youtube.com/watch?v=W6CjO0H2j0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

probably not the best but I love it

as classic heavy rock as it gets

That's not Back In Black.

proto buttrock.

That's not Exile On Main Street.

after forever BTFOs atheists forever & all eternity

When I first started lurking Sup Forums I was surprised and glad to see you guys love Black Sabbath
on the other hand Paranoid had major flaws, like the speedup at the end of War Pigs, or the fact it's really short and leaves me wanting more

christgau poster where are you?

That one isn't on Paranoid.

Nah Black Sabbath

QotSA rip them off all the time

>he fell for the QOTSA is bad meme

Guess again, they're great

But the Black Sabbath influence is painfully obvious

oops

still true though

no it ain't & i love The Paranoids

that's neither Sabbath Bloody Sabbath nor Sabotage

shut up you clueless proto-idiot

objectively fucking wrong

no
it's not rock it's heavy metal
& still no, they'd surpass it at least 3x

Too normalfag.

It's too bad Sabbath was never able to put out a 10/10 album. They wrote enough good songs to do it at least three times over, but every one of their classic albums has at least one dud on it.

All albums have at least 1-2 bung tracks on them.

This. Paranoid is good and everything but sabotage and bloody sabbath are god tier

take the best off SBS & Sabotage & you'd pretty much have it

it's literally rock music boiled down to it's core. it doesn't get any better than sticky fingers

pic related is the true competitor to Sticky Fingers

I hate that Black Sabbath is now the hipster "old" band of choice now

FUCK OFF

wouldn't it make more sense for you to fuck off and let people listen to what they want?

One of the best opening tracks on any dadrock album without doubt
It's fucking perfection

FINISHED WITH MY WOMAN 'CAUSE SHE COULDN'T HELP ME WITH MY DUBS

or people have always & will always love them

this is an anonymous imageboard to discuss music

are you mentally ill

No because what they listen to is wrong.

t. triggered hipster

the problem is not that hipsters are listening to Sabbath. the problem is hipsters constantly proclaiming that Sabbath is the best band ever, these albums etc are the best ever when Black Sabbath is actually far inferior to the likes of the Stones, Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

the real reason why they say it's black sabbath and not those other bands has little to do with the music and that Sabbath has a darker, less normie appealing image and are overall less popular and are still seen as kind of a 'dark horse' compared to the other bands.

I'm not saying I don't like Black Sabbath, it just grinds my gears to constantly see hipsters overrated Black Sabbath for reasons obviously other than just pure musical

Checked

PEOPLE THINK I'M INSANE BECAUSE I'M CHECKING ALL THE TIME

>black sabbath is worse than the rolling stones

nice try

stop caring about strangers on the internet

nobody is trying to impress each other here. seek help, you clearly have some kind of attention seeking social disorder

>Stoner rock without Black Sabbath influence

Rolling Stones sucks dude

No

>a british album being an all time best rock album

No fucking way. When will britbongs learn that they can't into rock?

thats not Jerry Lee Lewis Live at The Star Club

in America, mostly black people played real rock'n'roll and blues.
And later, British bands tried to recreate this sound, but with English characteristics.
what do white Americans have to do with rock'n'roll music at all? Enjoy your country.

That is literally impossible as that isn't Born to Run

Shit taste hipster autist

The Stones shit all over Sabbath

We all have disorders here friendo :^)

Mine is called Australian shitposting desu

How bad can a person's taste actually be? Like fucking kys

>American rock is better than British rock

Where the fuck do you autists even come from? Were you all dropped on your head ameribabbies?

>The Stones shit all over Sabbath
>comparing oranges with chainsaws

>using kys
fuck off faggot

Incorrect. The best "rock" album of all time is Toto IV by Toto

My guy if you think The Stones are better than Sabbath you need to seriously re-evaluate your life.

>Like fucking kys

Rolling Stones is just normie pop rock with vapid lyrics, overrated piece of shit band

>It took 4 autists on a Mongolian basketweaving imageboard to work out that the most popular and best rock band ever is actually overrated
>these autists actually think they're right and The Rolling Stones are bad

Kek look how triggered you autists get when someone dares to question muh speshul hipster band of choice. You all belong in the fucking loony bin

Led Zeppelin got crapped on by a lot of critics back then much like Sabbath. The critics generally disliked the growing trend of big budget stadium rock in the early 70s which they considered false, corporate rock.

I thought Zeppelin were only disliked for the first two or so albums. For example, Christgau never hated them.

The first two Zeppelin album were cookie-cutter blues rock, so you could understand why rock critics thought they were a manufactured band, which is probably why they started diverging into different styles starting with LZ III, to prove that they were more than just that. Zeppelin's acoustic songs are especially underrated given that Jimmy Page is one of the rare guitarists who's as skilled on acoustic guitar as he is electric.

A lot of people think Robert Plant was the weak link, but I just couldn't imagine Led Zeppelin without his hair/wailing voice/ridiculous lyrics.

How many lyrics did Plant actually write though?

LOL no even Heaven and hell is better.

And the best rock "in general terms" must be The Sex Pistols album

Page wrote some of the songs on the early albums, but by LZ IV Plant had been assigned the job of being their primary songwriter. I mean, yeah, it's always the case with bands like The Who or Oasis where the guitarist is the auteur behind it all and people dismiss the frontman as window dressing.

Led Zeppelin are like the Beatles--every member of the band was important, and they wisely decided to call it quits when John Bonham died, which was something The Who should have done.

Or the Rolling Stones post-Brian Jones.

this nigga knows

Since the Stones' best period was when they had Mick Taylor, I'd have to go with no. Besides, death or not, Brian Jones's role with the band was almost over. It's more accurate to say after Mick Taylor left is when they should have stopped.

Robert Plant is the guy who made Zeppelin not just generic blues rock. Try and imagine Terry Reid or David Coverdale coming up with a Kashmir.

Zeppelin got nothing but sarcastic comments out of the San Francisco music press for years. They did the same thing to Sammy Hagar.

tbch I like a lot more post-Moon Who songs than I like solo Plant, Page, or JPJ songs. Zep probably could have knocked out a couple more decent tracks after Bonham died. I don't see what the big deal is with bands continuing without a founding member.

Right. By LZ IV, they definitively proved that they had a unique sound and wide range. They were also the prototype for a successful rock band that practically printed money (when Zeppelin started in 1969, the Rolling Stones were broke due to poor management and record deals).

My two cents on several Page contemporaries:

1. Jeff Beck: Good player, but he was no songwriter.
2. Eric Clapton: His tone is great, but he mostly gets praise for having come up with it before anyone else did (his early work with John Mayall predates Jimi Hendrix's first album by a year). He's also not much of a songwriter and his good material is nullified to an extent by the oceans of crap he put out over the years.
3. Jimi Hendrix: The poor guy died way too young and only put out three albums, plus he had a fourth mostly completed at his death. As a lead guitarist, he easily clobbers Page, but his songwriting was never outstanding. But who knows how his career would have unfolded if he'd lived past 27? At his death, he was starting to become interested in funk, so who knows?
4. Rolling Stones/Keith Richards: Excellent songwriting team but Zeppelin beat them for range and sheer power, especially thanks to John Bonham. The Stones had too many mediocre druggie muck songs. They were capable of greatness, but their lifestyle excesses harmed them. It's hard to be a good songwriting team when the five of you can't legally live in the same country.
5. Cream: Jam band more than a studio band. They had a handful of good songs and most of them can't really be appreciated unless you're high.

6. The Who: Keith Moon had lots of frantic energy, but he couldn't master the groove the way Bonham could. Roger Daltrey doesn't compare with Plant as a singer. Pete Townshend's songwriting is ok, but it's not really my cup of tea. I tried to get through Tommy and Quadrophenia but couldn't do it. Pete was a good rhythm guitar player, of course he can't do leads to save his life.
7. Purple/Blackmore/Rainbow: Richie Blackmore is very overrated. He couldn't play rhythm guitar at all and his solos were mediocre. His tone is sometimes cool but most of the time his solos are just slop guitar. Deep Purple couldn't match Zeppelin for iconic songs. The revolving door lineup and personality clashes probably hurt.

I'd disagree in regards to Hendrix' songwriting. He was a suberb songwriter, IMHO.
Little Wing, Axis Bold as Love just as examples of great poetry
Regarding DP, I don't get your opinion on that. Blackmore was a suberb guitarist with some of the greatest solos of all time. DP also have tons of iconic songs.
With that being said, LZ are my favorite band of all time, to the extent that I even have a Zoso tattoo on my back

>DP also have tons of iconic songs
Smoke on the Water and...?

Shut up, Christgau said King Crimson's debut was ersatz shit, on the hand he loves feminist punk and hiphop, so we'll going to discard his opinion
Christgau is worse than Fantano

Child In Time, Burn, Strange Kind of Woman, Black Night, Lazy to mention a few

and in regards to Blackmore's soloing:
Child in Time
Highway Star
Why Didn't Rosemary
The Painter

>Shut up, Christgau said King Crimson's debut was ersatz shit, on the hand he loves feminist punk

Here's one of my favorite examples of him white-knighting vagina.

Blow Up Your Video [Atlantic, 1988]

The brutal truth is that sexism has never kept a good rocker down--from Muddy to Lemmy, lots of powerful rock has objectified women in objectionable ways. But _rotely_ is not among them. I mean, these guys have never known how to throw a party. Sure, their costumery was good for a laugh, but Angus Young has always been stingy with the famous killer riffs, while Brian Johnson yells too much and his voice has grown hoarse with the passing years. Their reunion with Vanda and Young no more signifies a desire to resume making good albums than does Elton John's reunion with Bernie Taupin--it signals panic and desperation, and unlike Elton, they're unlikely to reverse their long term downward sales course. I look forward to their retirement and the inevitable best-of collection that follows. C+

>stands in ure way

Actually all of his AC/DC reviews are nothing but complaining how they debase women.

>nobody is trying to impress each other here.
Lie

By the way, the most laughable Christgau thing I ever read was a column where he tries to justify the Rolling Stones writing similar cockrock lyrics. The excuse he had was (paraphrasing) "Well, Mick Jagger's sex songs are kind of androgynous so he's not really expressing a preference for either men or women."

It's like he couldn't bring himself to admit that one of his sacred cows could possibly...

hey guys :)

you take that back you fucking pleb

oh look, a good answer

Not even the best Sabbath album so how can it be the best rock album?

Did you ever stop to think that you're the hipster?

Great!

Jokes on you kid they've officially been my favorite band since checking out most of their discography in about 08 or so.

>anything about war pigs
>not perfect
You are my mortal enemy, in this life and the next tbqh

>funky 70s hendrix
Fugg i never really thought about what we missed out on by his death

Richie Blackmore's Rainbow was the tits brah I like those albums over his Deep Purple stuff

have you heard Stargazer? youtube.com/watch?v=W6CjO0H2j0s

Dio Rainbow>DP>non-Dio Rainbow

As good as it is, its too one dimensional to be the "best of all time".

not entirely tho- Ramble On, What is and what should never Be, Thank you etc...were all non-cookie cutter blues rock.

Space Truckin, Women from Toke-ee-Oh! Highway Star

>implying that cancerous and unnecessary speedup didn't ruin a perfect song

>criticises ACDC
>only because they debase women
golly fucking gee, I could list 100+ reason why ACDC is shit and mediocre at best but muh sexism wouldn't be on that list

That ain't even their best song mane
Child in Time, Space Truckin', When a Blind Man Cries, Speed King are my favourites
Even if I consider Sabbath to be much better, the musicians in DP were much more talented when it came to playing their instruments. Made in Japan sure is worth checking out if you're looking for really long instrument wankery and crazy soundscapes (John Lord even pulls a harshu noizu with his keyboards on Space Truckin)

Not even the best Sabbath record faggot boi

>This faggot thinks the Stones > Sabbath
wew