saying "fair enough, no room for me this year but I'll keep quiet and hope to return for Series 10")

I wish he'd come out and say it. If not outright then something subtle, but stick to his guns at least. He either blocks people or claims he's only joking when asked about some of his comments.

Maybe Capaldi asked Moffat to erase Gareth

Maybe Gareth is a fat bitter fuck

I think this is probably what happened. Moffat probably rejected his story idea or just didn't bother contacting him and now hes mad.

They should have 12 regenerate into the valeyard. Full on Doctor evil. Bill then highjacks the tardis and makes a run for it when she realizes what 12 has become. Shes alone isolated. Tardis alarm starts going off. Tardis crashes. Ends up on an alien planet She walks for a bit comes across an old farm house. Comes across an older version of 11. One who survived the events of time of the doctor and returned to galifrey to live out his final days.The planet turns out to be galifrey but in an alternate universe. She explains to 11.1 what happened. 11.1 realizes ok this is bad. Series 11 they team up and search for the valeyard and attemp to restore balance to the universe.

>One who survived the events of time of the doctor
Er, how?

sorry, think you're looking for fanfiction.net

I rewatched Bill's intro video for the first time since April. I was nervous about doing so.

I shouldn't have been. Even though the dialogue isn't Moffat on his prime form, Pearl is actually really charming and charismatic with it, it got a chuckle out of me. I can see in her line readings exactly why they thought she'd be a good choice.

I'm not convinced by her presence or skill yet but as it's such a terrible bit I'm not gonna write her off yet.

It's not even that terrible a bit desu, and I was one of the people trying to remind everyone that it was one of the audition sketches. I remembered it as way worse than it actually is.

Not yet, they're still concentrating on that Target charity anthology. Probably get a release date soon though

>Faction Paradox edition

Onto episode 2 of Underworld and my God is it ugly. Is this episode he ugliest episode ever? All the sets are just dark or just awful cgi. The characters are boring and nothing seems to be happening at all. This honestly may be the worst story I've seen...

Hey, at least RTD's cum isn't smeared on the cameras like in series 1.

I told you it gets worse m8

It is terrible, gonna keep watching. I'm surprised though, I actually enjoyed part 1 quite a lot.

Me too, that's the only part I really remember anything of, the little bit of Time Lord lore and the situation on the spaceship seems promising enough. Then it dumps you in some caves made of shit

youtube.com/watch?v=-QiR684csQA
>Doctor Who - Ultimate Battle: The Doctor vs Empress Rachnoss - BBC

>Ultimate Battle

What about this scene is ultimate, or a battle?

what the fuck am I watching?

NOooOAOAOoaoOOOAOAOOWWW

MYYYY CHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEELDRREEEEEAAAAOOWOAWHWANNNNN

Well it is their final encounter, so I guess it's "ultimate" in that sense.

>They should have 12 regenerate into the valeyard.
No. I wouldn't mind the Valeyard coming back in some form but he should be something more akin to Handy, not a full incarnation.

>Gareth hates 6

/who/ is dead in its bed.

>The line's gone by the time the camera script is prepared
>Often the case when 5th Dr in danger of saying something interesting
I guess we can add 5 to the list.

Yeah, I think his other miscast Doctor was Davison, not McCoy.

Huh? 5 didn't like his companions? I mean yeah he got agitated by Adric in some episodes but its not like hated him.

The real reason he hates Capaldi.

I don't see what he means.

Post rare Gareths

Why does he look so creepy in this photo? It's like his head is photoshopped on.

his head looks about ready to hatch

What's this about Smith coming back?

Stupidity

utterly unsubstantiated bollocks

It's BS. Literally one random guy on twitter making stuff up and somehow it spread around everywhere.

goo goo g'joob.

Money.

Why was he so ugly in Series 6?

I think its clear hes had a fallen out with Moffat for whatever reason. All these little jabs every so often at him the show and even Capaldi now.

I'd welcome his return, but Tennant should be the one coming back.

>but Tennant should be the one coming back.
Why?

tfw he comes back but with a completely different personality than 11

He just doesn't like the idea of muh dark, serious Doctor.

Because he's the best. Can even balance out shitty writing with how great he is.

But he wrote him the most one dimensionally grumpy/angry in S8 compared to every other writer. That PE stuff was just dumb desu.

Also, Chibnall worked with him on Broadchurch, so he's probably his favorite.

But that's why he's not good at writing an edgy doc, he doesn't like the idea.

But that's not even what he complains about. He's made digs about 12 playing guitar and trying to be cool, said 12's smiling made him hide behind his sofa, hated the little dance he did in Flatline. He just doesn't seem to like Capaldi in the role.

>Can even balance out shitty writing with how great he is.
No he can't, this meme has never had anything to do with reality. Bad Tennant episodes are every bit as insufferable as bad episodes under other Doctors.

When did he complain about Capaldi playing Guitar?

The show's popularity at the time despite the number of poorly-written episodes suggests otherwise.

Daily reminder. This will happen if the new Doctor is a woman or minority.

If Doctor Who only sustains itself on white supremacism then it deserves to die.

Just looked this guy up. I think he was made for us.

>Roberts also co-wrote, with Russell T Davies, "Invasion of the Bane"

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/704343634825629697

he's posted this a few times in response to discussions talk about 12 playing guitar but twitter won't let me go back farther than this

No, the ratings would spike at first and where they went from there would depend on how good the actor was.

You know what would happen. Critic would praise it, but every straight man would stop watching.

What makes you think so?

Why does putting Gareth's face on Matt make him look like a dwarf

Because Gareth is really three dwarfs in an egg costume.

What does /who/ even think of Gareth's stories? I thought The One Doctor and The Lodger are great. Not so much The Shakespeare Code.

I think all his tv episodes are either mediocre or crap. His SJA eps are a bit better. I like the Shada novelisation. Haven't read any of his other novels.

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lodger_(comic_story)

Agreed, The Lodger is max comfy while it's almost impressive how many levels The Shakespeare Code manages to be shite on. The Unicorn and the Wasp is pretty comfy as well, but I don't find any of his other tv eps particularly notable.

During the recording of the footage of the maggots around the quarrysite, several of the maggot props were in fact inflated condoms (some inflated with air, others with water). The colliery used for filming was Ogilvie Colliery near Deri, Caerphilly, while Global Chemicals was the RCA International factory in Brynmawr. The script required the Doctor to state that the maggots have "thick chitinous skin". Pertwee asked Producer Barry Letts how to pronounce the word, and Letts, unaware of the term, told him to pronounce the first syllable "chit", rather than the more correct "kite". Two days after Episode 4 was broadcast, Letts received a letter consisting simply of the words, "The reason I'm writin'/Is how to say kitin.

>Two days after Episode 4 was broadcast, Letts received a letter consisting simply of the words, "The reason I'm writin'/Is how to say kitin
The way this is phrased reminds me of when serial killers write letters to newspapers.

only sociopaths omit trailing quotes

is that from the new star wars?

Yes but it looks pretty dr who tier so I posted it here for the purposes of funposting and rusing.

I'm not sorry that I saw through your chicanery and exposed you for the rascal that you are. Ha ha you can't fool me!

Gareth was OK in SJA, but he has nothing on Phil Ford.

Curse you user! You have foiled my shenanigans!

Can /who/ give me a recap of what happened in parts 1-3 of ...Ish I listened to them spaced out between three weeks and then I never finished it. Last time I listened was about 3 months ago. Want to get it over and get to the next audio and then probably lose interest again.

You are a massive piece of shit for using these pictures. Burn in Hell.

It's the girl who recently died from cancer.

Oh. That is unfortunate.

It's heartless and being an utterly cunt. Poor form and bad taste all around. The poor kid wasn't even 18 IIRC. This is disgusting. I know we're on Sup Forums but this doesn't mean human decency and respect has gone AWOL. Fuck's sake.

Calm down user. You're making a big deal out of nothing. What's so terrible about posting a picture of someone who has since died?