What would happen if the biggest fuckoff nuke on Earth was armed...

What would happen if the biggest fuckoff nuke on Earth was armed, and then sent down to the bottom of the Marianas Trench? Would it implode and detonate before it reached the bottom? Would the shockwave cause much damage to anything? Would it bring giant squid monsters to the surface to start analrekting entire countries? Would it make everything look like Lena Dunham's vagina?

Other urls found in this thread:

what-if.xkcd.com/15/
dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf&AD=ADA304244
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Y'all cunts better gimme a fucking answer

No

I would assume it'd be like the last option given that the largest (know) nuclear bomb was the Tsar Bomba and it was around 54 Mt(Megatons) while hiroshima was around 20 Mt

what-if.xkcd.com/15/

Furthermore they(USSR) had plans to make the Tsar Bomba even more insane by punching its Mt yield to near 100 Mt, it was never confirmed if they did complete it.

Thank you sir

>implode

That was how Godzilla was released.

Gojira, Mothra and King Ghodra would never let it happen if i remember my childhood weekends correctly

fuck off New York Times

a 100 Mt nuke was detonated

pic related

oh shit nigga we thought of the same theme

Well Mr. Uppity Nigger who knows everything, when and where then? At least used my big boy words you ignorant cunt.

Hiroshima was like 100kt....

No, it was designed for 100MT, they scaled it back to 50, due to the fact the drop plane would not survive a 100MT yeild

Kilotons vs Megatons.... right now who need to read a book? Just go away moron

~16 kt iirc lel

Pretty big diff

not me stupid fucking nigger

you still need to read a book

humanity could create 100 x bigger than tsar bomb if wanted.

I'm not sure if that's true.

humanity can create a 850 pT bomb

Or they could just drop your momma out of a plane

shit in my mouth daddy

you should fuckin get raped

rekt

dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf&AD=ADA304244

00-page report produced for the Department of Defense by Bernard Le Mehaute and Shen Wang. The report, published in 1996, exhaustively examines and summarizes all available research about the ocean waves created by nuclear explosions.

R.I.P NIGGA

dead

>>>>>>

This is now a rekt Thread

too far

you cant do that

> implosion trigger
The fuel is compressed by surrounding explosives which causes critical mass.

You dumb fuck

most likely the bomb would cause massive shift in tectonic plates, thus creating global catastrophy in tsunamis and earthquakes. You have to understand that whatever happens underwater at that depth and with that much power (such as the tsar bomb) would have even more massive effects as the energy traveled. If it creates huge waves at that depth, those waves will keep traveling until it hits land, and then eventually they'll rise out of the water at whatever height they were at when the bomb went off. I don't think the bomb would reach the bottom of the trench though, its fuckall deep and i think the pressure would cause the bomb to implode well before it got there.

In all seriousness I believe it would disturb a tectonic plate if it reached a great enough depth. Many earthquakes and tsunamis would follow.

never stood a chance

I don't think so. Look at the Richter scale. To go from like a 3 to a 4, you have to release like 30 times more energy. I think a bomb big enough at Marianas trench depth to cause a fault failure is beyond our current means. Look at bikini atoll. Biggest bomb there was like 8 megatons, blew up a good chunk of coral reef, but didn't do shit to techtonic stability. Now multiply that times 30, 240MT, still only goes up one magnitude on a Richter scale. Energy released on a global scale for an earthquake or fault event that causes massive destruction is beyond our means, thankfully. Except fracking..

Not alot really.

The blast wave from most US bombs up to 10MT is peaking around 60psi (the human body can only handle 5-8psi blast wave)

Trench pressure at bottom is like 15000psi.

only god can save us from this now

>Would it bring giant squid monsters to the surface to start analrekting entire countries?
this

How about that? This thread is still here. Thanks for answering (or attempting to answer) it, folks, you've given this snarky cunt a new lease on faith.

- OP

samefag

>
>samefag

People would mistake the resulting bloop with some giant sea monster moaning.