ITT: Games you loved as a kid, but hate as an adult

ITT: Games you loved as a kid, but hate as an adult.

(Pic related)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VIII#Development
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit the timing on your post is scary.
I never played the FF games as a kid and have been playing them on steam of late. Just finished FF IV and was looking for the next one to play not one hur ago - was thinking about FF VII. Should I? Why did you not like it?

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow

It's a decent game, but not the best FF game by any stretch

>Dialouge- I don't know if it is the translation or if the dialouge was really written that bad. The game presents itself as a serious realistic drama. You would think they would have more serious dialouge. I mean going into the game I was expecting something totally different from what was given. Instead of more mature dialouge square decided to keep the more animeish dialouge. You have characters calling each other stupid names ( Meany, Chicken wuss). The main character Squall is so overly emo it is ridiculous yet everyones wants him to lead. I guess it makes sense when the party consists of dimwits.

>Characters- the characters in the game are just so bland and boring. None of them really brought anything to the game and I wasn't interested in what they had to say. Zell was annoying, I think he character was made just to have someone dumb enough to **** up in certain situations. Irvine, I mean he was just there I guess he really isn't interesting enough for me to like him or hate him. That pretty much sums up the characters right there. Dumb or annoying. On top of that the motivation was just meh.

>Motivations- the motivation behind some of the characters is the dumbest ever. The dumbest two are ulticimea(sorry probably spelled it wrong) or Eloine. Ulticimea wants to destroy the world because she is.... Because she is evil. I mean what was square thinking, did they run out of ideas "screw it let's just make her evil". Eloine isn't so much the motivation but how she goes about trying to accomplish her goal. And the fact they never explained her power. I mean she wants to change the past yet she sends people without telling them what to do. What kind of logic is that.

I did and still love ffVIII. To each their own I guess.

because of people like you
fucking steam

The junction/magic system was really weird. I liked the game a lot though so I'd say go for it. Though IX was my favorite

Yeah dude totally. Fuck steam for making older games more widely available. Fuck off

Ultimecia wanted to be immortal by stopping time. Squall was "emo" because he was a fucking child soldier and had nothing else to live for.

Not gonna trust your opinion on "dialouge"

Every PS1 game.

yeah I've heard IX was good - will get there eventually. Just not sure if I should try V, VI, VII or VIII next.

I got to play an old game that I otherwise would have no chance of doing. Took 2 minutes to download and worked perfectly first time with no pain in the ass setup.
Yeah Steam sure does suck.
Fucking toolbox

>VI
Do it.

Why do the allowed file sizes on Sup Forums keep getting smaller?

i loved and continue to love ff8
as for the question of the thread
kingdom hearts 1
thought it ws great but replays are impossible thanks to the horrible controls

star wars shadows of the empire
for pretty much the same reason

conkers bad fur day.
found it funny, interesting and naughty as a child
now i just find it to be a horrible tryhard game with boring unfunny characters

Gran Turismo 2 is still pretty cool

ff 7, this is a good thread, i've never thought about it before. usually nostalgia keeps me in the game. but honestly i tried playing 7 again, and i just couldn't.

VII is good but itll fall short if you believe everyone about it being the best JRPG ever. The best part about it for me was Jenova was genuinely creepy and interesting.

VII

start on the earlier ones, if you can get past the graphics, they;re all good.

five is just like 1-4
six is good but still stuck in the pixel animation
seven is great even if it is overhyped by fans
9 is best
10 is alright too
id actually say do 8 first, because while a good game is not great when compared to seven or nine so you should play it first to avoid any negative comparisons and enjoy it for what it is

i actually liked 8 more than 7

>stuck in the pixel animation
That pixel animation had more emotions in it than the next three games in the franchise put together. When graphics take the lead at the expense of writing, everybody loses.

He said 7, not 8

Final Fantasy Tactics

I think VI is the best FF you should be play it, my favorite is the IX and I have good memories of VII

Really? coming from a big fan of 8( its being my first game of the series) i have to admit it has it faults. 7 gets its dick slobbered on by fans way to much but it is objectionably the better game imo when comparing game play and story.
quitis is best girl of entire series hands down though

Here is your (you), now gtfo

disagree. six is a good game, but the graphics limit it to much. theres a reason a single scene of 7 is one of the most iconic scenes in gaming

If your phone isn't a piece of shit there's no reason to play on steam. Just download an emulator and whatever ps1 game you want.

I've been playing 7 on my phone, and I still think it holds up. Sure it's no longer "omg there's nothing else like this" and a good part of it may be the nostalgia (that music baby), but it hits all the right jrpg spots.

> quitis is best girl of entire series hands down though

Fucking this squall has shitty taste in women. Rinoa was a whiny dumbass quitsis woulda succ'd that dick dry.

Also, x is a big one: ok

Yeah. Because that was the same year the internet started getting popular.

I spent countless hours getting all the ultimate weapons in X i loved that game so much but i feel like it should be played last just because it was the last good ff game. End your experience with a bang

a hot teacher with a whip who wants to tie him up and teach him biology and he goes for the bland girl who cant fight and is sucking on his rivals dick right up until she inexplicably hops on his

fuck everyone likes a different one 6/7/8. Might just start with VII there seems to be a lot of support for it. I don't know much about the hype, so over-hype isn't going to happen to me.

Thanks for the input you magnificent bastards.

lol k

This

i don't know, I'm not sure why. I just enjoyed the gameplay and the story more in 8. but 6 is probably my favorite.

And all that just to get back at daddy. Fuck

12 is a decent game, not great and certainly worse then anything before it, but its playable at least
but yea 10 is a great game, i even played x-2 just to see how the storyline turned out. for anyone curious. dont.
just youtube the cutscenes and save yourself the hassle

Fuck you OP, I never grew into an adult.

Some bitch getting stabbed doesn't hold a candle to a man who devoted his entire life to resurrecting his comatose girlfriend, going so far as to defend two other bitches with his life to assuage the guilt he felt at failing her.

It never will. No matter how "pretty" it was at the time.

you talking about squall or rhinoa? that can apply to both of them

i didnt really like IX once you got to end game auto haste life heal broke it for me

In my experience, 6 or 7 are most peoples favorites depending on which one they played first. I like 7 the best but 6 is verrry close

Half life deathmatch source. I played that shit way to much

hey man like i said your welcome to your opinion on it. but im bettitng the majority of people will disagree

>man my boyfriend was just a dream
>better get some gats and start a j-pop band lol

I got like 3 hours into it. Thanfully when I re bought X it was bundled with X-2 so i didnt really pay for it.

I love to, is a great game, can be better without that: "ha ha ha, haa" scene, that shit discount several points.

>the majority of people
You're right. But the majority of people also find Justin Bieber to be a good musician.

It was supposed to be cringy is my take on it. But thats just so I can sleep at night

yeah, whoring out the main characters will only get you so far. i did like their attempt to bring back the class system from the og final fantasies but the storyline was so boring and lame.
plus fuck them for deciding lulu wanted wakkas dick all of the sudden just so they could handwave away her not being on the team

X is a fucking horrible game. From start to finish. At least 8 had an interesting magic system, 10s was just a fucking mess. And that stupid water sports minigame where you can't control anyone. Ass ass ass.

5 is not like 1-4. Are you basing this on the graphics only?

Lulu growing to want Wakka's dick was a prominent theme in X.

Idk man theres no way wakka wasnt trying to bury his face in them titties guilt over chapus death or not

>5
>1-4
I was talking about VI. And no, I'm basing my argument on the writing.

x is a good game.
and you could control people in blitzball
are you thinking about x-2 where it was just triangles on a screen and you gave them orders before each round?
i honestly dont understand why people had problems with blitzball, if you got the jecht shot it was laughably easy, just get tidus the ball and you can basically just spam it

not really,
i mean it was there i guess, but only hinted at and in the background
i just felt it was forced in x-2 to introduce paine.
not even sure why, her backstory could have been given to lulu easy

The battle system was great and once you learned it blitzball was a good passtime at least it was different than a card game

lulu i swear on my brothers grave i will unbuckle every single one of these belts or die trying

agreed. was it 9 that had that weird coin game?

X-2 was a fast-paced game, and Lulu was always a slow character. Even in the remaster, when you recruit her, she's fucking slow.

fuck this game. good story till the group amnesia that only happens in the past for the same shit you are doing now and throughout the game, but now its okay and it doesnt happen anymore even though they say it never stops, is bullshit. and weird level upping. The story seemed forced, not as fluid as prev games or IX Zidane dude!

Nope lol it had a cardgame as well

I'm with you, nobody plays FF for gameplay (maybe the creepy ones), FF is his history, I know is a jap game, but there a tinny line between jap and the power of friendship save the world with hope, I like more the fist one, the real total sense no power of love jap.

you can recruit her in the remaster? does she change dresses like the others?

which one had a coin game
or wait was that x as well?

Motherfucker I've had seven beers and I'm not on what you're on. What the fuck are you on?

Fucking Guitar Hero. Forced my parents to buy it for me when it was new and popular, played through all the songs once, then never touched that shit again. Made them get me the sequel though... Sorry mom and dad.

She counts as a monster. You can capture monsters and shit. Wanna wreck shit with a big fuckin dragon? You can.

Can't believe I let people shill this pay to win garbage to me.

Besides, as shitty as the game was, Paine was a good shot at bringing some more intrigue to the game featuring the same characters you had already explored, which was new for them as it was their first direct sequel.

Literal oldfag here, played the first FF when it came out, but I never had a PS2 so FF9 was the last I played. Just now playing FFX remaster on PS4. The story is really out there, even for the nips, but the gameplay is quite fun. I'm enjoying it well enough so far.

6 and Tactics were my favorites.

Nevermind, I don't like some scenes from FFX, that's why is a "big one ok" that game.

>god tier
Tactics
>awesome tier
IV, VI, VII, IX
>okay tier
VIII, XII
>shit tier
X, X-2, everything after XII

This would have been an almost perfect post except you put FF8 one tier too high.

FF8 was okay, but it seriously could have been much better.

Square, in its infinite wisdom, decided they need to fuck with to story too much to make it not be too much like FF7.

>Theorist ~ "Ultimecia = Rinoa"
>Square Employee ~ "Well, maybe..."
>Square Officially ~ "Uhhhh... no... heh..."
>Theorists ~ "Then why all the allegory and connections?"
>Square Employee ~ "Well, what I m-meant to s-ay was that it m-maybe was planned..."
>Squarelazersfired.jpg
>Square Employee ~ "HAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS"
>Square Officially ~ "See! Rinoa is NOTHING like Aeris! HAPPY ENDING!"

Saving this post for a cringe thread

Dunno why that's cringe worthy when it's what happened.

Square actually scrapped elements of the story that they determined were too gritty/depressing because so many fans bawwed over Aeris' death in FF7.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VIII#Development

Some Square employee talked about (on Usenet) aspect changes to the story due to fan influence. The company prompty flipped its shit.

>VI
Do it, just because the game is as close to gold as the series gets
>VII
Well, its not the best of teh series but its in the top 3, just do it because it is kind of a landmark game and for the series.
>IX
Solid game, easily breakable but they all are really